Time to update your hairstyle? Looking for a bit of inspiration? Give your hair a touch of light with these beautiful ideas for balayage on black hair.
We have prepared the ultimate roundup of the best ideas to inspire your makeover.
Check them out below!
How Does Balayage Work?
Black balayage looks amazing on almost any hair length and you can choose from a range of colors to test – what’s not to love?
Balayage is actually a French word meaning “sweeping”, it is a freehand painting technique on the hair that creates a natural gradation of lightness. The result is the summer look of your hair after a long vacation on the beach.
Golden sandy highlights with hues from white, ashy blond to soft honey, and chocolate shades. The possibilities are endless.
The balayage technique could be applied naturally to any hair color and still will have the same gorgeous effect. This technique works with almost any hair texture, so you can give it a go even if you have natural waves or curls.
Elegantly sweep different shades and hues- from icy blonde, and mild chocolate highlights, to the latest trend of pastel pink, and teal colors.
One of the best advantages of the balayage effect is its natural look even when your hair grows longer. It doesn’t look as harsh as highlights, and that’s why it’s quickly becoming one of the favorite techniques hair stylists recommend to clients in a hair salon.
Get Inspired: The Best Balayage on Black Hair Looks
Are you ready to pick your favorite? Say goodbye to old boring hair with a new trendy hairstyle inspired by one of the beautiful hairstyle examples below.
Feel the gentle kisses from the sun with these stunning balayage on black hair ideas, and switch the summer mode on.
1. Natural Brown Balayage
A mix of cool blue hues with soft caramel highlights.
2. Chocolate Balayage On Black Hair
Chocolate brown touches will play with the sunlight and make your hair more vivid.
3. Blond Balayage
Sun-kissed highlights look so natural.
4. Mahogany Highlights
Silky, radiant hair just like from a hairstyle magazine.
5. Chocolate Highlights
For all chocolate lovers.
6. Soft Blonde Balayage
Soft cool black balayage hair is one of our top favorites.
7. Teal Balayage On Black Hair
Be more extravagant with teal hues.
8. Burgundy Red Balayage
Snow White-inspired hairstyle.
9. Full Icy Blonde
A step before you decide to go entirely blonde.
10. Lavender Winter Balayage
11. Eggplant Balayage
11. Caramel Highlights
Soft caramel touches for soft, and gentle accents.
12. Chocolate Caramel Balayage on Dark Hair
Mild chocolate-caramel highlights will make your black hair remarkable.
13. Pomegranate Strands
Red highlights for your perfect passionate hairstyle.
14. Shiny Golden Partial Balayage
A partial balayage is ideal when you have doubts about whether balayage hairstyles are for you.
15. Midnight Shadows Blue Balayage On Black Hair
Midnight blue shadows for perfect balayage black hair makeover.
16. Radiant Light Brown Balayage
Radiant elements looks so good on black hair.
17. Ash Blonde Highlights
18. Cherry Chocolate Balayage
Mild tones of cherry-chocolate hues.
19. Partial Red Balayage
Add some flames to your hairstyle.
20. Subtle Balayage Highlights
21. Sprinkled Chocolate And Caramel Balayage
Warm chocolate accents are perfect to make your hair thicker.
22. Full Silver Balayage
All women dream about thick and radiant hair. Silver balayage black hair will make your hair look like silk.
23. Icy Blond Balayage Highlights
Add silver icy blond highlights and your black hair will become more sparkling.
24. Ashy Balayage Black Hair
25. Pink Balayage on Dark Hair
26. Ice Blue Balayage on Black Hair
27. Rose Gold Melt
Make a huge transformation on your hairstyle with melting strawberry hues.
28. Golden Highlights with Waves
Softness and pure class with golden highlights thanks to balayage black hair.
29. Black Hair with Subtle Highlights
Your hair will look much thicker and stronger with subtle highlights.
30. Golden Brown Balayage
Golden touches after the long wild summer look so beautiful on black hair.
31. Soft Brunette Balayage
When you want to add some softness and mild touches to your black hair.
32. Purple Hue
A playful balayage on black hair with rainbow hues.
33. Blonde Balayage with Waves
34. Blonde Balayage on Long Hair
35. Medium Length Hair Golden Balayage
36. Sun-Kissed Summer Hair
37. Ombre Coffee Balayage
38. Ombre Copper Balayage
39. Chestnut Balayage
40. Hazelnut Balayage on Medium Length Hair
41. Ashy Balayage
42. Bold Balayage Color
Tips for Taking Care of Balayage Hairstyles
Just like with any colored hair, taking proper care of your hairstyle is super important to ensure the color looks its best for a long time. Below are some hair stylist tips you should follow.
- hair color tends to dry hair out, especially if you’re using lighter tones on dark hair which normally requires the use of bleach. Use conditioner after every wash and a conditioning hair mask once a week
- a regular visit to the hair salon for a trim and touch up is a must
- use a dedicated shampoo for colored hair which will help to make the color shine and last longer
- if you’re planning to change your haircut, it’s a good idea to address your balayage with your hair stylist first, as it might ruin the new hairstyle if not executed properly
- an experience hair colorist will be able to advise what color would work the best with your skin tone, and advise what color to go for in case you have a change of heart
LOVE it? PIN it!
Featured image source