One of the prettiest trends today is the black cherry plum hair color, a dark, vampy, and sultry shade that features a combination of black, burgundy, magenta, and violet.
This stunning shade will remind you of gothic glam.
The colors incorporated in black cherry plum are entirely customizable, and you can modify which colors you want to be more prominent.
Styles That Shine: Black Cherry Plum Hair Inspirations
The classic black cherry plum hair color features a gorgeous mix of red, purple, brown, and black tones, but you can make it more purple, redder, or darker according to your preference.
Black cherry plum works with cool and warm tones, so it looks great on all skin tones.
You can also opt for other variations of this shade like:
- Black cherry plum with magenta highlights
- Black cherry plum with copper babylights
- Black hair with cherry highlights and plum peek-a-boo
Check out our gallery of style inspirations for black cherry plum hair color!
1. Black Cherry Plum Balayage
2. Glossy Black Cherry Plum Hair
3. Black Cherry Plum Long Bob
4. Long Black Cherry Plum Hair
5. Half Parted Black Cherry Plum Hair
6. Cranberry Long Hair
7. Chocolate Cherry Hair
8. Deep Wine Cherry Plum Hair
9. Cherry Cola Hair
10. Dark Chocolate Cherry Hair
11. Soft Caramel Cherry Balayage
12. Plum Highlights Hair
13. Black Cherry with Plum Highlights
14. Black Cherry Cola Balayage
15. Bright Cherry Plum Hair
16. Black Hair with Cherry Plum Highlights
17. Eggplant Balayge
18. Dark Chocolate Ombre
19. Sleek Cherry Plum Hair
20. Black to Bright Cherry Balayage
21. Black Cherry Waves
22. Copper Highlight on Dark Cherry Plum Hair
22. Deep Violet Cherry Hair
23. Plum Higlihts on Dark Chocolate Hair
24. Purple Highlights
25. Caramel Cherry Balayage
26. Rubby Red Locks
27. Vibrant Black Cherry Plum Hair
28. Rubby Red Sleek Hair
29. Dark Cherry Plum Balayage
30. Bright Rubby Hair
31. Black Cherry and Brown Locks
32. Drak Brown to Black Cherry Plum Balayage
33. Chocolate Brown Cherry Ombre
34. Black Cherry Plum Ombre
35. Wild Black Cherry Plum Locks
36. Forest Berries Hair
37. Black to Dark Red Cherry Hair
38. Dark Chocolate Locks
39. Dark Red Cherry and Plum Hair
40. Dark Chocolate to Bright Magenta Ombre
41. Black Chery Coca Cola
42. Black Plum Balayage
43. Cherry Plum Locks on Chocolate Brown Hair
Techniques for Black Cherry Plum Hair Color
Black cherry plum hair is attractive because of its immaculate blend of colors.
To achieve that seamless and cohesive look, all the colors must complement one another without overwhelming any of the hues.
Aside from color blending, different hair techniques like ombre, balayage, babylights, foil highlights, and lowlights can make this hair color more attractive and appear more mysterious.
Showing your hairstylist a photo inspiration of the black cherry plum hair you want is highly recommended so they can apply the proper techniques to your hair.
The Elegance of Contrast: Complementing Black Cherry Plum Hair With Fashion
With this gorgeous hair color, you don’t always need to wear black to achieve that gothic and dark vibe.
Any deep red, purply, plum, violet, or burgundy clothing can easily complement your hair color.
However, you can also wear minimalist hues of white and cream with darker accessories to accentuate your hair.
Avoid highly bright and neon colors like hot pink and neon green.
Caring for Deep Richness: The Black Cherry Plum Hair Care Guide
- Maintain that deep richness with shampoo and conditioner intended for colored hair.
- Opt for hair products with color-protecting features that will clean and moisturize your hair without stripping away the vividness of its color.
- Shampoo less often.
- Wash your hair every other day or a maximum of three times a week. In between, you can use dry shampoo to maintain the volume of your hair.
- It also pays to boost your hair’s moisture by applying hair masks once a week to nourish your mane.
- Hair masks with argan-enriched formulations soften and strengthen your black cherry plum hair.
Professional Vs. DIY: Navigating the Black Cherry Plum Hair Color Journey
Although it’s best to have a professional hairstylist or colorist treat your hair, you can also do it at home.
But remember that working with a hair professional means having someone with the right experience, knowledge, and tools to handle your hair.
If you want to DIY your hair, you use a semi-permanent dye.
Plenty of shades and brands offer black cherry plum hair color, each with a different take on the color.
Whether you dye your hair permanently or not, always do a strand test to know if the color is what you’re looking for.
Long-Lasting Radiance: Maintaining Black Cherry Plum Hair
Coloring your black cherry plum hair is just the beginning because the real challenge is maintenance.
Here are practical tips for maintaining your black cherry plum hair:
- Use products specifically designed for colored hair.
- Skip the hot showers to keep your color from fading and to reduce dryness.
- Minimize the use of curling irons, hair straighteners, and blow dryers.
- Talk to your hairstylist about the recommended frequency of touch-ups.
- Eat healthily and increase your water consumption.
If you want to give your hair that added oomph, consider dyeing your hair a black cherry plum shade. It’s fun, dark, mysterious, and flirty.
With such gorgeous locks, it can boost your confidence too!