This Christmas brings a festive feel to the last room you will probably think of decorating. Although Christmas decorations usually include mostly the living room, hallway, and children’s room, the spare room should not be missed because it also provides space and opportunities for holiday decorations.
Moreover, it will be a very warm welcome for your family members or friends you haven’t seen for a while.
No matter if you have a small double bed, or a king-size bed, your spare room needs special attention during the holiday season.
The Christmas tree, of course, could be the feature of your room, but the presence of garlands, wreaths, green twigs, lights, and themed ornaments will raise the festive spirit.
In addition, the use of the classic color scheme for Christmas – red, green, and white is a sure guarantee of a job well done.
Quick and Budget-Friendly Ways to Decorate a Spare Room for Christmas
At Christmas, everyone has a lot of expenses, and the decoration is only part of the budget that we have to set aside. But it doesn’t always have to dig deep into our pockets.
If you are looking for budget ideas for spare guest room Christmas decorations, you have come to the right place.
- Bed linen and other bedroom textiles, as a Christmas bedroom decoration, is the easiest way to create a festive mood. Choose one with Christmas motifs or appropriate colors. You can bet on a few accents, carrying the Christmas spirit, to match the style of the furniture.
- Fairy Lights are a super easy way to bring cheerful spirit for your guests. You can find brilliant ways to decorate the headboard with fairy lights. Replace the night lamp with festive DIY fairy lights mason jars. Or add fairy lights curtains if you want to impress your guests.
- No room for a Christmas tree? No problem, you can still have a magical tree where to expect your holiday gifts. Decorate the night stands with small Christmas trees to create a festive mood. An option is to stick a few twigs in a small pot and you will get cute little festive trees.
- Decorate the mirror, the headboard or the door with impressive Christmas baubles, wreaths, or Christmas gift stockings.
1. Add a Mattress Topper for a Comfy Bed
There is nothing more magical than the morning of Christmas. If you want to make a real present for your guest, make sure you offer them a comfy bed to sleep in.
We all know how good it is to sleep in Divan beds but in case your spare room bed is not the most comfortable one, you can add a mattress topper on.
This is much cheaper than buying a new bed. Do not forget to check the pillows, and duvets and replace them in case it is needed.
Add final Christmas touches with a fancy bed cover and festive throw pillows.
2. Bring High-Class Hotel Quality
Give your spare room a high-class hotel quality by changing the bed linens in a festive color scheme. Champagne-gold, ivory shades are warm enough and could be combined both with darker accent colors, or soft pile ones.
Leave a small but elegant Christmas compliment on nightstands. It can be a chocolate bar selection, a box of Christmas cookies wrapped as a Christmas gift, or even a small personal welcome gift.
Place a minibar box on the vanity with a bottle of water, soda, and sweets.
Make everything more impressive by leaving a basket with essentials like mini cosmetics, toothbrushes, shower caps, and all items that are easy to be forgotten by your guests.
A set of soft bath towels will give a more luxurious feeling.
3. Create a Feature Wall
In case you are one of those people who use the spare room as a storage place, and keep all seasonal items, probably you don’t care about guest room walls.
Here is a great way to create a feature wall for Christmas with wallpaper, and stickers.
It is an easy, quick, and affordable way to freshen up the interior. You can finish it up in less than a day and create a really impressive feature wall.
You shouldn’t forget your guests must feel welcome, and cozy. Make sure the room has a temperature control, and it is warm enough.