Curly hair can be one of the most positive things in your look or your biggest nightmare.
If you are one of the curly goddesses, we have prepared for you stylish hairstyles for short curly hair you can maintain easily.
On some days it looks great, with perfectly-shaped curls and great volume, and on others, you are just grateful that someone invented hairbands and claw clips.
Curly hair is super sensitive to factors such as season, moisture, styling products, hairdryers, and even the pillowcase you sleep on.
In addition, it is significantly drier, which automatically means that it requires a lot more care.
Tips on How to Take Care for Curly Hair
What do you need to do to have impressive curls 7 days a week without spending hours in front of the mirrors?
- Choose the right products for curly hair according your hair type- choose a mild shampoo and hair products rich of natural oils. The result you will get is shiny, soft curls. Each of the products need to have moisturizing formula that will make your hair just gorgeous. Look for those containing shea butter, jojoba or coconut oil, and include these same oils in homemade masks if you love to treat it at home.
- Forget about hair brushes– One of the biggest mistakes curly girls sooner or later learns is that combing is the enemy of a good curls. Not only because combs and brushes spoil the look of naturally shaped curls by scattering locks, creating an unpleasant flying effect on all sides, but also because they destroy the structure of the hair. Stop damaging your hair while using hair brushes or combs.
- Avoid hairdryer– The most irresistable curls are obtained when no hair dryer is used for drying. Of course when you’re late or if you wash your hair in the morning before work, and you don’t have time to waiting that long, use diffuser instead. It directs the air exactly where it needs to, focusing on shaping the curls and creating volume at the root.
- Try to keep your natural hair color– additional coloring and treatment can dry your curly hair even more. Hair colors and those without ammonia are preferable. Yes, lighter locks can refresh the hair color and frame the face beautifully, add more volume, but it will be better to avoid frequently hair coloring.
13+ Stylish Hairstyles for Short Curly Hair that are Easy to Maintain
Short curly hair can look sexy and healthy with the right haircut. The most important thing is to consider the shape of your face. If you have wide cheekbones, let your hair falls slightly on them.
The most important thing when choosing a hairstyle for short curly hair is the type of curls. Wavy locks look great with a bean hairstyle. Asymmetrical and cascading hairstyles like angled bob and pixie are suitable for small curls, in which the hair in front is longer and envelops the face, and the back of the neck is short.
You can add a retro style with hair shaped into curls or delicate waves on both sides of the face.
Style up your short curly hair with different hair accessories like tiaras, headbands, and hair scarves. Curls do not flatten and look great, and you can wear them every day without damaging your curls.
You can find more hairstyles ideas and inspiration on our dedicated Pinterest board.
1. Short Curly Bob
A hairstyle that gives more volume to your hair. The best way is to wear it parted on one side, and give it a more asymmetrical look.
2. Long Wavy Pixie
A short curly hairstyle that flatters your face, and it is easy to style.
3. Angled Curly Bob
4. Tight Curls
Make sure you are using the right hair products for your tight curls, and forget to use the hair brush.
5. Curly Bangs
Do not be afraid to experiment and wear a bang even with curly hairstyle.
6. Curly Lob
When you want to impress with your curls, but same time prefer to wear them shorter, long curly bob is an ideal hairstyle for you.
7. Wild Curls
Go wild, and beautiful with free shiny curls!
8. Short Thick Curls
Thick curly hair is perfect to style, and you can experiment with different hairstyles.
9. Chin Lenght Curls
Ideal hairstyle for round faces, and fine tresses.
10. Side Swept Curls
When you want to style up your short curly hairstyle like a movie star, you can try this hairdo.
11. Inverted Curly Bob
When you are looking for easy maintenance of a short curly hairstyle, you can choose an inverted curly bob. You will have enough length of your hair so you can experiment with different hairstyles and accessories, but at the same time, you will cut double the time while styling it.
12. Long Pixie With Curls
13. Curly Bob with Bangs
If you are wondering if a short curly bob goes well with a curtain bang, the answer is yes. Do not forget to keep it a little bit longer, so you can maintain it easily.
14. Curly Pixie
Save time with this super easy curly pixie. You can leave your hair as messy as it is right after you wake up from bed.
15. Layered Curly Bob
The best way to show your perfect curls and the flattering shape of your short curly hairstyle.
16. One Side Parted Curly Bob
When you want to change something in your hairstyle, you can switch to a one-sided parted fringe.
17. Boho Curls
Sunkissed, freely boho curls are easy to maintain with the right hair products.