Want to leave everyone green with envy this festive season? Get inspired by these gorgeous green Christmas nails and you’re guaranteed that your nails will be the crowning glory of your festive outfit.
Green is a staple color of the festive season and it cannot miss when it comes to your nails!
Choosing the right shade along with trendy nail art is certainly harder than it sounds – there are just so many options and so many ways you can accessorize your nails for Christmas!
Below are some of our tips for pulling off the green color as a festive look, along with a selection of over 30 different ideas for the best green Christmas nails we found online.
If you’re interested to see more work from the featured nail artist, you can click on the source link under the image to go to their Instagram page or their website.
As a bonus, we have also included two tutorials on making green Christmas nails right at your home.
Tips for Choosing Green Christmas Nails
- There are many shades of green and not all of them will work for a festive design – generally, stay away from light grass tones which are more associated with spring
- If you want to do your own nails at home, you can keep it simple and opt for an ombre look. All you need is a few shades of green color, and paint each nail in a different shade. Mix in a few gold tones if you want to update your look following the Christmas season.
- If you would like to include some nail art, a lot of the Christmas elements like snowflakes can be purchased online as stickers that you just apply to your nails, instead of painting them from scratch
- To make your nails a bit more fresh and interesting, try mixing your nail design with some neutral tones or festive gold touches
- Lastly, remember that any nail color looks the best on healthy well-manicured nails!
Video Tutorial: Green Ombre Nails
These gorgeous ombre nails look like so much fun and also easy to do!
Video Tutorial: Red and Green Festive Nails
Fancy something a little more challenging? Check out this tutorial!
Green Christmas Nails: Best Nail Design Ideas
Here are some of the most gorgeous examples of green Christmas nails we found online. Save your favorites in your Pinterest board or download them to your phone to take with you to your next nail salon appointment.
Follow us on Pinterest for more nail design inspiration here.
1. Festive Foliage
If you fancy something intricate without covering the whole nail, this elegant design is the correct choice.
2. Christmas Forest
These darker tones look awesome on long natural nails.
3. Green Christmas Motives
Mismatched green matte nails with some Christmas motives – how cute are they?
4. Mixed Green Christmas Nails
Add some funky elements to your nails and choose a different look for each nail.
5. Christmas Snowflakes with Sparkle
Beautiful emerald green highlighted with white snowflakes – doesn’t it look elegant?
6. Snow on Green Nails
Add a bit of sparkle with diamonds and a dust of snow.
7. Green and Gold Tips
If you want a minimalist look without committing to a full green color, these painted tips look super festive without feeling overwhelming.
8. Neutral Green Christmas Nails
Another low key look, this time with one statement painted nail.
9. Candy Canes
Candy canes with stars on green background – how cool are these?
10. Green Nails with Gold leaf
A touch of gold leaf on emerald green looks not just festive, but super elegant and will last way beyond the festive season.
11. Simple Green Tips
Another version of a minimalist look with green tips, this time with a silver highlight.
12. Green Nails with Pink Tones
An unusual combination of green with pink, but oh doesn’t it look good?
13. Green Stripes
This design will optically elongate your nails and make your hand look super elegant.
14. Minimalist Green Christmas Nails
An easy design you can do at home with no skills required.
15. Green Christmas Foliage
Something a little more intricate for those who like to go all in when it comes to festive nails.
16. Christmas Patterns
Playful Christmas patterns elevated by the use of red and green.
17. Emerald Green
Simple and sophisticated, this color palette will take you all the way to New Year parties.
18. Mismatched Green Nails
Beautiful emerald green color complimented by white and gold tones.
19. Green Nails with Pinecones
Fancy a bit of golden glitter?
20. Green with Red
A traditional look with a few glittery tones in red and green.
21. Elegant Emerald with Sparkle
Simple and super sophisticated look.
22. Dark Green with Pearls
Elevate the green color by adding some custom pearl features.
23. Sparkly Tips
Nude, green and sparkles – can’t go wrong with that!
24. Christmas Stars
This is a very simple and fun look you can easily recreate at home.
25. Sparkly Emerald Green
Sparkles all around for the festive season.
26. Green with Snowflakes
Beautiful elegant look with simple snowflakes, complimented by emerald green nails.