As soon as your kid starts talking, they will never stop.
They will start asking questions.
Lots of questions.
Some of them can be pretty hard to answer – explain to your child why sky is blue!
As a responsible parent you should answer them to the best of your knowledge and encourage their curiosity.
1. Are We There Yet?
- Yes we are. Isn’t this great?
- We were already there and we’re going home. Did you forget already?
- It’s a good thing you asked, I forgot where we were going. Guess we might as well go to the Dentist now.
- Sure, get out. Oh we’re driving fast on the freeway? Well maybe we haven’t arrived yet then.
- We’re on the road, where we’re going we won’t need roads. So no, we’re not there yet.
2. Where Are You?
- I’m out. What you see in front of you is a figment of your imagination.
- Mom is not here right now. Please leave a message and she’ll get back to you when you can ask nicely.
- Wherever you aren’t. Keep Looking!
- Somewhere over the rainbow.
- I’m wearing Harry’s invisibility cloak and it won’t come off!
- I’m here. You’re there. You need to get from there to here!
3. Is Daddy Home?
- Yes, he is. He’s just hiding very well, see if you can find him.
- No, that’s not really daddy. That’s just a dummy made of wax to keep you company since daddy isn’t home from work yet.
- No he told me that he won’t be coming home today he won a lifetime supply of ice cream and is going to be busy for a while.
- Who’s daddy again?
- You mean he’s gone? This whole time I thought he was right here!
4. Can We have Ice Cream for Dinner?
- There’s a limited supply, we’re all forced to ration it out.
- If you eat too much of it you’ll become allergic and never able to eat it again.
- Because you can’t eat ice cream on an empty stomach.
- I can’t open the ice cream carton until dinner is done, it’s locked.
- Well aliens stopped by last night and said they would vaporize the house if I didn’t hand over all the ice cream. Soooo we’re out.
5. Why Do I Have to Clean My Room?
- In case the president ever visits.
- because I forgot what color the carpet is and I’d like to find out.
- If I have to clean the rest of the house, you have to suffer too. Clean your room.
- because toys all over the floor attract monsters since they like to eat misplaced toys. As long as your room is clean they will stay away.
- It’s the only way I can see what toys you have so I don’t buy the same ones for your birthday.
Leave a comment and add some wisdom questions from your own little geniuses!
For now, here is a little reminder to watch yourself when you’re around your little ones!