Dreams taste like cotton candy and lately, we’ve been feeling very dreamy!
Nothing can match our mood this summer like a set of sweet cotton candy nails and designs.
The dreamy and cute nail style is perfect for the warm summer as the design is reminiscent of long vacations, days at the fair, or baseball games watched from the stands.
As a nail style, it’s perfect for beginners as it doesn’t involve any hectic layouts or techniques.
Want to give your nails the cutest refresh? We’ve got your back!
Browse the article below for our take on the best cotton candy nails, design styles, and how you can get cotton candy nails at home!
Trending Nail Polish Shades Cotton Candy Nails
Since cotton candy nails involve combining two or more shades, we’ve done the hard part and created a handy list of our favorite combinations below.
- Lavender blue and cotton candy pink
- Pastel magenta and pale lavender
- Mint and cotton candy
- Mystic violet and tickled pink
These are some of our favorites. However, don’t be afraid to experiment! Make sure the shades you choose complement each other and you’re good to go.
Video Tutorial: Cotton Candy Nails
Keen on trying the design yourself? Cotton candy nails are the best design for a DIY project at home.
With simple colors and techniques, it’s easy to achieve a stunning cotton candy design without too many complications. Check out the video from Jenna La Torella below and follow the simple steps to cotton candy heaven!
50+ Ideas for Cotton Candy Nails
Looking for something specific? You’ll find it here.
We’ve rounded up the most stunning design ideas for cotton candy nails.
Browse through the gallery below and find a style to try at home or take to your next nail appointment!
Why We Love Cotton Candy Nails
The cotton candy color palette includes dreamy hues of pink and blue. The palette can be saturated and deep shades of both colors or more subdued shades like pastel pink and blue. Depending on the nail color you choose, cotton candy nails can lean toward either side; vibrant and bold or subtle and subdued.
One of the biggest reasons for us to love cotton candy nails is how simply the designs can be created. Without any complicated techniques used, cotton candy nails are simple to achieve yet stunning to look at.
Most Popular Nail Design Styles for Cotton Candy Nails
Searching for inspiration online will throw up millions of cotton candy nail designs. Instead, find inspiration in our list of favorites below.
- Short marble cotton candy nails
- Geometric lines cotton candy nails
- Cloudy cotton candy nails
- Glitter accent cotton candy nails
- Unicorn cotton candy long nails
Mix and match or use elements from one design on another palette! The sky is your limit. Pick the right colors and you won’t go wrong with cotton candy nails.
How to Do Cotton Candy Nails at Home
Feeling creative? Cotton candy nails can be an exciting project to try at home. Express your personal style and get crafty! Here’s how you can do it:
- Base coat
- Two or more nail polish colors of your choice (ideally pastel shades, choose from pink, blue, lavender, and white to get beautiful cotton candy nails)
- A makeup sponge
- Top coat
- Optional: glitter or rhinestones as accessories
- Start by applying a base coat to your nails to protect your nails from staining. This will also help your polish last longer.
- Apply one coat of your base color (usually a light pastel shade) to your nails and let it dry completely.
- Pour a small amount of your second color onto a flat surface. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the nail polish and gently dab it onto your nails. You can create a gradient effect by starting at the tip of your nail and working your way up to the middle of the nail. You can also switch between colors to create a marbled effect.
- Repeat this until you achieve your desired look. If necessary, you can add more layers of color to intensify the effect.
- Let your nails dry completely, then apply a top coat to seal in your design and make it last longer.
- Add glitter or rhinestones for an extra pop of sparkle.
- Remember to be patient and take your time, especially when creating the gradient effect.
And finally, make sure to have fun!
More Fun and Colorful Nail Designs
50+ Dreamy Peach Nail Designs Everyone Is Wearing In 2023
Chrome Powder Nails: 50+ Hottest Colors To Try This Month
45+ Dreamy Lavender French Tip Nails Perfect for any Occasion
66+ Lime Green Nail Design Ideas That Will Turn Heads
Stripe Nail Design: 90+ Gorgeous Looks to Rock This Month
Red Summer Nails: 60+ Elegant Nail Styles to Try This Year
Pink and Yellow Nails: 60+ Stunning Nail Styles to Try in 2023