If you’re looking to lighten up your hair color, or you have blond hair and want to make a change, you’ll definitely want to try a honey blonde ombre!
There are several different variations of this color choice, so whatever your skin tone, face shape, and natural color, there’s definitely an option for you.
What Color is Honey Blonde Ombre?
We know ombre is when multiple shades are incorporated on one canvas (hair, nails, etc.) and effortlessly flow into each other.
The specific shade of honey blonde is exactly how it sounds; a soft, warm shade of blonde. It’s deeper than a platinum shade, but still lighter than other brunette shades. Depending on which shade you go with, it may have red undertones as well.
This makes it an ideal shade to compliment many different hair colors.
How to Do Honey Blonde Ombre: Video Tutorial
Any shade of ombre can be tricky to do on your own, so if you aren’t going to a salon we recommend reading through our tips, and doing your own research before starting.
To really make sure you get the perfect honey blonde ombre look, ask a friend to help out! Below is a video tutorial covering the steps of how to get the perfect honey blonde ombre look.
50+ Honey Blonde Ombre Ideas
Given the versatility of the shade, there are lots of ideas to choose from!
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite ideas for honey blonde, so keep reading to get inspired!
Top Tips for Choosing Honey Ombre Color
- If you have dark hair to begin with, leave the roots dark and start the ombre effect lower down. The honey blonde will compliment your natural hair color, creating a dramatic ombre effect.
- For a shade with lots of depth, try a caramel honey blonde ombre. Because of the slightly red/coppery undertones of caramel, this warm color combination will look stunning, especially when it catches the light!
- Maybe you prefer a cooler shade, in which case you can try a nude honey blonde ombre. This combination of warm honey and the nude blond is ideal if your natural hair color is closer to blonde.
- If you’re not used to having many colors in your hair, start with some honey blonde highlights. This is a good way to add some color without too much of a commitment. It also makes it easy to gradually add more color over time instead of a dramatic transformation.
- To really make a statement, try a black and honey blonde combination! Given the difference between the shades, you’ll want to really do some research before you start. And if you’re worried about the colors complimenting each other, start with doing smaller sections that are somewhat hidden by the rest of your hair. This will help you decide if the color is right for you, and also create a peek-a-boo highlight effect!
Tips for Choosing the Right Shade of Honey Blonde
Choosing the right shade of honey blonde is important.
You want to make sure it compliments your skin tone and natural features, while still being able to stand out. We’ve got a few tips to help make sure you pick the perfect shade.
- Compare some shades to your natural hair color. This will help narrow down which shades would easily be incorporated, and eliminate the ones that don’t suit you.
- Take your skin tone into account. For example, if you have fair skin, some lighter shades could potentially wash you out. It’s a good idea to hold any shades up to your skin in natural lighting.
- Ask your stylist! Even if you plan on doing it yourself, next time you go in for a haircut ask what they think would suit you. Especially if you’ve been seeing them for a while, they’ll know what would work best.
- And finally, do lots of your own research. We live in a world where people post everything online, so there are tons of resources for you to take advantage of to find the right shade of honey blonde.
How to Make Your Hair Color Last Longer
Once you’ve got your perfect honey blonde ombre, you’ll want to make sure it lasts! Follow our tips and your hair will stay looking fresh and vibrant.
- Invest in some color saving shampoo and conditioner. Most brands have a version of this, or you can head to your local salon and see what they recommend.
- Try to avoid having your hair exposed to the sun for too long. Even if your hair is predominantly blonde, long exposure to the sun can alter the color. So wear a hat!
- If possible, try not to wash your hair everyday. We know, sometimes it’s unavoidable depending on your schedule. But if you can help it, washing your hair every 2 or 3 days at least will help to preserve the color.
- When you do wash your hair, try washing it in cooler water rather than hot. It’s the same idea as washing clothes; cold water helps to prevent the colors from bleeding. Using cool water to wash your hair will have the same effect.
Honey blonde ombre is the perfect idea if you’re looking to make a change in your hair color. Because of all the variations and combinations, it can look sunkissed or sultry, warm or neutral, but always effortlessly chic!
More Hair Color & Hairstyle Ideas
50+ Trending Short Blonde Hairstyles for 2023
50+ Beautiful Merlot Hair Color Ideas for Any Hair Length
Wine Hair Color: 30+ Best Looks for The Color of the Season
40+ Gorgeous Cherry Hair Color Ideas for any Hair Length
30+ Gorgeous Birthday Hairstyles for Any Hair Length
20+ Pastel Blue Hair Color Ideas That Will Turn Heads