Is this the month you’re taking the plunge? Are you looking for great ideas for long hair with bangs? We got it covered!
Whether you are heading to your hair salon or planning to do a little trim by yourself at home, we’ve got lots of ideas and inspiration for your next hair makeover!
We collected over thirty of the most gorgeous and effortless style ideas for long haircuts with bangs, with lots of options in all hair colors, face shapes and different hairstyles. No matter what vibe, hair length or style of bangs you’re going for, you will find all the ideas you need in our curated collection below.
Long Hair with Bangs: Best Pick For Me?
Haircuts with bangs are in trend again this year, and just like all of us at some point, you might be tempted to try this look.
Cutting your bangs is a bit of a commitment and it might not work for all face shapes or lifestyles, so we have compiled a few useful tips for things you should consider before cutting your fringe or bangs.
Consider your lifestyle
If you get up late in the morning and are normally in quite a bit of rush to get out of the house, long bangs might not be a good pick for you if your hair requires styling every morning.
If you have frizzy or very thick hair especially, applying some hair spray and perhaps straightening them to the desired shape might be needed.
If you still want to get bangs with your hair, talk to your hairstylist about the style that will work best with your busy lifestyle
Consider your hair structure
If you have fine or medium-thickness hair, getting long bangs or even shorter fringe with your long hair won’t be an issue.
If your hair gets frizzy, is naturally wavy or very thick, you will need some expert advice on what cut to choose for your bangs, and the correct maintenance tips to keep them looking their best.
Consider your facial features
Long bangs will work the best with square face or oval face shapes, less so with very small faces as they will naturally make your facial features even smaller.
You can always play around with the layers and just ask for a few face-framing layers if you don’t want to commit to a full look with bangs.
Choose the right length
With bangs, it’s not just about the cut, but also about the length as it can completely transform the way your whole haircut looks.
Whether you go for long layers, straight bangs, blunt fringe, always consult with your hair stylist and when in doubt, cut them longer – it’s always easier to make them shorter later insteadd of waiting for your hair to grow back!
Long Hair With Bangs at Home: Video Tutorial
If you would like to try cutting your own bangs at home, here is a simple step by step tutorial that will guide you through the process!
30+ Best Ideas for Long Hair With Bangs
Here are our top picks for long hair with bangs – all in one long list, with no clicking on each image required!
1. Curtain Bangs with Wavy Hair
2. Long Fine Hair with Medium Bangs
3. Full Forehead Coverage Bangs
4. Long Bangs Covering the Eyebrows
5. For Perfect Cheekbones
6. Long Mixed Length Strands
7. Blended Curtain Bangs
8. Long Layered Hair with Razor Bangs
9. Feathered Bangs with Summer Highlights
10. Long Golden Brown Shag with a Fringe
11. Long Straight Cut with Blunt Bangs
12. Ashy Shag with Bangs
13. Straight Long Ponytail With Bangs
14. Messy Top Bun With Bangs
15. Straight Long Cut with Feathered Layers
16. Straight Chocolate Brown Haircut With Bangs
17. Long Brunette Shag with Waves
18. Long Locks With Bangs In French Style
19. Messy Blonde Shag for Long Hair
20. Wispy Bangs with Long Hair
21. Long Subtle Layers and Highlights
22. Side-Swept Bangs Perfect for Updos
23. Blonde Straight Layers
24. Long Golden Brown Shag With A Fringe
25. Contemporary Long Shag with Bangs
26. Voluminous Layered Hair with Straight Cut Bangs
27. Long Hair with Long Feathered Layers
28. Long Choppy Shag Haircut with Bangs
29. Layered Long Side Bangs
30. Long Tousled Fringe Bangs
31. Long Side-Parted Choppy Bangs
32. Volume-Adding Layers With Bangs
33. Curtain Bangs
34. Soft Fringie on Wavy Long Hair
35. Frenchie Look
36. Happy Shag Hair
37. Textured Long Hair with Bangs
38. Face Framing Hair with Bangs
39. Honey Balayage with Bangs
40. Choppy Bangs on Thick Hair
41. Thick Bangs on Balayage Hair
42. Fringe on a Long Thick Hair
43. Golden Honey Long Hair with Bangs
44. Wavy Long Hair with Fringe
45. Long Hair With Curled Ends
46. Curtain Bangs on Thin Long Hair
47. Choppy Fringe on Thick Dark Hair
48. Copper Long Hair With Bangs
49. Silky Dark Copper Hair with Full Bangs
50. Blonde Layered Hair with Bangs
51. Arched Bangs on Subtle Long Hair
52. Long Layesr with Bangs
53. Blunt Bangs on Long Hair
54. Black Wavy Hair with Wispy Bangs
55. Light Balayage Hair with Soft Bangs
56. Long Blonde Ombre With Side Bangs
57. Long Layered Hair With Bangs
58. Textured Bangs for Long Fine Hair
59. Face-Framing Layered Hair with Bangs
60. Strawberry Long Hair with Bangs
61. Short Side Bangs
62. Retro-Chic Long Hair with Bangs
63. Long Layers with Bangs
64. Side Swept Bangs
65. Curls with Bangs
66. Dark Hair With Blunt Bangs
67. Golden Blonde With Fringe
68. Light Brown Ombre with Bangs
69. Polished Side Bangs
70. Long Hime Cut With Bangs
Featured image source
Maintenance Tips for Long Hair With Bangs
- Round Brush to Add Volume – if you have long bangs its important to style them correctly so they blend naturally into long hairstyles, and add more volume. One of the easiest ways to achieve that is using a round brush to give your bangs a bit of bounce and direction and make them look like you just walked out of a hair salon.
- Low Maintenance Cut – if you don’t have too much time in the morning, choose bangs with a long style that are easy to pin up to your ponytail, or simply sweep to the side without the need to style them in the morning. Your stylist will be able to recommend a cut that will be very easy to maintain at home.
- Use Pins and Clips – at some point, you might get fed up with hair in your face so having a small bag with pins and clips in your purse will come in handy!
- Texturizing Spray – do you need instant volume and holding your bangs in place? A good quality texturizing spray will tick both of the boxes.
- Change Things Up – center-parted bangs can be easily changed up and moved to the side, to give you a fresh new look without the need for another hair salon trip – an easy transition without major commitment.
- Dry Shampoo Between Washes – if you don’t have time for a wash during the week, dry shampoo will do miracles especially for your bangs.