Asparagus- the food of the royalties and goddesses.
Snappy and sweet, irresistibly soft, and delicious these green vegetables have fascinated people from ancient times.
Ancient Greeks, for instance, have bestowed this vegetable to their goddess of love- Aphrodite.
The Roman Emperor Ceasar Augustus has organized his army to search for this incredibly delicious vegetable. He even sent his fastest runners to the Alps where he stored the asparagus during the winter.
Today we don’t have to run to the Alps to enjoy the taste of this incredibly delicious vegetable because could be found year round.
You can enjoy a fresh, juicy asparagus during spring time. Here is why they are almost in every Easter meal. Of course you can find frozen asparagus year round in all super markets.
No matter if you choose to steam, bake, or grill the taste of the asparagus is heavenly good. Their natural taste gets more flavored and irresistible.
Asparagus are rich of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, vitamin C, B vitamins, Vit A, vitamin K, and Vit E. They give you a good amount of your DV on protein, good fat and fibers, asparagus are a wonderful add to your healthy diet.
Did you get hungry? Here are some ideas on how to cook asparagus and get it right every time.
How To Cook Asparagus
An easy and fast way to cook asparagus.
- You need up to 4 minutes in the steamer and your healthy side dish is ready. Make sure to keep their color bright green.
- Place them in a bowl of ice to stop the cooking process once you take them out of the steamer.
If you like a thicker and more flavored taste of the asparagus, try to broil them.
- You need up to 10 minutes to get deliciously tender taste.
- All you need is a flat pan, oil to coat the vegetables and some seasoning.
Oh, how I love the summer time when you cook almost everyhting on the BBQ. Vegetables, sausages, sweet corn…
Grilled beacon wraped asparagues are as tasty as the best steak.
- Get the BBQ ready to use, wrap 3-4 asparagus with slices of beacon.
- Placed them on the BBQ and cook them 5- 8 minutes.
Your next favorite side dish meal, or just an appetizer. You gonna love this way on how to cook asparugs. Easy, no fats and yummy. Ready in 5 to 8 minutes.
- Just spray the vegetables with cooking spray/ oil, add your favorite spices and place them in the air fryier basket.
- After 5- 8 minutes your side dish to your seafood or steak diner is ready. Bon appetit!
5Garlic- Roasted Asparagus
Garlic- roasted asparagus are your dinner meal best friend.
- Clean and peal the asparagus
- Mix some olive oil, minced garlic and seasoning in a bowl
- Place the aspargus on a cooking paper in a try and spread the seasoning mix over
- Bake on a pre-heated oven for about 10-13 minutes
- Cut the asparagus onto 2 inch pieces
- Sauteed into a pan with some oil or butter
- Cook up to 3- 5 minutes while get tender and lightly browned
- Add your favorite seasoning