One of the most used doors in the house is the garage door. That is why you want it to be sturdy so you can use it for many years. While there are many types and styles of garage doors, you want to ensure that you’re getting a durable door at a budget friendly price.
Different Garage Door Designs
Discount Garage Door explains the importance of having professionally installed high-quality garage doors in overall home security. There are many garage door designs available in the market you can choose from. Here are some budget-friendly options, which won’t disappoint you in terms of quality and durability:
Classic Raised-Panel Garage Door Design
It is a type of garage door design that is perfect if you want to achieve a clean, classic exterior look for your home. It usually has symmetrical, raised rectangular wood panels that are insulated.
Contemporary Garage Door Design
If you have a mid-century modern or pure modern home style, opt for a contemporary garage door, which can increase your property’s curb appeal. The elements seen in contemporary garage door designs include metal, glass, and wood which, can absolutely change the look of your home exterior. When these elements are combined in your garage doors, you’re able to create a fresh and efficient design that adds beauty to your home’s exterior.
Carriage Garage Door Design
Carriage house garage doors are also called ‘barn style garage doors’ because they have a unique, rustic look, perfectly complementing mission style or craftsman style homes. Make sure to choose a carriage garage door design depending on your aesthetic preference and your home’s current exterior design.
Non-Insulated Garage Door Design
Garage door professionals usually say ‘cheap garage doors’ to non-insulated steel garage doors, which are the cheapest type of garage door design. Steel is considered a well-known garage door material, and the prices of steel garage doors are between a few hundred dollars to a couple of thousands.
Here are some facts about non-insulated garage doors:
- Non-insulated garage doors have no back and only have a single layer of lower gauge steel.
- One drawback of this garage door design is that the steel tends to get dents and rust easily, which are unsightly. If you have children who are always playing ball, it’s best to invest in sturdier garage doors.
- If your garage is not attached to the house and you don’t mind about insulation, you can save some money by installing this type of garage door.
Roll-Up Garage Door Design
These garage doors are commonly seen in commercial applications. But, they can also be used in residential environments. If you have a limited ceiling space, you might want to consider installing roll-up doors with a no-frills design. This type of garage door is usually made with two- to or three-inch steel slat sections, rolling around a drum above the garage door opening.
Coiling or roll-up garage doors can withstand heavy usage. They are your best option if you’re looking for high-performance units. They can be without springs to prevent freezing, rusting, and corrosion. Because of the heavy-duty nature of roll-up garage door models, the upfront costs are generally higher as compared to other types.
Slide To The Side Garage Door Design
This type of garage door operates by bending it to one side and sitting parallel to the garage wall. It’s one of the first garage styles that were originally used for residential properties with limited headroom.
This type of garage door runs along lower trolleys, flexible to work with slight floor or ceiling slopes. It doesn’t require balancing springs. Also, most slide to the side garage doors come with built-in retractable motor involved in automated operation, so a ceiling-mounted operator isn’t necessary.
Side-Hinged Garage Door Design
This garage door design is an old-fashioned design that swing open and close from a hinged frame on the opening. Side-hinged garage doors look like large barn doors. They are usually made of wood, but steel models are also available.
You can buy side-hinged garage doors in pre-hung steel frames. Also, some side-hinged garage doors fit into existing openings. This type of garage door design is usually automated, having special conversion arms.
Tilt-Up Canopy Garage Door Design
A tilt-up canopy garage door doesn’t have sections because it is made of a single solid piece with a pivoting hinge mechanism, tilted up into the garage. This type of garage door is usually installed parallel to the ceiling, extending past the front when the door is open.
Retractable Garage Door Design
Similar to the canopy garage door design, retractable garage doors are lifted up and into the garage, suspended independently, and don’t protrude to the front part of the house. With this configuration, it requires more space as compared to canopy garage doors.
Here are the benefits of a retractable garage door design:
- Easily Automated: Because of the way that retractable garage doors are usually installed, this type of garage door design can be easily automated as compared to regular canopy garage doors. So, for example, if you intend to make your garage door automated, then the switch will not be a hassle. Retractable garage doors are flexible enough, which is a major benefit.
- A Safer Choice: For those households with little ones, retractable garage doors are far safer as compared to regular garage doors because the frame is out of children’s reach. It means that it would be less likely an accident can happen.
- Provides A Modern Look: While traditional garage doors are classic, it feels good having retractable garage doors, most especially when they are automated because they give your home a modern feel instead of an outdated look.
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing Budget-Friendly Garage Doors?
You won’t regret investing in good quality and budget friendly garage doors because you’ll greatly benefit from them. Aside from it being a cost-effective solution, you’re given a wide array of options to choose from.
Here are the benefits of choosing budget friendly garage doors:
- Save Money: A budget-friendly garage door can really be a good option as it will incur lower costs, which means that you won’t be draining your bank account. You can compare the garage door prices from your prospective garage door companies and find out the best deal.
- Improve Home’s Aesthetic Value: Budget-friendly garage doors usually come in a wide variety of materials, colors, and thicknesses. It means that you have a lot of design options, so you can choose one to help maintain and improve your home’s aesthetic value. You can mix and match materials, such as glass, metal, and wood, for a contemporary garage door design.
- Better Energy And Ventilation: Modern garage doors, which feature better insulation, will really save you during the coldest and the warmest months of the year. Newer door models can also come with the added bonus in the form of an automatic opener, which means less manual labor on your part.
- Gain Peace Of Mind: Choosing a budget-friendly and high-quality garage door will give you peace of mind knowing, that you have a safe garage door to use for many years to come. If your garage door is beyond repair, replacing it with a new one will also give you peace of mind, knowing you don’t have to worry about garage door issues or unexpected costly repairs a little too soon.
- More Options: Garage doors come in various mechanisms, such as manual and automated, using sensor motion. If you have enough budget to buy an automated garage door, the better, as it can give your home utmost safety and a modern feel. You might want to consider a garage door with an auto-stop feature when it senses objects underneath or nearby, such that the garage door automatically stops to prevent accidents.
Tips When Looking For Budget Friendly Garage Doors
Not all garage doors are the same, and so as the suppliers of garage doors and garage door parts. So, it pays off being extra careful when shopping for a budget friendly garage door because you don’t want to end up getting one that is cheaply made.
Check the following tips when looking for budget-friendly garage doors:
Make Sure Your New Garage Door Comes With Installation Guide
Remember that all new doors should come with an installation guide that can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website, or may come as physical manual.
Installation should be pretty easy if you have a background or have successfully done it before, but make sure to follow the exact instructions to avoid incurring any damages during the installation. Installing garage doors is not easy, so you might want to hire a professional to take care of the task.
Evaluate Your Options
There are many different types of garage doors available anywhere in the world right now, thus you should definitely take your time to evaluate each of your options before buying.
Some models are made out of wood, while others are made out of steel or fiber cement. A good garage door should be able to offer the best possible value for your money, while giving your garage a new and improved look.
In order to get the most out of your budget when buying a garage door, you should always make sure that you opt for a high-quality one. You must choose a garage door that not only looks great, but which would also last a long time and be able to withstand wear and tear.
Work With A Reputable Garage Door Company
There are many garage door companies operating all over the globe at the moment, thus you should make sure to opt for a company that’s reputable and reliable.
To achieve this, it should be in your best interest to do some research by reading reviews and getting recommendations from your friends and family. By doing so, you’ll surely end up with the best one for your needs and preferences.
Save More Money On Garage Door Maintenance
Garage doors experience significant wear and tear from the countless moving parts that they contain. They can also malfunction in many different ways.
Whether you have a mechanical garage door or one that’s powered by an electric motor, the following tips will help make sure your door will be at its best at all times, and that you can save money on repairs in the long run:
- First, establish a regular maintenance schedule that you must strictly adhere to. The best thing you can do is to set aside a certain amount of time each week, which will be spent on inspecting the door to make sure that it is operating smoothly. You may even want to perform a routine adjustment to the system. This will prevent the door from becoming too loose, which can cause parts to become loose as well and begin to move around in the track.
- A garage door should never be left open for extended periods of time because this can cause the motors to overheat, as well as damage the mechanism.
- As with any motorized equipment, garage doors can experience excessive wear and tear over time, so it’s best to have an expert check them on a regular basis.
- Lubricating components is one of the most inexpensive and effective methods of keeping your garage door working smoothly. Lubricants are available at most hardware stores; they’re used to ensure that garage door parts are gliding smoothly and that they remain rust-free. Before applying the lubricant, make sure the door is completely shut and the springs are not involved in any motion. Use a low-pressure spray of lubricant onto the bearings, tracks, and any moving parts.
Budget friendly garage door designs don’t only offer cost-effective garage door solutions, but also good quality doors you can use for many years to come. There are many garage door designs you can choose from, depending on your taste and budget.
By keeping all the tips mentioned above when choosing and taking care of your garage door, you’ll reap the benefits of budget friendly garage door designs in terms of aesthetics and functionality.