Cinco de Mayo quotes to inspire you for the unforgettable fiesta time on May 5th.
Yes, this historical battle happened on May 5th, 1862 when a small army of 2000 Mexicans fought bravely and won against more than 6000 French soldiers during the Battle of Puebla.
This is how Cinco de Mayo was born and today it is celebrated all over the world with vibrant party decorations, tasty traditional Mexican meals, drinks, and amazing pinatas.
Holy guacamole, it’s Cinco de Mayo! Let the fiesta begins with these Cinco de Mayo quotes we rounded up for you!
Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas
You can use paper plates and cups, paper decorations, and still enjoy the best party. The food served in this celebration usually is finger food:
- Nachos and chips
- Fresh Salsa with juicy tomatoes
- Corn & Avocado Salsa
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Cheesy Chicken Tostadas
- Corn tortilla red chilaquiles with chicken
- Grilled Nopales Huaraches
In other words simple but super delicious food that goes perfectly with the typical Cinco de Mayo drinks like:
- Oaxaca Old Fashioned
- Large-Format Mezcal Negroni
- Spicy Mint Avocado Margarita
Cinco de Mayo Quotes
1. Hope you have a Mexcellent Cinco de Mayo!
2. Cinco de Mayo is here! Let’s give ’em something to taco bout!
3. How much Mexican food do I plan to eat this Cinco de Mayo, you ask? That’s nacho business!
4. Happy Drinko de Mayo!
5. Cinco de Mayo: As if I needed an excuse to get wasted on tequila.
6. Happy Cinco de Drinko!
7. Happy Gringo de Drinko!
8. Don’t tequila my vibe.
9. I’m in a serious relation-chip with Cinco de Mayo!
10. Remember, Cinco de Mayo isn’t just about drinking margaritas. It’s also about tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
11. Let’s taco bout how we’re going to shell-ebrate Cinco de Mayo.
12. I’m a taco-a-holic.
13. It’s funny how Cinco de Mayo always seems to fall on May 5.
14. Cinco de Mayo is nacho ordinary holiday. It’s time to rock out with your guac out!
15. Don’t burrito your head in the sand.
16. Have a fantas-taco day!
17. Chip, chip horray!
18. When life gives you avocados, make guacamole!
19. Take life with a grain of salt and a slice of lime.
20. Fiesta like there’s no mañana.
21. You’re the chips to my salsa this Cinco de Mayo
22. It’s 5:00, which means it’s guactail hour!
23. Life’s a fiesta, especially on May 5th.
24. You’re a chip off the ol’ guac!
25. Don’t hit guac bottom!
26. Will you be my bae-ritto?