A delicious hair color and one of our favorites for the year is Hazelnut.
Taking the flavor beyond the plate, we’re seeing gorgeous locks of hair adorned by varied shades of hazelnut.
Hazelnut is a medium brown shade with slight blonde accents that makes hair look luscious. It’s the perfect shade to transform ordinary blonde or brown hair into ravishing locks with depth.
Our favorite part about hazelnut hair color is its versatility; no matter your hair length, you cannot go wrong with hazelnut hair color!
Looking for tips on finding the right shade, best haircuts, and styling tips?
You’re in the right place. Browse the article below to get answers to all your questions.
40+ Ideas for Hazelnut Hair Color
Skip looking at thousands of search results the web throws at you for hazelnut hair color. Browse through our favorites below for ideas and inspo on hazelnut hair.
How to Choose the Shade of Hazelnut Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
Hazelnut hair color is usually a balanced dye achieved by mixing blonde and brown tones. This means you have complete control over the final hue of the hair color, giving you more control over your look.
Hazelnut hair color can be used to enhance your natural beauty and emphasize your eyes and other facial features. Here are some tips to help you choose the right shade of hazelnut for your skin tone:
- Start by determining your skin tone. An easy way to do this is to look at your veins on the underside of your wrist. If they appear blue or purple, you have cool undertones. If they appear green, you have warm undertones. If you can’t really tell, you may have a neutral undertone.
- Let your skin tone decide the hair color. For cool skin tones, opt for a cool-toned hazelnut color with hints of ash or beige. For warm skin tones, choose a warm-toned hazelnut with golden or caramel undertones. For neutral skin tones, you have more flexibility and can go for a shade that has both warm and cool tones.
- Consider the contrast of your facial features. Light skin and light eyes are complimented well by a darker shade of hazelnut to bring out more contrast and depth. On the other hand, for darker skin or eyes, a lighter hazelnut shade may be more flattering.
- And finally, speak to a professional. A hair stylist can help you choose the right hazelnut shade based on your skin tone, natural hair color, and personal preferences.
Trending Shades for Hazelnut Hair Color
To make your life easier, we’ve created a handy list of trending hazelnut hair color shades. A quick look below and you’ll be inspired to book the next salon appointment!
- Hazelnut mocha hair
- Caramel hazelnut
- Light/dark hazelnut hair
- Auburn accented hazelnut hair
- Cinnamon hazelnut hair
There’s lots of room to experiment and create your own perfect shade with hazelnut hair color. Consult with your hair stylist and get a custom shade for gorgeous brown hair!
Best Haircut and Hair Lengths for Hazelnut Hair Color
Versatility is a key trait of hazelnut hair color. Any length is instantly enhanced with this shade. However, we can’t help but have favorites.
Our top haircuts and hair lengths for hazelnut hair color are:
- Choppy bob with global hazelnut hair color and subtle gold accents
- Light hazelnut beachy waves with ash highlights
- Dark hazelnut long bob with bangs
- Spiky pixie hazelnut hair with caramel highlights
Take your pick depending on your current hair length, hair type,and the final look you want to achieve!
How to Style Hazelnut Hair Color – Accessories & Product Tips
Complement and enhance your luscious hazelnut locks with the right accessories and products. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Accessorize with gold or bronze jewelry: Hazelnut hair color has warm undertones that pair well with gold or bronze accessories. Go crazy with statement earrings, necklaces, or bracelets, and enhance the richness of the color.
- Don’t forget the hair oils and serums! Keep hazelnut hair color looking shiny and healthy by using a hair oil or serum to nourish and protect your locks. Apply a small amount to the ends of your hair to tame frizz and add a glossy finish.
- Choose the right kind of makeup. Go for warm-toned makeup that adds to your overall look with hazelnut hair.
- Wear your hair in different ways! Hazelnut hair looks great when worn curly or straight. Rock a sleek and straight look or add some sass with ringlets.
How to Make Your Hazelnut Hair Color Last Longer
Like any other hair color, hazelnut hair needs to be maintained for it to last longer. You can extend your hair color’s life by choosing hair products specifically for colored hair.
This maintains the vibrancy of the hair color. Additionally, opt for sulfate-free shampoos, conditioners, and styling products that contain UV protection to prevent fading.
More Brown Hair Color Ideas
37+ Gorgeous Shade Ideas for Cinnamon Brown Hair Color
50+ Sandy Brown Hair Color Ideas You Will Love
Blonde Bangs on Brown Hair: 35+ Cute Styles to Try This Year
Copper Mahogany Hair Color: 50+ Gorgeous Shade Ideas
Caramel Brown Highlights on Black Hair: 30+ Beautiful Styles to Try