We’ve all been through nights of disturbed sleep, which often impacts our mental and physical well-being. This is because a good night’s sleep is directly related to a better sense of well-being and good health.
The satisfaction and contentment of deep sleep are known to all of us. Contrastingly, we are also familiar with the perils of sleep deprivation.
Studies show that sleeping on broken beds or mattresses for a long period of time mostly leads to pain and stiffness followed by reduced sleep quality. While on the other side, new bedding is said to have immediate positive benefits like improved sleep quality, comfort, and reduced back pain.
That’s why beds and mattresses play such an integral role in ensuring that we stay healthy. If you think it’s time to change your bedding, read below.
From aesthetics to comfort, here’s what you need to look out for when choosing a good quality bed and mattress for your room. You can also check Bed Advisor for all the information you need to buy a good quality mattress.
Choosing The Correct Bed
Choosing the perfect bed is very important for a good night’s sleep. Find your ideal bed by following these suggestions
- Size of the bed: The first and most important thing to keep in mind is the size of the bed you are looking for. If you buy a large bed and your room is too small, there will be no space left for movement.
As a tip, take measurements of your room before you visit a store. This will give you an idea of the approximate size which would be ideal for your room.
- Storage space: Ottoman beds come with storage space. If you have a small room or need extra wardrobe space, you could opt for these.
- Who is it for: Before purchasing a bed, it’s important to know who will be using it. If it’s for children, you should look for a size that works well for them. If you are looking for a bed that could be used by guests, then foldable sofa-beds would work best.
- Back support: For those with a back problem, an adjustable bed is the best choice. Spring and slat beds provide good back support.
- Aesthetics: Choose a bed that complements the interiors of your room. You can choose from a range of materials, like wood, brass or bamboo.
- Height of the bed: Make sure you choose a bed with the correct height. Some beds are too low, which makes cleaning beneath the surface difficult.
Finding the perfect mattress:
Here are a few things to consider while buying a new mattress for your bed.
- Material: While buying a mattress, consider it’s firmness and material. A mattress that is too soft or too old may not support the back too well. Latex, hybrid, memory foam, innerspring, and air mattresses are some of the options to choose from.
While hybrid mattresses provide a mix of support and firmness, memory foam mattresses are designed to provide pressure relief.
- Consult your doctor: Buy a mattress that aligns well with your spine and provides natural support for your neck and head. Ask your doctor which mattress would be ideal for your spine.
- Consider your sleeping position: Though everyone sleeps in their own way, most of us don’t consider looking for a mattress that would suit our sleeping position. For example, a side sleeper will need a mattress of medium level firmness while the best mattress for someone who sleeps on their back would provide enough softness to create pressure points but also has great support. Thus, assess your sleeping position before buying a mattress.
- Consider your weight: The sinkage, cooling, and support of the mattress are highly affected by your weight. Depending on your weight, choose a mattress that feels good and provides support to your body.
- Consider many options: While choosing a mattress, make sure you try out many before you buy to make sure you’ve chosen the perfect one.
We often underestimate the health benefits that a good mattress and bed can bring.
Sleeping on a good bed can positively improve our mental and physical well-being. Better memory, reduced stress levels, better sleep quality, relief from sleep disorders are some of the benefits of sleeping on a good bed.
A proper night’s sleep also aids weight loss and helps maintain a lean body.
Thus, investing wisely in a suitable bed and mattress may just turn out to be the best decision of your life.