Whether you’re planning to rock a cool costume for Halloween, or dressing up for a kids birthday party, we have prepared a roundup of the most magical fairy makeup ideas to help you craft your vision.
Fairy makeup has always been super popular, especially for kids’ birthdays, baby showers and similar occasions, where the little ones can immerse themselves in the magical worlds, with a little help of makeup and a pretty costume.
Finding the right makeup is crucial, especially if you’re trying to recreate a specific look and make it appear convincing enough for those inquisitive young minds. If you’re planning to do a bit of DIY and test it yourself, we have included a simple fairy makeup DIY tutorial to help you get started.
Our roundup of the best fairy makeup ideas includes some simple examples that anyone with a bit of makeup skill can pull off, to more complicated examples that are best left to the experts.
Scroll down below to see our roundup, and check our expert tips for fairy makeup basics below.
Fairy Makeup Ideas: Simple DIY Tutorial
Follow this simple tutorial by Ereka Blanko for a fairy transformation you can recreate at home.
Fairy Makeup Ideas: Get the Basics Right
Before you start with your fairy makeup, there are a few essential steps you need to follow:
- Prepare your skin for makeup with a make-up base and primer to cover the unevenness and give a matte effect to your skin and make your make-up more durable.
- Next is contouring your face. This is how you will enhance and even slim down your face shape. You will be able to cover dark circles under your eyes and give a glamorous look to your face.
- Once you follow the above steps you will get your perfect canvas and you can apply your fairy makeup.
- One of the most dramatic ways you can transform your face is by adding some false eyelashes, with some dramatic eye makeup. The eyes are normally the focus of this type of makeup, so spend time on getting them just perfect and making them pop! Highlight the lashes with eyeliner (steady hand required!).
- A bit of magic fairy dust goes a long way – be generous with shimmer and glitter especially around your cheekbones and as your eye shadow. It transforms the whole look of a flat looking makeup to a work of art
- Don’t forget to blend your makeup correctly – it should appear seamless and magical. Smooth out any imperfections, brush up your brows and dust off any makeup residue from your face
- To complete the look, only your imagination is the limit – you can add wings as part of your fairy costume, flowers in your hair, rhinestones not just on your face but also in your body & hair, and much more.
33 Best Fairy Makeup Ideas for Inspiration
Here is our roundup! If you fancy more inspiration and ideas, head over to our Pinterest profile and search there!
1. A Magical Makeup
A makeup that will give you the look of a fairy creature. Bold colors and textures. Sparkling touch and mix of flowers.
2. Happy Hydrangea
This beautiful flower easily could interact with your makeup. Remember, purple is the color of royalties.
3. Unicorn Makeup
Keep calm and sparkle on, like a real unicorn!
4. Fairy Makeup
A lot of bright colors and all shades of pink. Summer mood and feeling.
5. Stary Makeup
Shine bright like a real star. Magical makeup out of this world. The tutorial for the makeup is available at the beginning of the article as a video.
6. The Beauty Of The Orchids
Exotic makeup inspired by the beauty of the orchids.
7. Bring The Spring
The power of the Spring- a mix of pure, gentle flowers and powerful winds and storms.
8. Natural Makeup
Show off your real beauty. A few touches of the brush, glossy lips, and doe-eyed makeup.
9. Fairy Makeup
If you want to see yourself as a real fairy, this makeup is the perfect combination of natural and stunning looks.
10. Summertime Madness
All the shades of the summer are exposed in a fairy makeup idea.
11. Ice Queen
Get a frosted look adding some crystals around your eyes. Combine pink and purple cold shadows and see yourself like an Ice queen.
12. Mermaid Makeup
The divine beauty of a mermaid. The story tells that even the sea couldn’t conceal the beauty of the mermaids.
13. Earth Shades
The colors of mother Earth are exposed in a fairy makeup. Nude lipstick, brown eyeshadows, and golden sparkling elements.
14. A Midnight Summer Dream
Feel the magic of the summer nights with this gorgeous makeup. Bright pink lips just like the forest sweet berries.
15. Rainbow Eyeshadow
Nude lips and colorful eyeshadows.
16. Butterfly Eyelashes
The butterfly effect is so powerful that could change everything.
17. Hummingbird Makeup
So bright and with a mix of colors. A combination of shades and hues gives a fairy vision.
18. Flower Girl
Darker lipstick gives an accent to the eyes. Beautiful long eyelashes with a glowing effect.
19. Magical Fairy Makeup
Icy look, icy purple lipstick, and a final touch of glitter.
20. Color Splash
Fairies of our time- modern, strong, and powerful superwomen. Bold and bright makeup from outer space.
21. Frozen Swan Makeup
Ice cold makeup inspired by the grace of the swans.
22. Snowy Fairytale
Feel the freeze with just one look. A fairy makeup inspired by the snowy, cold wood.
23. The Beauty Of The Wild
A fairy inspired by the beautiful wilderness.
24. Unicorn Fairy
Opt for something rather unusual with a lot of shimmer and a pink wig – a unicorn fairy is truly one of a kind.
25. Blossoming Fairy Makeup
Inspired by the pretty spring blooms, this simple fairy makeup is elevated by the beautiful flower crown.
26. Unicorn Fairy
When unicorn fairy meets Avatar!
27. Simple Fairy Makeup with Gemstones
If you’re looking for something that’s relatively easy to execute, this is one of the best directions you can take! Simple makeup is elevated by the use of gemstones and shimmer on the cheeks.
28. Fantasy Fairy Makeup Idea
Here is another take on a very simple makeup idea for a fairy look elevated by the use of accessories.
29. Dark Fantasy Fairy Makeup Idea
If you don’t need anything child-friendly, just something really striking – lets say for Halloween – this look will certainly turn their heads!
30. Dark Fairy
Now this is something you wouldn’t pull out for a kids party, but it certainly turns heads for Halloween or other theme party! The fairy makeup is pretty simple, but it’s elevated by the use of the right accessories and costume.
31. Mother Nature Elf Fairy
Is it an elf? Is it a garden fairy? It’s both! Go bold with green to recreate this striking Mother Nature inspired look.
32. Garden Fairy Makeup Idea
Add a touch of color to your brows and eyelids and transform yourself into a garden fairy! This makeup has some simple touches that are easy to replicate and create this magical look. Bonus points for using this striking yellow mascara for the lashes! If you can’t find one you can always buy fake lashes in this color tone.
33. Tinkerbell Makeup Idea
Another example of a simple makeup look that’s elevated by the use of gorgeous accessories and costume!
That was the last one from our roundup!
We hope you enjoyed this selection and if you want to save this article for future reference, use one of the images below to add it to your interest!