In the world of hair, the buzz is all around three words – claw clip hairstyles!
Whether you have long hair or short hair, this staple of your former elementary school is making a big comeback this year and you should definitely take notice. Many celebrities like Kendall Jenner or Bella Hadid are leading the way for this effortless, and much more importantly, practical hairstyle.
The 90s revival is back in full force and it would be a shame to miss it – especially if it involves one of your all-time favorite hair accessories.
If you want to give it a go and try to avoid looking like you just took the time machine to the 90s, there are plenty of modern hairstyles for any hair length that works perfectly with claw clips. Whether you get inspired by sleek updos, messy ponies, the half-up look or clip on the side of your head, this new go-to style will always be on point and look fabulous.
There is also an abundance of gorgeous and innovative claw clip designs – something that was a bit of luxury back in the 90s.
They come in all shapes and sizes, so you can shop your heart out until you find the perfect one for your hair.
Medium size claw clip and also minimalist oversized ones are very popular as they hold the hair perfectly, without the need for any additional hair spray or other tricks.
Get a few ones for the weekend and experiment with one of these claw clip hairstyles – we have prepared the ultimate list for inspiration below.
How to Pull Off Claw Clip Hairstyles
Claw clips or hair clip hairstyles work for any hair length, but you will need at least shoulder-length hair to make them stay in place properly.
If you’re struggling with very thick hair, make sure you buy a clip that is sturdy enough to hold all your hair in place – these tend to be bigger than normal or have a wider opening. Also check the build of the claw clip, some are made from cheap plastic that will crack after a few uses.
For thin hair, it’s the opposite – choose a hair clip that is smaller and not too heavy, so it doesn’t slide down from your head.
Claw clips or hair clips tend to break easily if they are made from plastic, so having a few spares at home or one in your bag is a good idea.
If you want to dress up your look for a special occasion, all you need are some fancy hair clip hairstyles to instantly transform your hair into an elegant updo or a simple brushed-up look that doesn’t take hours to produce.
Claw clips are a great way to transform your style without having to completely restyle your hair – and we know how much that is appreciated especially on bad hair days!
Claw clip hairstyles are some of the easiest to pull off even with very little hairstyling skills and offer you plenty of options to experiment with your hair.
Best Styles: Our Picks for Claw Clip Hairstyles
Without further delay, here is our roundup of claw clips hairstyle inspiration from Pinterest, loved by expert hairstylists around the world.
You can find plenty more on our board Pinterest.
1. Half Up Half Down Claw Clip Hairstyles on Long Hair
If you have long and wavy hair, claw clip hairstyles like this one are the best for you. A twisted half down and a simple claw clip. Elegant enough even for office hair.
2. Simple Bun
Turn your simple low bun into a marvelous claw clip hair, with some pieces of hair around your face. Easy and beautiful enough for a night out.
3. Classic Bun with Clip
The classic bun could be a fashionable hairstyle with the appropriate accessory. Hair clip hairstyles like this one are easy to pull off even if you’re on the go and need to look put together very quickly, with minimum accessories.
4. Half-Up with Loose Bun
Half up, half down- a hairstyle for every day and every occasion. A sophisticated claw clip could make this hairstyle good for a fancy brunch with your friends.
5. Messy Up-Do with Large Claw Clip
For some people, this is the hairstyle when you are getting a bath.
But the recent trends show the convenience of being more casual. So, why not? Simple, messy, and cute hairstyles with clips.
6. Minimal Effort with Minimalist Claw Clip
Who said a claw clip hair couldn’t be fabulous? Check this! It is like a piece of small jewelry.
7. Messy Small Claw Style
This one is exactly like little baby girl’s first hairstyle. Cute and simple.
8. Twist Hair Ponytail
The twisted ponytail is a little boho claw clip hairstyle and when you fix it with the right add-on, you get the look from a professional.
9. Chic Look with Statement Claw Clip
Make a statement with a solid claw clip. It gives a final touch to your entire hairstyle.
10. Pearl Claw Clips
Tender, feminine and so gorgeous easy claw clip hairstyles. If diamonds are girls’ best friends, the pearls are their sisters.
11. Semi-Open UpDo
If you have mid-hair you will like this hairstyle. A bit neglige, simple, and playful.
12. Small Claw Clips for Split Bun Look
Do you know the real name of the double bun? It comes from Japanese- (お団子, odango). Comes from Dango- which is a dumpling and o- is honorific.
13. Messy Claw Clip Hairstyles
Having short hair doesn’t mean you could not wear hair accessories. Claw clip hairstyles like this one are suitable for all hair lengths.
14. Low-Tension Double Clips on Inverted Ponytail
Give your braid some glitter with double claw clips.
15. Twisted Low Ponytail Claw Clip Long Hair
A very natural and chic claw clip hairstyle. It reminds a fashion magazine editor style. Plain and unselfconscious, but with a lot of character.
16. Elegant Updo Clip
Very feminine and romantic. Easy to do and good for all-day meetings and activities.
17. Double Bun Style
A hairstyle that has an optical illusion. This double bun style makes your hair look thicker and longer.
18. Mini Hairstyles with Claw Clips
Like a schoolgirl. Leave your loose hair and simply twist the sides. We promise small claw clip hairstyles will soon become a favorite!
19. Butterfly Claw Clip Hairstyles for Short Hair
Very chic and girly claw clips. Small butterfly drops that look like a small bijou in your hair.
20. Hairstyles with Small Claw Clips
One of our favorite ideas of small clip hairstyles!
21. High Up-Do Claw Clip Hairstyles For Thick Hair
Mulan’s hairstyle shows your energy and strength. Make it fancier with a sophisticated claw clip hair styles.
22. New Summer Style Claw Clip
23. Locked Glaze Half Up With Claw Clip
24. Butterfly Half Up Clip Hairstyles
25. Romantic Claw Clip Hairstyle
25. Minimalistic Half Up Half Down with Clip
26. Wooden Claw Clip Hairstyle
27. Golden Open Shape Claw Clip
28. Messy Bun With Small Claw Clip
29. Tortoiseshell Claw Clip
30. Fun Mini Claw Clip Hairstyles
31. Green Claw Clip
32. Flower Claw Clip
33. Medium Jelly Claw Clip
34. Pearl Claw Half Up Hair Clip
35. Twisted Half Up-do Mini Claw Clips Hairstyles
36. Cute Hair Clip Styles with Jewelry
37. Braided Claw Clip Hairstyle
38. Retro Claw Clip Hairstyles Half Up Half Down
39. Angel Wings Half Up Hair Clip Styles
40. Pastel- Toned Claw Clip Hairstyles for Medium Hair
41. Silver Minimalist Hair Clip Styles
42. Half Up Half Down Hair Clip
43. Butterfly Wings Bun Claw Clip Half Up Half Down
One of our favorite butterfly clip hairstyles!
44. Special Occasion Half Up Claw Clip Hairstyles
45. New Take on Half Up Half Down with Claw Clip
46. Simple But Cute Claw Clip Hairstyles
47. Half Up Half Down Hairstyles With Claw Clip
48. Claw Clip on Long Hair
49. Ponytail Claw Clip Hairstyles For Long Hair
50. Curly Half Up Half Down Clip Hairstyles
This is a great idea for a practical half up half down claw clip curly hairstyle!
How to Put Hair in Claw Clip
There are a few styles of using claw clips to create cute clip hairstyles, here are some of the most simple ones.
- Gather all your hear at the bottom of your head and using a twisting motion as you slowly raise it upwards to your head
- Hold it upright towards your head and secure with a claw clip
- Let rest of the hair coming out of the ponytail fall naturally next to the claw clip
- Secure your hair in a ponytail
- Same as with french braid, using twisting motion roll your hear around in your hand until it creates a bun around the ponytail
- Secure the ends of your ponytail with a claw clip
Quick and Easy Claw Clip Style
- Take part of your hair from each side to meet at the back of your head
- Secure with a claw clip
Are Claw Clips Back In Style 2022?
Claw clips are one of the 90s’ accessory trends that have a huge comeback in 2018 and will continue to make your hairstyle stylish and unique in 2022.
The latest trends show a more refined look of this hair accessory that brings more elegant and sophisticated touches to your hair.
How Do You Style Hair With Claw Clips?
- French Twist
- Ponytail Twist
- Top Knot
- Messy Bun
- Twisted Bun
- Low Ponytail
- Double Claw Clip
Is Claw Clip Better For Hair?
Using claw clips is much better for your hair than elastic hair ties. Wearing your hair in a ponytail or bun poses a risk of hair breakage and even hair loss.
If you like your hair raised up, make sure the elastic is not too tight, and better use a claw clip. The hair should not be folded for too long.
How Do You Wear A Claw Clip With Long Thick Hair?
- French twist up
- Tied hair up
- Twist up