Sleek ponytail hairstyles are the ultimate trend for a polished and sophisticated look.
This chic hairstyle is achieved by smoothing out your hair with a brush and securing it in a high or low ponytail with an elastic band.
Not only is this style effortless and easy to create, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
You can wear a sleek ponytail with a center or side part, and it can be styled straight or with a slight wave for added texture.
Plus, a sleek ponytail is a great way to show off your facial features and highlight your makeup look.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy hairstyle, browse the article below to find answers to all your questions on how to get the ‘IT’ hairstyle of this year – the sleek ponytail.
40+ Ideas Sleek Ponytail Hairstyles
While the hairstyle itself is simple and basic, there’s lots of room to experiment and make the look your own.
We’ve rounded up the best looks that we’ve seen. Take a look below and find your go-to hairstyle!
Video Tutorials for Sleek Ponytail Hairstyles
Want a step-by-step breakdown of how to get the look? Watch the tutorial from Sloan Byrd below and learn how to get the sleekest ponytail there is!
2023 Trends for Sleek Ponytail Hairstyles
This hairstyle is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re heading to the office, running errands, or hitting the town for a night out.
It’s a timeless look that never goes out of style and can be dressed up or down depending on your outfit and accessories. Some of our favorite ways girls have worn this hairstyle are:
- Add texture: First up, we’re seeing a lot of sleek ponytails with added texture. This can be achieved by using a curling iron or flat iron to create some subtle waves or by using a texturizing spray for a more natural look.
- Go low: Another trend we’re loving is the low ponytail with a middle part. This look is perfect for those who want to keep their hair out of their face while still looking effortlessly chic. Plus, it’s super easy to create – just gather your hair into a low ponytail and part it down the middle.
- Pair it with a bold accessory: If you’re feeling a little more daring, why not try a sleek ponytail with a bold accessory? We’re talking about statement hair clips, scarves, or even a pop of color with a brightly colored hair tie.
Accessories & Styling Tips for Sleek Ponytail Hairstyles
Want to dress up your sleek ponytail the right way? Look at our list of handy tips to accessorize and style your hair for a chic look.
- Play with hair accessories: One of the easiest ways to jazz up a sleek ponytail is by adding hair accessories. You can try adding a statement hair clip, a scrunchie, a headband, or even some sparkly bobby pins. These accessories not only add some personality to your hairstyle but can also help keep your hair in place.
- Add some texture to your ponytail: If you want to add some texture to your sleek ponytail, try using a texturizing spray or dry shampoo before pulling your hair back. This will give your hair some grip and create a tousled look.
- Show off your length with a half-up ponytail: If you want to keep your hair out of your face but still show off your length, try a half-up ponytail. Simply gather the top half of your hair and secure it into a ponytail, leaving the rest of your hair down.
- Braided ponytail: For a more intricate look, try adding a braid to your sleek ponytail. You can create a simple three-strand braid or try a fishtail braid for a more bohemian vibe.
More Easy-To-Do Hairstyle Ideas
10 Gorgeous Hairstyles With Clips
35 Cutest Beach Hairstyles To Rock This Summer
50 Stylish Claw Clip Hairstyles to Freshen up Your Look
Stylist Picks: 50+ Cute Looks For Long Hair With Bangs Trending in 2023
25+ Hairstyles To Do with Box Braid
33+ Stylish Hippie Hairstyles You Can Try Today
30+ Greatest 90s Hairstyles and Hair Accessories Making a Comeback