Are you looking for inspiration for long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair? Finding the right hairstyle for really thick hair is really a challenge!
If you want something that looks cool, effortless and at the same time doesn’t require you spedning an hour in the bathroom each morning, the quest for the prefect style can be overwhelming.
Luckily stylists have some secrets up their sleeves, and armed with their advice and a bit of inspiration, finding the most stylish long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair is easier than you would think.
No matter if your hair is super curly, wavy or very straight, there is a perfect hairstyle you can adopt quite easily to make your hair the crowning glory of your beauty.
Where to start?
Below are some of the best styling tips for long thick hair, followed by a selection of shaggy hairstyles that would work even with the thickest hair out there!
Get inspired and bring your favorite hairstyle to your salon appoitnemnt.
Styling Tips for Long Thick Hair
If you’re struggling to get your thick hair under control, we hear you! Here are some ideas that will help:
- Ask your stylist for layers next time you visit the salon – these are the perfect hairstyle option for long thick hair as they take off the weight of your hair and make your hair look more bouncy and healthy
- If you want to make your hair lightern and not as thick, using an iron to straighten it out or even to add some curls with it is a good idea. Always use heat protection so you don’t damage your hair.
- Having a regular trim on long hair is super important so you don’t develop split ends
- Center parting always looks better on thick hair than sweeping your hair to the side – kind of common sense, but many women are adamant to having the hair in a certain way which just adds more volume to one side of the head.
- Comb your hair properly before drying it out – it will help it to lie more flat and be easier to manage. If you’re letting it air dry, the same applies!
The Best Long Shaggy Hairstyles for Thick Hair
Below is our selection of the best long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair we could find.
If you need a few more options to look at, you can head over to our Pinterest board which has thounsands of hairstyle ideas to inpsire you further.
1. Layered Waves
2. Feathered Bangs
3. A Hint of Higlights
4. Warm Shades on Shaggy Hair
5. Wavy Long Shaggy Hair
6. Fringe in Focus
7. Shaggy Fringe
8. Rockstar Shaggy Hair
9. Side Swept
10. Shaggy Waves with Blonde Highlights
11. Gorgeous Stylish Wave Layers
12. Blonder Layered Shaggy Waves
13. Platinum Blonde Shaggy Long Hair
14. Red Highlights with Gorgeous Layers
15. Beach Blonde
16. Shaggy Hairstyle in Red
17. Add a bit of Color
18. Choppy Layers
19. Blunt Bangs with Layers
20. Curtain Bangs with Layers
21. Shaggy Layers with Highlights
22. Layered Shaggy Pink Hair
23. Layers with Ombre Coloring
24. Dramatic Highlights with Shaggy Cut
We hope you found plenty of inspiration for some stylish long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair! If you need more ideas and inspiration, check out the articles below.