The big day is quickly approaching and all that’s left on your to-do list (along with 100 other small details) is picking the perfect flower girl hairstyles for your little ladies. We’re here to help you with that!
We have compiled a selection of over 30 prettiest flower girl hairstyles, which also include detailed video tutorials in case you would like to do this at home as a little DIY project.
Scroll down below where you will see a roundup of the best hairstyle examples, followed by a selection of hair tutorials to help you create some of these looks at home.
Top Tips for Flower Girl Hairstyles
When it comes to choosing from one of these flower girl hairstyles, there are a few simple rules you can follow, along with some tips that will save you frustration on the ceremony. Here they are:
- keep the venue in mind when selecting the hairstyles for the little girls – if your ceremony takes place on the beach, you want to have a simple hairstyle that doesn’t get messed up when a bit of wind picks up
- keep the hairstyles age appropriate – little girls tend to play with their hair and get into all sorts of antics, so having something that won’t pull their hair too much yet stays in place is the perfect balance to strive for
- if you don’t want to go overboard with something complicated, you can simply invest into pretty hair accessories that will last beyond the wedding day – things like a nice tiara, pretty ribbon, bow or clips will elevate even the most simple hairstyle
- stick to the wedding theme where possible – if you picked boho as your main theme for example, you can elevate the flower girls hairstyles by adding some simple on-trend accessories
- keep the hair out of their face – let’s be honest nobody likes having to brush off locks of hair that keep falling into the face, especially if you’re walking down the aisle! Use clips to keep the hair under control
- matching looks – one of the trends we’ve seen online is matching the flower girl’s hairstyles with the bride or even the bridesmaids. It makes the hairdresser’s job much easier, plus everyone thinks it’s super cute and look adorable in wedding photos.
Prettiest Flower Girl Hairstyles for Inspiration
Are you ready to select some of your favorite hairstyles for your little flower girls? Here is the roundup, followed by video tutorials shared below.
At the end of the article, you will find some more posts with gorgeous hairstyle ideas for girls that you can also use for a wedding day.
1. Chic & Soft Ponytail
This is probably the easiest hairstyle on this list but it does not deny the fact that it’s also one of the most elegant looks. Loose curls tied into a ponytail and accented with flowers – easy right?
2. Flower Girl Hairstyle with Flower Crown
Simple flower crown with artificial flowers will elevate even the most simple hairstyle!
3. Flower Crown Headband
Flower crown with baby’s breath is an absolute classic for flower girls.
4. Princess Aurora Twistback
Disney princess-inspired flower girl hairstyles are totally acceptable. This one was inspired by Princess Aurora from the real-life take on Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent. Aurora’s hair was twisted back into a very elegant ring around the crown of her head. And, this would e perfect for weddings!
5. Flower Crown over Braids
Simple braids elevated by a delicate flower crown from baby’s breath. Make sure it’s secured properly if you’re using this hairstyle.
6. Simple Braid and Curl
Even an amateur can do this. Still, it does not change the fact that this is still a go-to look when it comes to flower girl hairstyles. As long as you know how to braid and work a curling iron, you can pull this off.
This can also work as an everyday hairdo perfect for your little girl!
7. Crown Braid
Accenting a crown braid with tiny jewels or flowers is one of the most classic hairstyles in weddings. It’s super subtle, elegant, and feminine! Love it!
8. Flower Crown with Braided Bun
The best of both worlds – an elegant hairstyle with a little twist. This simple bun is beautifully enhanced by a fresh flower crown and a bow detail.
9. Soft Half-Moon Up Braid
Cute details of flowers make this simple hairstyles wedding aisle ready.
10. Braided Flower Girl Updo
There are no words for this hairstyle except classy. It’s simple yet intricate, casual yet very elegant. Perfect for a sweet wedding look!
Also, the floral accents make it so formal; remove them and you have a classy everyday look!
11. Loose Updo with Flower Crown
Make a loose updo by pinning together big curls then make it look wedding-worthy by adding a floral headband. As chic as hairstyles can get!
12. Simple Elevated Braided Updo
If you don’t like flower crowns, a small clip wit a single flower will look absolutely fabulous.
13. Matching Bride Hairstyle
Why not match the bride?
14. Golden Crown Look
No need to stick to a traditional white, especially for flower girls. Go bold with a gold crown as in this example.
15. Elegant Updo with Headband
Flowy hair that any adult would be proud of, complemented by a simple tiara.
16. Simple Half Updo for Older Girls
If you have longer hair to work with, simple hairstyles with some waves and braid will look spot on for the occasion. This half-up half-down updo is really easy to do at home too.
17. For Short Toddler Hair
Need something for short toddler hair? A simple pretty hair clip with flowers will work the magic!
18. Baby Flower Girl
The star of your wedding party – if you’re having a baby as part of your crew, they look absolutely adorable with a simple flower crown. Just make sure it’s not too tight around their head and doesn’t slide down to their face all the time.
19. Simple White Bow Hairstyle
If you don’t want to invest into a dedicated headpiece for the wedding, you can opt for a simple white bow as a matching theme for your flower girls.
20. Pretty Hairstyle for Long Hair
Long hair can be a bit of struggle, but if you’re not sure what look to go for, vote for curls and waves. They always look elegant and make long hair stand out. Loose waves can be elevated by a pretty clip with a bit of sparkle.
21. Curls and Flowers
Curls and baby’s breath flowers are a wedding party classic that never gets old. Why should it – look how adorable it turns out!
22. Ribbon Details
Add a bit of movement to an updo hairstyles with a pretty ribbon.
23. Baby’s Breath Hair Piece
No flower girl’s hair is complete without a bit of flower in it – baby’s breath being the choice number one.
24. Matching Flower Crowns
White flowers are not mandatory – just at these gorgeous matching flower crowns!
Flower Girl Hairstyles: Video Tutorials
Below is a selection of video tutorials for some of the most popular flower girl hairstyles. Enjoy!
1. Laced Braided Bun – Video Tutorial
2. Pull-Through Crown Braid – Video Tutorial
This is probably one of my favorites from this list! It’s clean, elegant, and very feminine. You won’t have to worry about your flower girls ruining their hair right away! Check out the tutorial video.
3. Starburst Bun – Video Tutorial
Now, that is a very intricate, elaborate, and ambitious hairstyle. I can only imagine the skill behind this! Then again, the result is worth it!
4. Strand Braid Bun – Video Tutorial
Reversed french braid tucked into a bun! I won’t even try to figure this out but, one thing’s for sure, I would love to see this on my flower girls if it were my wedding! Winner!
5. Climbing Flower Bun – Video Tutorial
Reversed version of the Triple Braid Bun but just as elegant! It’s dainty and one of my favorite flower girl hairstyles!
6. Heart Lace Braid – Video Tutorial
If this doesn’t scream wedding, I don’t know what would. The heart shape is already very wedding feel. This is perfect for those very elaborate weddings! :)
7. Tangled Inspired Braid – Video Tutorial
This totally reminds me of Rapunzel’s braided hair in Tangled. You need to have really long and thick hair to pull this off well. Regardless, this is number one on my wedding hairstyles list!
8. Triple Waterfall Style – Video Tutorial
This looks so elegant but I will probably get so frustrated just trying this. Better leave it in the hands of an expert!
9. Scissor Waterfall – Video Tutorial
10. Side Waterfall Braid – Video Tutorial
I love how simple this looks! There’s no need for complicated braids. A simple waterfall and luscious curls make up the look!
11. Loop Knot Braid – Video Tutorial
I swear Beth Belshaw is one amazing hairstylist. Her creations are always superb and utterly beautiful!
12. Pretty Bun Updo for Flower Girls – Video Tutorial
Perfect for girls who have thick hair. The whole high updo will work well because it will look fuller and has more volume.
13. Dutch Flower Braid Bun Hairstyle – Video Tutorial
A different version of the usual messy bun. No need for accessories or fresh flowers. This hairstyle forms into a beautiful yet messy-looking rose perfect for a garden and beach wedding.
That completes our roundup!
I hope you enjoyed this selection and found a hairstyle you absolutely adore.
If you would like to save this article for future reference, you can pin it to your Pinterest board using the images below (or any in this article).
Thank you for visiting momooze.com!