Proper laundry room design can be a challenging task, especially when space is tight. With these laundry room tile ideas, you can make this area of your home bigger and more spacious.
You can pick a one-color range to visually expand your laundry room.
Fresh, pale shades will make each space look bright and spacious, which brings a feeling of more space. To achieve more space, it is good to use tiles that are a shade darker than other tiles.
A great choice is cleaner laundry room tile ideas with a glossy finish. The light will reflect on the gloss of the tiles and make the room look wider. Glossy tiles add elegance and sophistication to any wet room. They are also easy to clean.
If you want to add some rustic looking to your laundry room then tiles with a stone imitation are a wonderful choice. Stone design tiles add sophistication, create a modern, delicate look and have a rich texture.
If you want an unobtrusive design in your laundry room, then tiles with a matte surface are ideal.
Marble has always been in vogue, the lines and waves that pass through the tiles create a chic and a sense of high class.
The combination of tiles with clean lines and a matte surface with a suitable color grout leads to a simple look, which brings back the feeling of space and airiness.
The matte surface fits perfectly in rooms where we want to achieve a simple and stylish design.
To break and modernize the wet room you can choose suitable decorative tiles or friezes.
Find your laundry room remodel inspiration on our dedicated Pinterest board.
How to Choose Laundry Room Tiles
Unchain your imagination and try to visualize the final result. Think carefully about what feeling you want your laundry room to create.
Decorative tiles and friezes can be both clean and quite extravagant. If you want to turn a wet room into an elegant and stylish place, then stick to the cleaner line of modern tiles.
Tiles are the basis not only of a bathroom, but of your laundry room, or mudroom.
Think about whether you want to bet on simple and standard tiles, in one or two shades, with impressive details – such as friezes, or other decorative additions.
Most of the wet rooms, including laundry rooms, are usually tiled from top to bottom. The positive thing is that you are not limited in the choice of one hue or pattern, because there is a great variety of different combinations, motifs, monochromatic, and tiles with ornaments.
- Standard tiles – they are usually 20×30 cm in size. They can be placed horizontally or vertically, which actually plays an important role in visually expanding the walls or higher ceilings. This type of tile is recommended for almost any type of laundry room, bathroom, kitchen, and mudroom.
- Large tiles – large tiles can vary in size, as a standard example is 25×40 cm. This type of tiles are great for decorations, and floor decorations, but do not find great application for gluing walls. Large tiles are not suitable for small areas, as they make them look even smaller. They fit perfectly with larger and more spacious laundry rooms and wet rooms. They can be laid alone or in combination with smaller tiles.
- Mosaics – mosaics are a more sophisticated version of the tiles, but they can look very good and can be used to adjust uneven walls. They are usually supplemented with medium or small tiles and are used to implement projects for larger areas.
Laundry Room Tile Ideas
Let’s calculate the square footage and pick some of the most inspirational laundry room tile ideas together. Remember that you need tiles for the walls, the floor, and in some cases the ceiling. And do not forget to visit our Pinterest for more ideas.
1. Accent Cabinets
Dark floor, classic white backsplash, and laundry cabinets in fresh mint color.
2. Laundry Room Tile Ideas with Mosaics
Just like shining coins, these mosaics tiles will give a sparkling touch to your laundry room.
3. Pattern Black and White Floor Tiles
All-white laundry room idea with Parisian pattern floor.
4. Magical Laundry Room Tile Ideas
Make your laundry room a magical place with impressive backsplash, and shinny mosaic floor.
5. Rustic Italian Spirit
Rustic vibes, and a wink from Italy.
6. Wooden Tiles
Wood imitating tiles bring a warm, homely feeling.
7. Marbel Elegance
It is timeless, elegant, and stylish.
8. Earth Tones
Neutral, and easy to maintain, earth tones are great when you want to avoid classic whites tiles.
9. Modern Farmhouse
Navy cabinets, warm wood imitating tiles, and white wainscoting.
10. White Classic
Laundry room tile ideas include classic white subway backsplash and black and white flooring.
11. Pattern and Wooden Laundry Tiles
Make your laundry room look wider with pattern backsplash tiles and elegant wood imitating floor tiles.
12. French Country Style
Modern French country style with white subway tiles.
13. Scandi Touch
Black and white, clean lines, and of course significant natural storage baskets.
14. Blue and Grey Combination
Impressive blue laundry room floor with grey cabinets.
15. Classic Black and White Laundry Tiles
16. Fish Bone Backsplash and Pattern Floor
A mix of patterns.
17. Mosaics Floor
18. Farmhouse Spirit
Aesthetic vintage spirit with modern appliances.
19. Bright Laundry Room Tile Ideas
Fresh, right, and elegant laundry room with mosaic backsplash, and navy floor tiles.
21. Dark Floor And Pink Walls
Chic pink walls with dark blue fishbone laundry room tiles.
22. White Subway and Pattern Floor
23. Rustic Vibes
Warm oak cabinets, gray wainscoting, and vintage pattern tiles.
24. Grey Subway and White Cabinets
Gray wall and floor tiles with accent white cabinets.
25. Abstract Patterns
Abstract pattern tiles make the laundry room a bit wider.
26. Deep Jade Accents
Fishbone floor tiles and gentle snowflake pattern wallpaper look great with deep jade cabinets.
27. Grey Patterns
28. Modern Farmhouse
Stone countertop, black and white cabinets, and small pattern floor tiles.
29. Ivory Laundry Room Tiles
30. Rhombus Laundry Tiles
Make your laundry room looks bigger with rhombus floor tiles.
31. Elegant and Stylish
Give an elegant touch to your laundry with golden cabinet holders, and faucets.
32. Geometry Tiles
33. Black and White Patterns
A little gem.