Dreaming of radiant and healthy skin?
Well, read carefully and learn how to make rose water at home. Follow these 3 simple steps and get a glowing, beautiful skin complexion.
Rosewater is one of the most popular beauty products, and it has been used for thousands of years.
If you have roses in your garden or received a bouquet of roses from the Bouqs co., you can use their petals. For the ultimate result, pick the roses in the early morning when the flowers are still fresh and their blossoms are the most fragrant.
Rosa Damascena is the perfect one and it is the most popular rose used in cosmetics. It is renowned for its fragrance, and culinary usage. Moreover, this rose has a strong effect against acne bacteria Propionibacterium acnes. It is used in many cosmetic and aromatherapy products because of its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti-aging properties.
This magical elixir found a place in the Shakespeare poem “Antony and Cleopatra“. Cleopatra has used rose water baths for radiant skin and it’s one of her beauty secrets.
So, do not waste any time taking care of your skin. Take an action for radiant, glowing, and healthy skin like the ancient queens.
How To Make Rose Water
If you are a fan of DIY projects you would love this one. Plus, you will be enjoying the magical beautiful scent of the roses. Get your glass flasks and wake up your inner alchеmist!
The Simmering Method
It is the easiest way to make rose water at home. You will need rose petals, distilled water, a large pot, and a spray bottle or a jar.
- Pick the rose petals and clean them with fresh water. You will need 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh rose petals.
- Add the petals to the pot and pour 1 1/2 filtered or distilled water. Heat the stove to medium and wait till the simmering. Then cover the pot, turn the stove to the lower and wait up to 15- 30 minutes until the color of the petal turned to pale pink. Strain the petals from the water using a muslin cloth.
- Place the rose water into a spray bottle or a jar. Keep it in the fridge for about a month, or in your bathroom cabinet for about a week.
The Distilling Method
Of course, this method will take you more time, but the result is worth it.
- Prepare the rose petals- 1/2 or 1 cup of rose petals is about 3 full flowers. Once you get the desired amount, clean the rose petals from bugs and dirt.
- Add the petals and distilled water to a large pot with a lid. Place a wire veggie steamer basket inside the pot and add a wide mouth heat- resistant bowl on the top of the basket. Close with the lid and turn the heat on. Once the water boiled and starts steaming, put the lid upside down. In this way, the steam will drip into the bowl.
- Add some ice cubes on the top of the lid to get condensation in the pot in order to get more concentrated and pure rosewater.
- After the rosewater gets cooler, pour it into a container using a coffee filter or muslin towel. You can store it in the fridge for up to 6 months or in the bathroom cabinets for up to a week.
The Crushing Method
This method is similar to the simmering method. But part of the rose petals is crushed with the help of mortar and pestle in order to extract the rose oil.
- Prepare the petals in the same way as in the previous methods. Separate them into two piles. Crushed one of the piles with the mortar and pestle. Leave the liquid with the crashed petals fr about 2-3 hours and then mix with the second rose petals pile.
- Place the mixture into a ceramic saucepan and turn the heat on low. Wait till you see small bubbles and then remove it from the stove.
- Let it cool and strain through a coffee filter or muslin cloth.
- Pour it into a spray bottle or glass jar and leave it on a sunny spot to draw out the natural oils.
How To Use The Rose Water
The rose water has so many benefits and usages. From beauty rituals and aromatherapy this elixir can make real magic.
You can use it as a toner, or to add a rose aroma into your bath. Mix it with other skin lotions and boosters and enjoy radiant skin. Spray your hair and perfume your clothes and linens.
Aside from the scent advantages of rosewater, it has a miracle effect on irritated skin. Add a few drops of rosewater into your tea, yogurt, or cake, and give your body and soul all the minerals and vitamins.