Chocolate hair color with caramel highlights is like a match made in hair heaven!
I mean, seriously, what pairs better with chocolate than caramel?
It’s like the ultimate combo of decadence and sweetness, both for your taste buds and your tresses.
Chocolate hair color with caramel highlights is the latest craze to sweep the hairstyling world – especially considering it’s the winter season, and everyone’s looking for those succulent shades.
This hair color blend is utterly delightful, but it’s also quite versatile – and who doesn’t love a hair color they can tailor to their needs?
Keep reading to discover why chocolate hair color with caramel highlights will be your next look!
33 Ideas For Chocolate Hair Color With Caramel Highlights
Chocolate hair color with caramel highlights is *stunning.* Here are 33 images to prove it!
1. Dark Chocolate Locks with Caramel Highlights
2. Caramel Balayage
3. Milk Chocolate Brunette
4. Caramel Chocolate Locks
5. Rich Chocolate Long Hair
6. Chocolate Brown Hair with Subtle Caramel Highlights
7. Medium Dark Chocolate Hair with Caramel Highlights
8. Chesnut Chocolate Brown Lob
9. Soft Caramel Highlights on Chocolate Brown Hair
10. Chocolate Balayage
11. Milk Chocolate Brunette
12. Chocolate Brown Straight Hair
13. Caramel Highlighted Swirls
14. Dark Chocolate Mouse Hair with Caramel Highlights
15. Soft Caramel Highlights on Chocolate Brown Hair
16. Chocolate Brown Hair with Tin Caramel Highlight
17. Light Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights
18. Deep Burgundy and Chocolate Brown Hair
19. Caramel Beige Balayage
20. Middle-Parted Chocolate Brown Hair with Caramel Highlights
21. Dimensional Caramel Highlighted Chocolate Brown Hair
22. Salted Caramel Moneypiece
23. Cinnabun Short Bob
24. Solid Caramel Highlighted Brown Hair
25. Romantic Brunette with Caramel Highlights
26. Caramel Machiatto Hair
27. Caramel Tonned Highlights
28. Caramel Latte Lob
29. Salted Caramel Balayage
30. Sweet Chocolate Brown Hair
31. Warm Caramel Balayage
32. Chocolate Brown and Caramel Highlighted Hair with Fringe
33. Modern Chocolate Balayage
The Origin and Evolution of the Trend
Chocolate hair color with caramel highlights was first seen in the 1990s, when fan favorites like Jennifer Aniston and Beyoncé were seen rocking the ‘do.
The look was a significant shift from the more vibrant and contrasting blends from the 80s, making this subtle – yet glorious – combo take center stage.
Since its beginning, chocolate hair color with caramel highlights has transformed quite a bit.
For example, the 2000s showed us how to sport this hair color combination with notable face-framing highlights that added instant brightness and youthfulness to one’s look.
Others experimented with other base shades, ranging from lighter chocolates to bolder browns.
Nowadays, there are *so* many great ways to wear chocolate hair color with caramel highlights.
Keep it simple and timeless with traditional highlights, or opt for a new and fun technique like ombre or balayage.
Regardless of *how* you wear chocolate hair with caramel highlights, you’re sure to look *and* feel like a million dollars, honey.
Choosing the Right Shade for Your Skin Tone
If you’re thinking about going with chocolate hair color with caramel highlights, it’s *imperative* to choose a shade that’s suitable for your skin tone.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
- Fair Skin – Fair skin should start with a lighter chocolate brown shade that isn’t *too* bold or drastic. Add some glow by opting for golden caramel highlights.
- Medium Skin – Those with medium skin tones can go a shade darker. Opt for a richer chocolate brown base and highlight with golden caramel hues.
- Olive Skin – Olive skin babes can take it a step deeper with a dark chocolate brown that is sultry and seductive. To create some pizazz, go with a caramel shade with obvious golden undertones.
- Dark Skin – Finally, dark-skinned gals should opt for the darkest shade of chocolate brown hair. The caramel shade should also be richer and darker, like a toffee.
If you’re unsure what shade of chocolate brown and caramel will work best for your skin tone, it’s best to get a consultation with your hairstylist.
They can inform you of the best combination that will look *dazzling.*
Maintenance and Care Tips
If you adorn your chocolate hair with caramel highlights, you want it to look as beautiful and vibrant as the first day you got it.
Here are my five top tips for maintaining and caring for your glorious locks:
Use products designed for colored hair.
My first tip is to *always* use products designed for color-treated hair, including shampoos, conditioners, and any other products you regularly use on your mane.
These are 100% safe for your tresses and won’t dim the color.
Stick to cold water.
Trust me – I love a hot shower as much as the next girl, but hot temperatures will fade your chocolate hair with caramel highlights. Instead, go with lukewarm.
Don’t overwash your tresses.
I’m not a once or twice-a-week wash girly; I’m an everyday girly.
Unfortunately, if you add color to your strands, it’s *essential* to limit washes to a few times per week.
Otherwise, you will end up fading your sultry shade. Oh, no!
Be careful with hot tools.
As much as we *love* curls, waves, crimps, and the like, it’s important to limit how often you’re using hot tools.
(Thank goodness there are *so* many heatless tools out there nowadays!)
If you absolutely have to use your hot tool, make sure you apply a good heat protectant beforehand.
Maintain your strands.
Although chocolate hair with caramel highlights isn’t as damaging as, say, going platinum blonde, the hair is still undergoing some change that *could* affect it.
Combat this by maintaining your hair – i.e., using leave-in conditioners and getting regular trims.
Fashion and Styling Tips to Complement the Hair Color
Chocolate hair with caramel highlights is *definitely* trendy, and you can easily enjoy it anywhere.
However, if you want to make sure you’re looking like you’re ready for your next Instagram fashion shoot, here are some tips and tricks to consider:
Choose complementing colors.
Some colors just look better with chocolate hair with caramel highlights.
Some favorites include neutrals (such as beige) and earth tones (like olive green and rust).
For something more exciting, opt for gemstone shades like emerald or ruby.
Wear it for day or night.
Chocolate hair with caramel highlights can easily go from day to night.
During your casual mornings, pair with your favorite jeans and a T-shirt.
Make a statement at any party with a jewel-toned ball gown or little black dress.
Add depth with textures.
Another great way to bring your chocolate hair with caramel highlights to life is to add some textured elements to your look.
For instance, a knit sweater can make your aesthetic *extra* cozy!
Don’t hesitate to go with patterns.
Because chocolate hair with caramel highlights is a tamer hair color, you can easily rock some patterned styles without worry.
Go ahead and grab those leopard, stripe, or checkered patterns – you’ll look fantastic, girly!
Conclusion and Future Trends
While bold and retro hair colors might be popular in the upcoming months, right now, we’re focusing on the subtle and glorious chocolate hair with caramel highlights.
Remember to keep your personal preferences in mind when choosing which chocolate base and caramel hues you’d like!