Caramel highlights for black hair are super popular hair trend all year round and we put together this curated collection of over 30 of the prettiest styles.
Caramel shade locks bring more playful hues and make your hair look thicker and simply gorgeous, no matter if you have curls, short hair or super long straight hair. They are a really easy way to add a bit of variety to dark hair if you don’t want to bleach it and go for full-on color change.
There are so many shades of caramel you can choose from that blend beautifully with a brown base or darker shades of color, and add more depth, warmth and texture to all hair types.
Highlights are also a very low-maintenance way to change your hairstyle without having to invest a lot into color-treated hair products from the salon.
How To Make Caramel Highlights for Black Hair
When you are seeking a trendy and new style, these caramel locks look stunning on black hair and dark brown hair, and the shades are best to correctly match your skin tone.
There are traditional techniques, which use foil or a special hat for locks. You can also try balayage technique which is just a free application of the color treatment by hand strokes.
With the foil, you will get a very even and precise result, while with balayage the effect is more natural. The method allows you to apply the desired color in specific areas, which will bring more light and brighten your face and give you a beautiful look.
When you are dyeing with the Ombre type, the hair color gradually changes from dark to light, from the roots to your ends. Instead of creating a grading effect, the accents of the balayage are applied along the entire length of the hair, in specific areas.
If you are seeking for very light and even unrecognizable effect, sombre is your dyeing method. It creates a softer, less contrasting, transition of shades from root to tip of your hair.
When you want to be more delicate in your hair color, baby highlights will brighten up your look in a supernatural way. With this technique, you will dye much smaller sections of hair, and the sections are much closer together.
- Baby highlights
- Foil highlights
Best Ideas for Caramel Highlights for Black Hair
Give your hair a little more sweetness with these caramel highlights for black hair. In this way, you will have a more natural balayage just like after a summer holiday on the beach.
So what are you waiting for?
Check out our caramel highlights for black hair inspirations below and on our Pinterest board.
1. Natural-Looking Partial Balayage
2. Partial Caramel Highlights Brunette Hair
3. Long Layers with Caramel Locks
4. Copper Highlights on Black Hair
5. Chocolate Brown on Medium Brown Hair
6. Shaggy Caramel Color Highlights
7. Natural-Looking Caramel Hair Color
8. Deep Roots with Caramel Highlights
9. Brunette with Face-Framing Highlights
10. Angled Black Brown Lob with Caramel Highlights
11. Wide Streaks of Caramel Highlights
12. Blunt Brown Color Bob with Front Highlights
13. Long Wavy Honey Balayage Hair
14. Messy Waves Haircut with Creamy Highlights
15. Rock and Roll Blonde Highlights
16. Brown Barbie-Style Hair
17. Top-Knot with Bangs and Toffee Highlights
18. Black Lob with Partial Highlights for Straight Hair
19. Long Wavy Walnut Brown Tresses
20. Tousled Medium Bronde Bob
21. Honey Bronde Waves
22. Wavy Dark Brown and Blonde Balayage Hairstyle
23. Long Hair with Caramel Balayage
24. Rusty Blonde Balayage Waves for Dark Hair
25. Dark Brown Cut with Subtle Caramel Highlights
26. Choppy Brown Lob with Caramel Highlights
27. Waist-Length Messy Brown Waves
28. Collarbone Choppy Caramel Bob
29. Minimalist Partial Balayage on Dark Hair
30. Deep Chocolate Brown
31. Dark Copper Shades
32. Caramel Flavor
33. Mesmerizing Half Balayage on Long Hair
For hope you enjoyed this collection of caramel highlights for dark hair – for even more inspiration for different hair styles and hair color options, check our articles below.
More Hairstyle Ideas and Inspirations
35+ Dirty Blonde Hair Ideas that Look Amazing on Anyone
30+ Gorgeous Balayage on Black Hair Ideas Trending in 2022
35+ Gorgeous Strawberry Blonde Hairstyles
25+ Cute & Easy To Do Trending Beach Hairstyles
25+ Beautiful & Stylish Undercuts for Women