Time for a haircut?
Whether you’re looking for the perfect style for yourself or your daughter, this round-up of the cutest short haircuts for girls will save you half of the work!
Most girls love long flowing hair, but let’s be honest – it’s often not a very practical hairstyle.
The amount of maintenance long hair requires can be quite daunting, especially if you have more than one daughter and try to get everyone out of the door in the morning, on time.
If you’re looking for the perfect short haircuts for girls, there are a few things you should consider.
Short Haircuts for Girls – How to Choose the Right One
- Round up a list of styles you like – it’s always best to have a clear vision of what you want the hair to look like, before you proceed any further (and much easier to explain to the hairdresser)
- Any good hairdresser will give you advice on whether the particular hairstyle will work with the hair quality, thickness, and structure you or your little one have. Be prepared to make compromises or choose alternatives instead of stubbornly sticking to the styles you picked already.
- There is no one size fits all approach when choosing a new haircut – and it almost never ends up looking like in the pictures because hair quality and thickness vary a lot. It’s important to be aware of your own hair qualities, or those of your little girl, before selecting a hairstyle that will work.
- And remember – if something goes wrong, the hair always grows back. Short girl haircuts can be a bit of a hit and miss, but hair grows pretty quickly – especially for little girls – so there is little risk in trying something new once in a while.
Pros & Cons of Short Haircuts for Girls
As with any hairstyle, short girl haircuts come with a list of pros and cons, and much of these depend on the age. Let’s run through a few:
- PRO – super easy to maintain and wash, short haircuts for girls are one of the easiest to handle and are a very practical solution for a busy mom with daughters.
- PRO – no extra accessories needed – unlike with long hair, you don’t need an arsenal of hair clips and accessories to make the haircut look nice
- PRO – faster washing and drying
- PRO – very practical in summer
- CON – short haircuts don’t fit well to all face shapes and hair quality. For example, super thick hair will rarely look good with a short haircut.
- CON – it’s a bit risky to go with a very short haircut if you don’t have a skilled hairdresser.
With that out of the way, are you ready to find the inspiration for the perfect haircut?
Playful pixie, short shaggy bobs with bangs or without, they all are so cute and compliment almost all face shapes. Have a look at some of the cutest short haircuts for girls below and save your favorites to Pinterest.
Also check our other hairstyle articles at the end of this post, for more inspiration on how to style short hair!
Cute Short Haircuts for Girls: Get Inspired!
Here is our selection of the best short girl haircuts we found on Pinterest, check this board for more inspiration.
1. Easy Pixie
Very playful and adorable short haircut. It is practical and easy for moms.
Perfect for summertime.
2. The Perfect Short Bob
A layered short bob looks perfect on the little girl’s face.
It is sweet and suitable for all hair types.
3. Angled Short Bob
The perfect short haircut for more volume and thickness.
This cute hairstyle will make your little girl’s hair gorgeous.
4. A- Line Short Bob
One of the most popular short haircuts that always will be trendy.
It flatters on all face shapes and it is one of the most practical haircuts. Even if you want to tie a ponytail.
5. A Symmetrical Pixie
Cute asymmetrical pixie for a little princess. Make your girl a little fashionista with some bold shapes on aside.
If you are more into hair accessories leave the bang a little bit longer.
6. A-Line Bob With Bangs
One of the haircuts that brings a lot of charm and a cheerful attitude to kids.
7. Short Haircuts for Little Girls: Curly Bob
Your curly princess will look just gorgeous with a chin-long curly bob.
Her curls will be still free and playful.
8. Shaggy Bob
Messy, soft curls. Lenght to shoulders and so much cuteness.
9. Angel Haircut
The pure beauty of a fallen angel.
The mix between pixie and bob is so adorable.
10. Concave Haircut
A short haircut with layers and easy to curve inward for a better shape.
11. Rounded Bob
French charm and a lot of styles.
Rounded bob with a bang is a typical french hairstyle with a length to the chin.
12. Classic Bob
A classical short bob that always will be in style. Just like pearls.
13. Touseled Bob
Little messy, but still within the right shape.
An effortless short haircut is suitable for every little girl.
14. Messy Pixie
A versatile short haircut that brings the free spirit but in a stylish way.
15. Short Bob With Side Bang
Charming short bob hairstyle with a sided bang- perfect for thin hair.
16. Choppy Pixie
Yes, there are no doubts! This short hairstyle is suitable for a real little fashionista.
17. French Bob
True Parisienne chic!
Just an adorable lady with a short bob and cute bang.
18. Short Curly Hair Style
Best option for curly hair? Leave it slightly longer and brushed to the side.
A bold look for a fierce young lady.
20. Longer Bob
The classic that never goes out of style.
21. Short Pixie
Neat and easy to maintain.