Vacation hair needs some tender loving care to help cope with the exposure to the sun, salt water, sweat, product build-up, and even chlorine. You may be wondering how you can keep your hair in tip-top shape and add some accessories or even a hat.
Here are some practical tips to help to keep your hair in shape and some different vacation hairstyles to try.
Practical Tips for Choosing Your Vacation Hairstyles
You can look at some of the photos and consider how you best like to wear your hair. You may even consider having a trim or a drastic haircut before your vacation.
You can try out some different hairstyles at home and buy some accessories and a nice hat to stylize.
Most Popular Types of Vacation Hairstyles
· High-styled ponytail – suitable for all hair types, wear it sleek and straight or curly. It’s a defined way to keep hair out of the way. You could be sure by adding in a clip in a ponytail for volume.
- Beach waves – Textured curls are beautiful for a beach wave effect hairstyle.
- Twisted ponytail – This is an easy but effective hairstyle. Put your hair into a ponytail with a large enough gap that you can feed your hair through it. Pull through and fix.
- Top knot – Wind your hair into a bob on the top of your head for a versatile look.
- Wet blunt bob – This hairstyle can give a younger and more youthful appearance as it removes the weight from the hair.
- Pinned up – A pin-up hairstyle gives a retro, vintage glam look by rolling up the hair in sections with big waves.
- Space buns – Princess Leia may come to mind for this iconic style. Ideal for wavy or curly hair due to its voluminous appearance but it’s also possible with thinner hair that will need more product added to it for a boost.
- Flat twists – A versatile and low-maintenance hairstyle that can be achieved by parting the hair into sections and twisting it.
- Low bun – A low bun is an ideal way to keep the hair off your neck and keep cool if you are holidaying in a hot location. You can leave a few strands of hair out and they can be straight or curled to give it a feminine twist.
- Messy chignon – Inspired by Meghan Markle, a low messy bun is a signature for her hairstyle and can be adapted to whatever hair type. She is known to smooth out her curls and she is apparently a big fan of keratin products to help with this.
40 Best Ideas for Vacation Hairstyles
- Aggressive hairstyle – an effortless yet beautiful look. Take your hair and collect it together to make a fishtail. It is a feminine look that is perfect for a casual day out. You can match it to a short dress or a jumpsuit and it is suitable for medium to long hair.
- Side parted – this is an easy yet messy hairstyle that is easy to achieve. Just shape your hair into a side parting and scrunch up into a scrunchie. This can be suited to knee-length dresses for a more conservative look. It can suit any face shape and hair type.
- Created curls from straight hair – you can create some soft curls using some curling tongs or plait your hair and let it sit for a while and then detangle. It is an easy hairstyle and you can wear any dress to achieve this look. This may be better suited to medium-length hair.
- Oyster shell hairstyle – Apply a twisted hair plait together and stack it into an oyster shell at the back of the plaits. You can match this to a short beach dress for a stylish look.
- Front braid hairstyle – braid some small pieces of hair at the front section of the hair. It has been on trend for a while and continues to be a popular beach style. It looks cute too! You can keep your hair in place so it won’t stop your fun. You can wear a cute dress to match. This will also suit any face shape and medium to long hair.
- Bun and braid – make a messy bun and leave some of the hair out. This is suitable for any hair type and you can always add a single braid to a section of hair for more effect. This takes minimal effort and it matches well with shorts and a casual top to rock the style.
- Centre braided – Brush your hair well and then braid the center part of your hair into a ponytail. Leave the rest of your hair loose which is more suited to silky hair but a good brush will keep any hair type in shape with a bit of product to stop it from flying away. Match with a pretty skirt and floral top for a feminine look.
- Half up, half down – you can create a ponytail or a messy bun and leave the rest of your hair down. You can always add some funky colorful hair clips to complete the look.
- Slicked back – pull your hair tight back into a neat bun and have smooth lines. Add some dramatic makeup to complete the look and match it with a bold and beautiful outfit to match.
- Butterfly hair – a big and bouncy bombshell look from the 90s is set back in fashion. Blow dry your hair and backcomb your luscious locks to add some volume.
Taking Care of Your Hair While on Vacation
Your hair care may not be your top priority while you are on vacation, so you will want some easy methods to follow to be able to take care of your hair.
- Use a conditioning treatment before travel. You can apply some leave-in conditioner to your hair and allow it to settle in before rinsing. There are plenty of leave-in conditioners on the market that do not need to be rinsed if you prefer that.
- Avoid shampoos that contain sulfates as they can be damaging to your hair. Use natural products that are vegan-friendly and safer for the hair.
- Use a detangling brush to help run through your tousled hair without damaging it.
- Rinse your hair before and after swimming so it is less likely to absorb chlorine or salt and give it a good wash with shampoo right after swimming.
- Wearing a swim cap also helps to protect the hair from chlorine and salt in the water.
- You can also use products that have SPF formulated to better protect your scalp.
Best Accessories for Vacation Hairstyles
Here are some of the best accessories available for your vacation hairstyles:
- Accessorise hair – you can use rhinestone combs for a touch of elegance
- Wear a colorful hairband – it can transform your outfit as you can match the same color or pattern of your hairband to your outfit. You could wear a simple design and color such as black or grey for everyday use. As it is for vacation, you want to go for some floral prints or even leopard prints. They are good to keep your baby hairs away and smooth.
- Cute hair clips – you can use some bright neon hair clips to make your look more vibrant. Bold colors are ideal for holiday parties and they are usually affordable and easy to find on your travels.
- Hat for the heat – You can style up your outfit with a large sun hat or use a baseball cap for a sportier and more understated look.
- Bubble ponytail – Add multiple hair bands for a bubble ponytail. It’s easy to add them.
- Claw clip pony – grab your locks into a simple claw clip pony and drape over for a layered yet simple effect. An easy way to pop your hair up and out of the way.
More Vacation Hairstyles
33+ Stylish Summer Hair Color Ideas to Rock This Year
30+ Stylish Bandana Hairstyles To Rock This Summer
35 Cutest Beach Hairstyles To Rock This Summer
33+ Stylish Hippie Hairstyles You Can Try Today
30+ Gorgeous Scarf on Head Ideas For A Bad Hair Day
50 Stylish Claw Clip Hairstyles to Freshen up Your Look