A pregnant belly has been looked upon as something that must be endured for a period of time.
It is the undeniable symbol of procreation, of a woman’s ability to produce new life, and a badge to signify her passage into the club of motherhood.
But the belly has other benefits that may be not quite so obvious.
Here’s a few up-sides to the massive girth before the birth, a few perks you may not have noticed just yet.
- Hello???? It makes and excellent tray for your dinner or cup of coffee. No standing around at the boss’s Christmas party with little cookies on a napkin for you.
- People – even young people who you think aren’t aware of anything that isn’t flashing across the screen on their phone –will give up their seat on the bus for your belly.
- As you and your belly approach the entrance to a public building, perfect strangers will take a moment out of the hustle and bustle of their busy lives to open the door for you.
- The prominent protrusion of pregnancy allows you to dress for comfort, regardless of the occasion, without the fear of social stigma.
- When you take your pregnant belly onto a crowded elevator, people will step aside to accommodate you and provide your belly with the personal space it so justly deserves.
- You’ll be able to take proudly your pregnant belly up the escalator, instead of using the stairs, gliding effortlessly to new heights, without hearing any whispered comments about thunder thighs.
- Likewise, you can be joyously guilt-free, with no fear of appearing in a meme on Facebook, when you happily take your belly on the elevator, even for a trip to only one floor, instead of taking the stairs.
- Your bouncing belly gives you permission to leave the stilettos at home, wearing the flats instead, much to the relief of your swollen feet.
- The high school kid working at the local market will carry your bags to your car for you, and not expect a tip, as a show of respect for your beautiful belly.
- Your co-workers will let you skip your turn to clean out the fridge in the break room, all in deference to the majesty of your pregnant belly.
So take your pregnant belly out and about with pride, ladies!
It is a symbol of all that is good in the world, and it brings out the best in other people.
Most of the time, they don’t even know that your belly is working its charm on them. Forcing them to a fleeting experience, a brief moment of their humanity.
If you want to take things to another level, why not make a cast of your belly?
And as you continue on your way, they will find themselves basking in the afterglow that comes with doing something that feels good. Even though they are unaware of the source of that brief, shining emotion. But your you know and softly smile, in a way that only Mothers can.