It’s a bird, it’s a plane! No, it’s fantastic peacock hair color highlights, hon!
But wait, is this a *real* thing?
You bet it is – and it’s the latest craze sweeping the hair color world.
Peacock hair color highlights focus on recreating the beauty of the peacock.
That said, the style features a slew of jewel-toned shades, including the famous trio of blue, green, and purple.
However, choosing the right blend of color is essential to the outcome of your aesthetic.
Honestly, if you’ve ever dreamt of creating hair that could stand up against even the most colorful, brightest, and extravagant peacocks, you’re going to want to keep reading.
This article covers *everything* you ever wanted to know about peacock hair color highlights, from inspiration pics to color palette breakdowns and more.
33 Ideas about Peacock Hair Color Highlights
Want to see some visual inspo? Check out the top 33 peacock hair color highlights below!
1. Peacock Hair Color Highlights on Inverted Bob
2. Peacock Hair Color on Locks
3. Lava Hair with Peacock Highlights
4. Purple to Blue Layered Hair
5. Elegant Peacock Hair Color
6. Beige and Pink Peacock Highlights
7. Braided Black Silky Hair with Peacock Highlights
8. Peek-a-Boo Hair
9. Green and Blue Ombre
10. Silver Peacock Highlights
11. Purple and Emerald Green Hair
12. Peacock Hair Color Highlights on Long Hair
13. Pink and Blue Ombre
14. Deep Purple and Blue Locks
15. Violet and Pink Ombre
16. Wine Red and Emerald Green Highlights
17. Royal Blue and Burgundy Highlights
18. Hot Pink and Blue Highlights
19. Blue and Pink Locks
20. Emerald Green Layered Bob
21. Mint Green and Blue Highlights
22. Ocean Blue and Black Ombre
23. Peacock Hair Color
24. Rainbow Braided Hair
25. Chocolate Brown Bob with Peacock Highlights
26. Silver Pink Hair
27. Purple Green Balayage
28. Pink and Blue Ombre
29. Caramel and Icy Blue Hair
30. Blue and Green Locks
31. Peacock Highlights on Blond Hair
32. Mulled Wine and Blue Hair
33. Ice Blonde and Peacock Peek-a-Boo
Color Palette Breakdown
The goal of peacock hair color highlights is to, well, look like an *actual,* real-life peacock.
That said, you’ll be intermingling jewel-toned highlights throughout your locks to create a visually striking and beautiful appearance.
Some of the top color choices for peacock hair color highlights include:
- Blue – Blue is a definite must-have for any peacock hair color highlights. The shades can range from deep and mysterious shades to more vibrant and spunky hues.
- Green – Next up on the list? Green, of course! Greens tend to be darker, although many women play around with teal and aqua hues, too. Needless to say, you can’t go wrong with any tint of green in your peacock hair color highlights.
- Purple – Finally, we have purple. Purple adds that essential pop of color, whether you opt for a deeper shade or go with something brighter.
While blues, greens, and purples are the prominent “base” colors for peacock hair color highlights, that doesn’t mean you have to stick to these three shades.
You can also include various other colors in your look to create more of a *pop* and make it entirely unique to you!
Some of the top complementary colors to add to peacock hair color highlights include:
- Silver – Want to add a spark to your peacock hair color highlights? There’s literally no better way to do it than with some silver streaks. Bring on the brightness, babe!
- Turquoise – A little unicorn mixed with your peacock strands is never a bad thing. Go with the turquoise shades!
- Pink – Although less popular, many women enjoy adding a bit of pink to their “hair palette.” If you’re a pink girl, go ahead and layer in some beautiful shades.
- Black – Want something darker and with more depth? Don’t hesitate to opt for black accents throughout your mane.
Now that you’ve picked your colors, it’s time to decide on how you’re going to mix and match those beautiful hues.
Plenty of gals opt for a mix of highlights from root to tip, all around their head – which is fab! If you want something a bit tamer, you can try out an ombre or balayage mix.
Ideal Hair Types and Textures
To be honest, peacock hair color highlights look amazing with virtually *any* type of hair texture.
However, these highlights tend to play exceptionally well with curly and wavy strands.
That’s because the colors can stand out with added texture, creating something truly eye-catching.
As far as length is concerned, it’s best to add peacock hair color highlights to medium and longer lengths.
It can be challenging to apply all the different colors to shorter manes – although it’s *not* impossible.
Consult your stylist if you want to know if she can add peacock hair color highlights to your shorter tresses!
The great thing about peacock hair color highlights is that it’s genuinely a year-round hair color.
Yet, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to complement the season.
For example, you might go with brighter shades of blue, green, and purple during the warmer season and choose darker hues for winter.
To ensure your hair color withstands the changing seasons, there are a few maintenance tips to consider.
- Always use color-safe hair products, lest you end up with lackluster colors – yuck!
- Keep your showers lukewarm – not hot. Hot water is a disaster for color-treated tresses.
- Go to your stylist regularly to keep the color up.
- Ensure your hair remains in good condition by opting for a five-star leave-in conditioner.
Maintenance and Care
Keep your vibrant peacock hair color highlights looking sharp by following these simple care tips:
- Use shampoos and conditioners specifically designed for color-treated hair.
- Again – avoid hot water like the plague!
- Try not to wash your locks too often.
- A good conditioner will work wonders for your hair – in terms of color and health.
- Consider using color-enhancing hair products.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to peacock hair color highlights.
There are a few potential mistakes that *can* come your way.
Luckily, there are some easy ways to avoid these pitfalls.
Color bleeding is one of the top issues with peacock hair color highlights.
To avoid this, ensure your hair is adequately separated where different colors will be applied.
Another big problem is fading.
Faded peacock hair color highlights are a definite no-no and won’t be visually appealing.
Avoid this by using color-safe shampoos and conditioners and avoiding hot water.
Are you struggling with patchiness? Yikes!
Who wants to deal with that!? Definitely not me – or *you.*
Unfortunately, patches are best fixed by a professional. They may be able to redistribute the colors *or* create an ombre technique.
If you want to look stunning and full of color like a peacock, there’s no better way to do it than with peacock hair color highlights.
This lovely look showcases a mixture of blues, greens, and purples, although other shades can be incorporated, too.
If you’re up to making your hair more colorful than ever, don’t hesitate to give this stylish and glamorous look a try!