Looking for trending and cute beach hairstyles for this year? You came to the right place! Our team has rounded up 35 of the cutest and easy-to-do beach hairstyles to help you hit the beach in style this year.
No matter what hair length, hair structure or hairstyle preferences you might have, there is a beautiful beach hairstyle you can do at home, and look absolutely fabulous when you hit the beach!
When choosing your hairstyles for the beach, keep in mind that you want to protect your hair from sun damage and you don’t want to choose a style that’s very tight and can be worn comfortably for most of the day. If you’re planning on swimming in the sea, you also want to make sure your hair is easy to fix afterwards.
In this article, you will find a simple video tutorial for three easy styles you can try at home before hitting the beach, followed by the most popular styles for beach hair and finally a curated collection of 35 cutest beach hairstyles you can rock this summer!
We hope you enjoy this collection and find lots of inspiration for the perfect hairstyles for your vacation!
Video Tutorial: Three Simple Beach Hairstyles
Here is a video tutorial with step by step instructions for three different looks you can create easily at home!
Most Popular Beach Hairstyles
- Loose Waves and Natural Hair – the beach is all about having fun and enjoying the outdoors, so if you belong to the natural look category, simply styled hair with some volume and waves is all you need for a spot on look for the beach.
- Messy Bun – an effortless look that fits perfectly on the beach, and compliments any swimming suit wonderfully! Messy buns are perfect because you can do them in any way you want and they always look stylish and on-trend.
- Bandana Hairstyles – bandanas are perfect for creating a beach look as they also protect your hair from sun damage.
- Hairstyles with Clips – with a few twists you can create a beautiful hairstyle using ocean themed clips like star fish or shells.
- Braids and More Braids – if you prefer your hair nice and tidy and under control, experiment with a variety of different braid styles and looks – there are so many to choose from in our collection below!
35 Beach Hairstyles To Try in 2023
Ready to start picking your favorites? Below is the round-up of the best beach hairstyles from Pinterest – if you need more inspiration, check our board here.
1. Braided Beach Hair with Scarf
2. Side Braids with Beachy Waves
3. Classic French Braids
4. Loose Waves with Straw Hat
5. Double Fish Braids
6. Messy Braids
7. Classic Vacation Look with Braids
8. Simple Hair with Star Hair Clip
9. Scarf Bun Tie
A cute bun for the beach is a practical way to feel more comfortable. But with a colorful scarf, this hairstyle becomes much more charming and it gives a flirty note.
10. Easy Hairstyle With Bandana
One of the biggest trends for summer 2020- headband. Absolutely gorgeous and suitable for all types of hair. Plus it gives a playfull wink.
11. Braided Beach Hairstyle with Low Bun
There is something romantic in the braided hairstyles. Especially the ones which combine the french waterfall braids and the dutch braids. Absolutely chic and classy.
12. Half Braided Beach Hairstyle for Straight Hair
One more romantic beach hairstyle- a twisted half tail ended in a braid.
13. Twisted Pony
A twisted ponytail is a brilliant and easy beach hairstyle. The soft breeze will gently ruffle your hair.
14. York Hair Tie with Loose Strands
15. Natural Beach Hair
Simplicity and absolutely freedom- let your hair touch the sand and feel the waves. The best thing in this hairstyle appears after your hair dries out- it gets a little bit wavy with a golden shade.
16. Beach Days Surfer Inspired Hair
17. A Messy Top Bun
18. Beach Theme Hair Clip
19. Summer Hairstyle With Claw Clips
20. Braided Blonde Hair With A Scarf
A fashionable way to add an accent to your beachwear.
21. Two-Sided Half Braids
A hairstyle for more active and flirty girls.
22. Scarf Turban
A trend from the 60’s this vision will turn you into the star on the beach.
23. Two-Sided Braids
Dutch braids are really popular and comfortable to wear. It gives freedom to play beach volleyball or other beach activity without worrying if your hair will get messy.
24. Oversized Scrunchie For Curls
Absolutely trendy and top hair accessory. If you don’t use it to dress up your hairstyle, then you can simply wear it as a bracelet.
25. Boho Waves And Clips
26. Half-Up Top Knot
27. Simple Braid for Shorter Hair
28. Heart Shaped Braided Hair
29. Tiny Sided Braids
30. Sea Life in Hair
31. Hippie Style with Loose Beach Waves
33. Yo Ho Ho- Pirate Style
34. Messy Ponytail
35. Aloha Beach Hairstyles
Maintenance Tips for Beach Hairstyles
- Practicality above everything else – you don’t want to spend two hours in front of the mirror adjusting your hair when you know it will get swept by the wind on the beach. Choose a hairstyle with an easy maintenance that can be fixed up pretty quickly.
- Keep the accessories practical – a scarf is a great way to keep your hair in place and the same time protects your hair from sun damage. Alternatively, a straw hat always looks stylish and won’t mess up your hairstyle while protecting you from the sun.
- Don’t forget to protect your hair from the sun too – to finish off your hairstyle apply a bit of sun protection spray, and ideally wear a hat.
- Salt water can do a lot of damage to your hair – make sure you add moisture to your hair by using a conditioning treatment once a week, and using a good quality conditioner after each wash.
- Avoid using any heat treatment if you’re hitting the beach – using a flat iron or curling iron may achieve the desired look, but these heat treatments dry out the hair a lot, which will only get worse when it’s exposed to the sun.