Are you looking for a new hairstyle for this season?
If yes, copper balayage on brown hair is the latest craze!
Copper is the perfect shade to blend with brown hair, whether you have an ultra-dark base or a lighter shade of brown.
Because copper allows you to dip your toes into red hues without being too bold, creating a luxurious blend that’s downright gorgeous.
Want to know if copper balayage on brown hair is your next go-to style?
Keep reading to learn more about this beautiful and trendy ‘do.
33+ Best Ideas for Copper Balayage on Brown Hair
Copper balayage on brown hair is stunning – and these 33+ images prove it.
The Art of Copper Balayage
Whether you stay on top of the latest trends or not, you’ve likely heard of “balayage.”
But what exactly is this high-style technique?
Balayage is known as a freehand technique. It differs from other coloring techniques that are more rigid and focused using foil, caps, and other items.
When a hairstylist applies balayage, they simply add color where they see fit.
What’s the perk of going with balayage? There are actually three main benefits:
- More Natural-Looking – The main benefit of going with copper balayage on brown hair is that it creates a more natural appearance than other highlighting techniques.
- Low-Maintenance – Because the colors are applied freehand, they’re typically not stark against the roots. This means you won’t have any insufferable outgrowth that has to be fixed *ASAP.*
- Sun-Kissed Aesthetic – Balayage color is painted in a way to catch the light and create a more majestic, sun-kissed appearance that many women adore.
Essentially, if you’re dreaming of stunning color that looks natural and sun-kissed without the high maintenance, copper balayage on brown hair may be the perfect pick!
Why Brown Hair and Copper Balayage are a Perfect Match
When you’re considering highlighting your brown hair, you have *plenty* of options.
And most of them will look fabulous. So why should you choose copper balayage on brown hair instead of a different shade?
Brown hair is the ideal canvas for copper balayage.
Both are warm colors that meddle together beautifully – not too bright or too dark.
Yet, the copper hues will add a touch of much-needed depth and dimension that’s undeniably striking.
The other perk of going with copper balayage on brown hair is that you can indulge in some lovely reddish hues without being too bold.
The addition of warm, reddish hues against a brown base is a match made of heaven and one you’ll want to wear year-round.
Maintenance and Care
It’s true that copper balayage on brown hair is a very low-maintenance style that looks anything but low-maintenance.
That doesn’t mean you should nix maintenance and care, though.
Proper maintenance and care will ensure the vibrancy of your locks. Here are a few top tips:
- Use Products Designed for Colored Hair – Always use hair products crafted for colored hair. This will keep the color beautiful and radiant, even a few weeks after the appointment.
- Wash Hair with Lukewarm Water – Hot water will strip color. That said, opt for lukewarm water instead.
- Don’t Overwash – Excessive washes will also strip the color and make it appear dull. Keep washes to a minimum; once or twice a week is enough. Use dry shampoo or other products in between wash days.
- Condition Hair Regularly – Any type of coloring, even copper balayage, will pose some risk to brown hair. Avoid dried-out strands and apply a top-notch conditioner regularly.
- Get Hair Done As Needed – The great thing about balayage is that you don’t have to worry about your roots growing out and looking wonky. But you should still have your balayage color kept up by a professional.
Seasonal Variations and Styling Options
Copper balayage on brown hair can easily be adapted to the seasons.
It’s a cinch, really – go with brighter and more intense copper shades during spring and summer.
Ask for heavy highlighting to create that effortlessly sun-kissed aesthetic.
During the fall and winter months, go with a darker shade of copper and opt for less color.
Leave more of your darker hair showing, especially at the roots.
Some of the absolute best ways to style your copper balayage on brown hair include:
- Waves – Waves allow the colors to meddle together beautifully, not to mention they will give your locks some bounce and volume.
- High Ponytails – This fashionable ‘do looks great with balayage, giving your highlights the attention they deserve.
- Braids – Braids are also a great way to mingle the colors together. This is also a good choice for those days in between washes when your hair is a little dirty.
- Curls – Finally, opt for some glamorous ringlets for fancy occasions. Again, this will showcase the different hues in your mane in an enchanting way.
Pros and Cons of Copper Balayage
To help you make an informed decision on whether copper balayage on brown hair is right for you, I’ve added some pros and cons to check out.
The pros of going with copper balayage on brown hair is that you can enjoy a natural and sun-kissed look that’s impeccably low-maintenance.
The colors blend beautifully, and the addition of copper allows you to indulge in reddish hues that add depth and dimension.
The other perk is that it’s a year-round style that can easily be adapted to the seasons.
There are a few drawbacks worth mentioning, though.
For one, balayage can be a bit time-consuming and expensive, especially compared to other coloring techniques.
There is also the chance of the color fading if you’re not careful, and going to an inexperienced stylist may leave you with brassy undertones or damaged strands.
Copper balayage on brown hair is a beautiful and trendy option if you’re looking to brighten up your brown base.
The style is low-maintenance, although it seems high-maintenance and high-end.
If you’re thinking about rockin’ copper balayage on brown hair, double-check with your stylist to see if the look will work for you and your hair type.