Farmhouse black kitchen cabinets are a stunning addition to any kitchen that is looking to achieve a rustic and elegant feel.
These cabinets have a unique and bold style that can instantly transform the look and feel of your kitchen.
Browse through the article below for everything you need to know about this latest trend; from design tips, ideas, and lots of inspiration! Let the decorating begin!
Why are Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets so Popular?
Farmhouse black kitchen cabinets have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their unique combination of modern and traditional styles.
Some of the reasons for their popularity include their bold and dramatic look, rustic charm, and most importantly, versatility; while farmhouse black kitchen cabinets have a distinct style, they are still versatile enough to fit into a variety of kitchen designs.
They can be paired with a wide range of countertops, backsplashes, and accessories to create a unique look that is tailored to your personal style.
Overall, farmhouse black kitchen cabinets have become popular because they offer a perfect balance of modern and traditional style, and they are versatile enough to fit into a variety of kitchen designs.
53 Ideas For Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
A simple search on the internet will serve up thousands of design ideas for farmhouse black cabinets. We’ve saved you the endless scrolling and rounded up some of the most stunning styles created using farmhouse black cabinets.
Browse the gallery below to find the perfect style that fits your kitchen’s dimensions, space, and overall aesthetic.
Most Popular Shades for Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
When it comes to the most popular shades for farmhouse black kitchen cabinets, there are a few options that stand out.
- Matte Black: Matte black cabinets have a soft, non-reflective finish that gives them a sophisticated and modern look. This shade is popular for its understated elegance and versatility, as it can be paired with a variety of countertops and backsplashes.
- Charcoal: Charcoal black cabinets have a slightly lighter and warmer hue than pure black, making them an excellent choice for creating a cozy and welcoming atmosphere in the kitchen. They work particularly well with natural wood elements such as butcher block countertops and open shelving.
- Jet Black: Jet black cabinets have a deep, rich color that creates a dramatic and bold statement in the kitchen. This shade is particularly popular in modern and contemporary kitchen designs and is often paired with white or light-colored countertops and backsplashes to create a striking contrast.
- Distressed Black: Distressed black cabinets have a vintage and rustic feel that is perfect for farmhouse-style kitchens. This shade features a slightly worn or weathered look that gives the cabinets a unique and timeless appeal.
Backsplash for Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
A backsplash tile should complement and enhance the aesthetic set by your cabinets.
If you’re going with farmhouse black cabinets, here are a few backsplash recommendations that create visual harmony within the space
- Subway Tile: Subway tile is a classic and timeless option that works particularly well with farmhouse-style kitchens. A white or light-colored subway tile can create a striking contrast against black cabinets.
- Brick: Exposed brick is another popular option for backsplashes in farmhouse-style kitchens. This material can add a rustic and textured feel to the space, while complementing the distressed finish on black cabinets.
- Marble: Marble is a luxurious and elegant option for a backsplash in a farmhouse-style kitchen. A white or light-colored marble can create a stunning contrast against black cabinets, while also adding a touch of sophistication and glamor to the space.
Countertop for Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
Selecting the right countertop to pair with your farmhouse black cabinets is an important part of creating a cohesive and stylish kitchen design.
Here are a few countertop recommendations that work particularly well with farmhouse black cabinets:
- Butcher Block: Butcher block countertops are a popular choice for farmhouse-style kitchens. The warm and natural wood tones of the butcher block can help to balance out the boldness of black cabinets.
- White Marble:This material is particularly popular in modern and contemporary kitchen designs, where it can help to create a sophisticated and glamorous look.
- Soapstone: Soapstone is a natural stone material that offers a warm and organic feel to the kitchen. It has a matte finish that can complement the matte black finish of black cabinets, and the warm gray tones can create a cohesive and understated look.
- Concrete: The cool gray tones of the concrete can complement the black cabinets, and the texture of the material can add depth and visual interest to the space.
Flooring for Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
The flooring you choose for your farmhouse black cabinets should be durable, easy to clean, and complement the overall design of your kitchen.
Here are some options that pair well with farmhouse black cabinets:
- Hardwood: A natural wood finish with a matte or satin sheen can add warmth and texture to the space, while also creating a cohesive and understated look.
- Natural Stone: Natural stone flooring, such as slate or travertine, can add a natural and earthy feel to the kitchen. These materials complement the distressed finish on black cabinets and can create a cohesive and organic look.
- Ceramic Tile: Ceramic tile is a practical and versatile option for kitchen flooring. It comes in a variety of styles and patterns, including designs that mimic natural stone or wood finishes.
Accessories & Handles for Farmhouse Black Kitchen Cabinets
Accessories and handles are an important part of completing the look of your farmhouse black kitchen cabinets.
Here are some recommendations for accessories and handles that work particularly well with this style:
- Rustic Handles: Rustic handles made from materials such as iron or antique brass can complement the distressed finish of farmhouse black cabinets. Look for handles with intricate details or unique shapes to add visual interest to the space.
- Glass-Front Cabinets: Glass-front cabinets can create a sense of airiness and openness in the kitchen. Adding glass inserts to a few cabinets can create a focal point and showcase items such as vintage glassware or pottery.
- Ceramic or Porcelain Knobs: Ceramic or porcelain knobs in shades such as white, cream, or navy can add a pop of color and texture to the space. These materials complement the rustic charm of farmhouse black cabinets and can create a cohesive and inviting look.