It isn’t a secret that this year everyone’s crazy about red hair. We can safely say that it’s become this year’s biggest hair trend, but more specifically the gorgeous shades of wine hair color.
The best thing is there are so many reds you can fall in love with – from pumpkin spice to red velvet cake they really make you stand out. You can wear your color in a long or short bob, with bangs and even curls, it goes well with anything.
And last but not least, the flaming color attracts more sun than others do, so a shine boost is guaranteed.
Wine Hair Color Care
Although really pretty, color-treated hair needs just a little more attention if you want your color to last longer.
- Maintaining red hair can be difficult as the color tends to fade fast. The key to a good care routine is to use a color-protecting shampoo and conditioner. They protect the color and keep your hair in perfect condition.
- Another important thing for your scarlet hair would be to turn the water temperature down when washing your hair. Lukewarm water is perfect for a wash. Hot water may open the hair cuticles and this way the color fades away faster.
- Heat protection is also important as heat damages the hair and makes the color fade. Make sure you use heat protection spray before using any hot tools.
Trending Wine Hair Color Shades
These are some of the hottest red wine color shades that are trending right now:
- Dark Red Velvet
- Black Cherry
- Bright Burgundy
- Mulled Wine
- Strawberry Cherry
- Ruby Red
30+ Best Looks for The Color of the Season
Here are some of the best looks of the season for wine hair color in all shades – we’re pretty sure you will find the right one for you!
Head down to the end of the article for more tips on how to match the wine hair color to your skin tone and stylist tips to ensure your hair stays in top shape!
1. Full Body Wine Hair Color
2. Chocolate Wine Hair Color
3. Light Burgundy Wine Hair Color
4. Deep Amethyst Hair
5. Wavy Lob Wine Hair
6. Chocolate Cranberry Wine Hair Color
7. Strawberry Wine
8. Cranberry Wine Balayage
9. Choco Cherry Hair
10. Deep Purple
11. Chocolate Caramel Highlighted Hair
12. Deep Velvet Hair
14. Retro Red Hair
15. Burgundy Magic
16. Far Out Fuchsia
17. Velvet Violet Highlights
18. Deep Red Wine Hair Color
19. Chocolate Highlights
20. Blond Highlights on Cranberry Wine Hair
21. Blue Peek-a-Boo Ombre
22. Red Velvet
23. Blueberry Wine Highlights
24. Red Velvet Hair
25. Dark Chocolate Wine Hair Color
26. Cranberry Flames
27. Raspberry Ombre
28. Flaming Strawberry
29. Plum Jam
30. Cranberry Ombre
31. Chocolate Wine Highlights Ombre
32. Blackberry Wine Hair Color
33. Wine Hair Color with Teal Highlights
The Best Red Color Ideas for Your Skin Tone
If you’re wondering whether the scarlet color is right for you, it’s time to find out. It doesn’t matter whether you have fair skin or you’re melanin-rich, there’s a hot red hue for you and it’s going to look fantastic.
If you are fair-skinned and wonder which one of the reds is the right for you, here are some options:
- Dusty Red
- Neutral Red
- Sparkling Ginger
- Dark Strawberry
All of these colors are natural-looking and perfect for this skin type. They all look very natural and complementary on fair skin.
For light-medium and medium skin you might wanna look at these:
- Bright Auburn
- Blood Orange
- Pumpkin Spice
- Cherry Coke
With these fiery hues you’re guaranteed to turn heads. They’re eye-catching and perfect for making a statement.
For our melanin-rich girls we have these intriguing ideas:
- Fiery Red
- Burnt Orange
- Violet Red
These red shades accentuate one’s features perfectly. In the end don’t forget to be brave and experiment with whatever shade you like best.
Should I Visit the Salon or Dye My Hair at Home?
Most of the time, it’s cheaper and easier to just get box dye and do the work at home. We’ve all been there.
But is that really the best option? Red color can be really tricky, so it’s always best to choose salon color and not box dye.
What’s the difference? The formulas of the two are not the same. Box dyes contain chemicals that can damage your hair. The ammonia in box dye damages the strands and makes them dry.
A hairdresser knows best which techniques to use so your hair can look (and feel) the best it can.
Not to mention the relaxation of just leaving yourself in the hands of a professional and just enjoying the results in the end. Pure bliss!
Don’t forget to let your hairdresser know if you’ve used box dye on your hair as it may be harder to remove the pigment from your hair.
Tips to Make Sure Your Hair is in the Best Shape
We all like to see our hair shiny and healthy. But it does take some good maintenance to see this happen. Make sure you use hair masks regularly. Using a mask keeps your color rich, your hair glistening and bouncy with life.
- One thing that makes color fade is shampoo. When washing your hair try to shampoo it less often. Washing your hair three times a week at most is enough for it to look its best.
- Be gentle with your hair. When you’ve just taken a shower and your hair is wet make sure you wait before brushing and use a special brush that’s made for wet hair.
- Use products made especially for dyed hair. They’re more gentle with your hair and maintain your color so you can look your best for as long as possible. Who doesn’t love healthy-looking hair?
If you’re wondering whether you should take this next step and dye your hair a beautiful crimson, this is your sign to do it! Although a little more care is needed, you’re guaranteed to wow at the end result.
The fiery color is the most loved this year and there’s so many shades to choose from that you’re sure to rock this color and make it your favorite.
The color is perfect for this time of the year and as long as you maintain your red and use the right products, this fiery sensation is bound to become one of your favorites.
If there’s one thing that can change your life, that’s making a statement. And what better way to do it? Red is the color of confidence, it’s bold and beautiful.
Whatever color you choose, have fun with it and make it your own. With our tips and tricks you’re ready to go!