This Christmas, don’t get lost in the sea of reds and greens. Throw caution to the wind and stand out with funky and festive orange nails.
That’s right. This color that’s usually reserved for Halloween can be just as merry and eye-catching during the yuletide season. To find out how to paint your Christmas nails orange, keep reading.
Inspirations for Orange Christmas Nails
Add flair and personality to your orange Christmas nails by incorporating traditional Christmas designs in your nail art. You’ll be surprised by how vibrant your snowflakes look against an orange background!
Other Christmas-related motifs include gingerbread men, holiday ornaments, Christmas stockings, and candy cane. Take a look at our gallery for more ideas!
1. Orange and Silver Festive Nails
2. Orange and Gold Christmas Nails
3. Orange Christmas Nails
4. Orange Christmas French Nails
5. Almond Orange Christmas Nails
6. Teal and Orange Christmas Nails
7. Orange Holiday Nails
8. Orange French Square Tips
9. Two-Toned Orange Nails with Stars
10. Orange Nails with White and Black
11. Orange Sparkling Swirls
12. Orange and Gold Lines
13. Poinsettia and Orange Christmas Nails
14. Orange and Gold Xmas Candy Canes
15. Orange and Gray Festive Nails
16. Gold Foil on Orange Christmas Nails
17. Christmas Candy Swirls in White and Orange
18. Square Orange Christmas and Silver Nails
19. Christmas Glitter
20. Christmas Orange Glam
21. Orange French Tips with Sparkling Animal Print
22. Fresh and Sweet Orange Nails
23. Gold Swirls
24. Orange Gold Triangle Frenchies
25. Tangerine Nails
26. V Cut Orange Glitter Frenchies
27. Chrome Orange Christmas Nails
28. Orange Frosty Nails
29. Glowing Orange French Tips
30. Stiletto Festive Nails
31. Milky Almond Nails with Orange Glitter
32. Orange Ombre Sparkling Nails
33. Orange V French Tips
34. Orange Nails With Golden Ribbon
35. Orange Xmas Ombre
36. Gold Foil and Orange Stiletto Nails
37. Orange Marble Coffins
38. Marble Acrylics with Gemstones
39. Neon Ombre Nails with Rhinestones
40. Swirls and Pearls
41. Triangle Xmas Leopard Nails
42. Wild Christmas Nails
43. Flower Gemstone Xmas Nails
44. Short Square Orange Nails
45. Joyful Xmas Nails
Crafting Holiday Magic with Orange Christmas Nails
When designing your nails, gradient blending, ombre, swirls, and marbling are all great but don’t forget stickers, decals, acrylic, beads, and rhinestones.
These nail art accessories are usually pre-cut for standard nail sizes and can be trimmed to fit your nails.
Applying stickers and decals is one of the easiest ways to design your nails without manually painting each line and dot.
Acrylic, on the other hand, is like clay for nails that can be molded into various shapes before it’s placed on top.
If you’re looking for some sparkle, consider beads and rhinestones for some holiday magic.
Coordinating Orange Nails With Holiday Attire
Orange is a warm and energetic color, but too much of it can make you look like a walking pumpkin.
Clothing colors that are neutral—like cream, nude and beige, primary colors, and camel—will work best with your orange nails. Because of their muted shades, they let your nails do the talking.
You can also give your OOTDs a festive glow by investing in gold accessories like a chain belt, layered gold necklaces, or chunky gold bracelets.
The Orange Christmas Nail Care Guide
With this nail care guide, you can nurture the glow of your orange nails.
#1. Soak your feet but not your hands.
Soaking can help soften the calluses and hard skin on your feet, but this can be too much for your hands.
#2. Clip, shape, and buff your nails.
Do these three things before a manicure to give your polish extra staying power.
#3. Don’t apply nail polish on your cuticles.
Avoid getting nail lacquer on your cuticles. Polish that settles and dries on your skin dries more quickly. When it starts to peel, it can cause the polish that’s on the nail to crack.
Navigating the Festive Nail Journey
Nail art designs are impressive because of their meticulous details. Creating them requires a careful and steady hand with precise strokes. Hence, it takes a lot of practice and patience to achieve a flawless design.
So, keep practicing and you’ll eventually get better. You can even buy fake nails to practice on and slowly build your collection of tools and quality nail polishes.
To inspire your DIY nail journey, here’s an ombre orange nails video tutorial that you can use this Christmas.
Caring for Orange Christmas Nails
Treat your nails to some extra TLC this holiday with these tips:
- Reapply your top coat twice a week and use a strengthening product for your nails.
- Only use high-quality nail products, including a good base and top nail coats.
- Roll the nail polish bottle between your hands before applying it to remove the bubbles.
- Apply thin coats and let them dry completely before applying another layer of nail polish.
- Use water and hand soap to clean your hands instead of hand sanitizers. These disinfectants can dry out your skin.
Red and green nails are so predictable. Add some excitement to the holidays by painting your nails orange.
Even if it isn’t a traditional Christmas color, it’s still festive and pleasing to the eyes. Don’t forget to add some of the yuletide designs we suggested!