Looking for cute short haircuts for girls? Are you planning a little makeover and need a bit of inspiration? In that case, you are at the right place!
This article has a roundup of over 20 most beautiful and practical short haircuts for girls, ranging from pixie haircut, braids, light highlights, cute cuts with fringe and even haircuts with waves.
Styling your little girl’s hair will be a breeze with one of these cute and easy-to-maintain cuts that are flattering for any face shape.
Are you ready to get started and pick the right haircut for your little one?
Scroll down in the article to see the best examples of short haircuts for girls, and check our tips below for selecting the one that will work for you.
Why a Short Haircut?
Most girls love long flowing hair, but let’s be honest – it’s often not a very practical hairstyle.
The amount of maintenance long hair requires can get quite time-consuming, especially if you have more than one daughter and try to get everyone out of the door in the morning, on time.
If you’re considering chopping long or medium hair to a short style, it can feel quite daunting and stressful. Especially if your daughter has fine hair, straight hair, natural curls, or hair texture that is hard to maintain in a short style haircut.
The great news is – short haircuts for girls fit to almost any hair quality, style and any face shape. And when it comes to the worst and you don’t like how it looks like, give it a few months and it will grow back.
How to Choose the Right from Short Haircuts for Girls
- Round up a list of styles you like – it’s always best to have a clear vision of what you want the hair to look like before you proceed any further (and much easier to explain to the hairdresser). Keep an open mind as what you see on the pictures will not always look the same when paired with different quality of hair and face shape, so prepare to be flexible.
- Think about parting – does your daughter like side-parted hair? Does she prefer to do middle parting? These types of practical decisions will help you narrow down the type of haircuts you can look into.
- Any good hairdresser will give you advice on whether the particular hairstyle will work with the hair quality, thickness, and structure you or your little one have. They will also be able to advise you on any trend that might be a perfect fit for your little one and the hair maintenance tips to keep the haircut looking its best.
- There is no one size fits all approach when choosing a new haircut – and it almost never ends up looking like in the pictures because hair quality and thickness vary a lot. It’s important to be aware of your own hair qualities, or those of your little girl, before selecting a hairstyle that will work.
- And remember – if something goes wrong, the hair always grows back. Short girl haircuts can be a bit of a hit and miss, but hair grows pretty quickly – especially for little girls – so there is little risk in trying something new once in a while.
33 Cute Short Haircuts for Girls: Get Inspired!
Here is our selection of the best short girl haircuts we found on Pinterest, check this board for more inspiration.
If you need some styling tips and maintenance tips for these hairstyles, head to the bottom of the article for more advice.
1. Easy Pixie
Very playful and adorable short haircut. It is practical and easy for moms.
Perfect for summertime.
2. The Perfect Short Bob
A layered short bob looks perfect on the little girl’s face.
It is sweet and suitable for all hair types.
3. Angled Short Bob
The perfect short haircut for more volume and thickness.
This cute hairstyle will make your little girl’s hair gorgeous.
4. A- Line Short Bob
One of the most popular short haircuts that always will be trendy.
It flatters on all face shapes and it is one of the most practical haircuts. Even if you want to tie a ponytail.
5. A Symmetrical Pixie
Cute asymmetrical pixie for a little princess. Make your girl a little fashionista with some bold shapes on aside.
If you are more into hair accessories leave the bang a little bit longer.
6. A-Line Bob With Bangs
One of the haircuts that brings a lot of charm and a cheerful attitude to kids.
7. Short Haircuts for Little Girls: Curly Bob
Your curly princess will look just gorgeous with a chin-long curly bob.
Her curls will be still free and playful.
8. Shaggy Bob
Messy, soft curls. Lenght to shoulders and so much cuteness.
9. Angel Haircut
The pure beauty of a fallen angel.
The mix between pixie and bob is so adorable.
10. Concave Haircut
A short haircut with layers and easy to curve inward for a better shape.
11. Rounded Bob
French charm and a lot of styles.
Rounded bob with a bang is a typical french hairstyle with a length to the chin.
12. Classic Bob
A classical short bob that always will be in style. Just like pearls.
13. Touseled Bob
Little messy, but still within the right shape.
An effortless short haircut is suitable for every little girl.
14. Messy Pixie
A versatile short haircut that brings the free spirit but in a stylish way.
15. Short Bob With Side Bang
Charming short bob hairstyle with a sided bang- perfect for thin hair.
16. Choppy Pixie
Yes, there are no doubts! This short hairstyle is suitable for a real little fashionista.
17. French Bob
True Parisienne chic!
Just an adorable lady with a short bob and cute bang.
18. Short Curly Hair Style
Best option for curly hair? Leave it slightly longer and brushed to the side.
A bold look for a fierce young lady.
20. Longer Bob
The classic that never goes out of style.
21. Short Pixie
Neat and easy to maintain.
22. Low Cut Fringe Strands
23. Chin Length Bob with Fringe
24. Short Haircut for Curly Hair
25. Curly Bob with Side Parting
26. Undercut with a Touch of Color
27. Very Short Hair
28. Super Short Pixie Bob
29. Super Short with Cute Fringe
30. Asymmetric Cute Pixie
31. Cute Pixie Cut with Side Parting
32. Wavy Hair Short Haircut with Side Parting
33. Cute Bob with Long Sides
Pros & Cons of Short Haircuts for Girls
As with any hairstyle, short girl haircuts come with a list of pros and cons, and much of these depend on the age. Let’s run through a few:
- PRO – super easy to maintain and wash, short haircuts for girls are one of the easiest to handle and are a very practical solution for a busy mom with daughters.
- PRO – no extra accessories needed – unlike with long hair, you don’t need an arsenal of hair clips and accessories to make the haircut look nice
- PRO – faster washing and drying
- PRO – very practical in summer
- CON – short haircuts don’t fit well to all face shapes and hair quality. For example, super thick hair will rarely look good with a short haircut.
- CON – it’s a bit risky to go with a very short haircut if you don’t have a skilled hairdresser.
Maintenance Tips for Short Haircuts for Girls
To keep the luscious locks of your little one under control, a few simple rules should be followed. Here are top tips for making your little one’s haircut look its best:
- bob haircuts are generally low maintenance, but can look quite messy when she gets out of bed. All it needs is a quality brush that doesn’t cause friction with the hair, to give it a proper sweep in the morning.
- use a round brush if the hair is a little longer, to make it look fuller and more voluminous. If the hair is super short, any natural brush will do. Try to avoid using plastic materials as they cause a lot of friction with the hair.
- no blow-dry or using any heat appliances on the hair, unless it’s a special occasion. Little girl’s hair needs to be protected from unnecessary heat and use of cosmetic products like a hairspray or gel – keep it natural to ensure the hair stays healthy and grows fast.
- if she’s growing out of her short haircut, a quick trip to the salon and trim will make it look all fabulous again!
- do not let her go to bed with wet hair – it will be much harder to get under control in the morning, not to mention it’s not a good habit to develop
More Hairstyle Ideas
LOVE it? PIN it for Later!
FAQ: Short Haircuts for Girls
What is the new 2022 short haircut?
2022 doesn’t bring any revolution when it comes to short haircuts for girls, and the classics are still very much in fashion – think pixie cut, short bob and side-swept short hairstyles.
What hair cut is best for short hair for girl?
The choice of a short haircut for a girl depends on a number of things – the structure and quality of hair, face shape and maintenance preferences. Some of the most popular short haircuts for girls include short bobs in various styles and pixie cut.
What is the easiest short haircut?
Short bobs or pixie cuts are normally the easiest to maintain.
Is short hair trending in 2022?
Yes, it is! Short haircuts for little girls are super popular even in 2022 and come in a range of different styles.
What is the best short haircut?
That depends on a number of things, like the face shape, hair quality and structure and haircut maintenance needs. The most popular styles include short pixies and bobs.