It happens to every mother to wonder what to cook and to feel exhausted by ideas for the children’s menu, especially when it comes to picky eaters.
As a toddler mom, I know very well that cooking is one of the main superpowers of every cool mom. Cooking for kids is always more special. You need to prepare everything more diligently and with more thought, because on the one hand – you should not let them eat anything, and on the other hand, the kids are much more capricious when it comes to food.
Besides the healthy and simple lunch ideas for picky eaters, in today’s article, you will find some useful tricks on how to deal with picky eaters and make your meal planner shorter.
- Stop force them– no matter how picky eater is your kid is, no one loves to be forced to eat something he doesn’t like. You need to be more patienced, and flexible in your methods. Try to offer them food served in a funny way, with decoration, and elements your kid love.
- Plan and shop together– do your weekly meal plan together. Children are happy to participate in this process. You’ve heard that it’s not good to shop when you’re hungry, but for picky kids, it actually works well. After school or after kindergarten, children are more likely to eat foods they would not otherwise want, precisely because they are hungry. It is a nice idea to have a shopping list attached to your fridge where everyone from the family can add the food they want to shop.
- Eat with friends– having lunch or dinner with other people is great, especially if they have kids too. You know how kids influenced on each other. This is a fantastic way to try something new, and start liking a food they have refused to eat before.
- Kids “eat” with theyr eyes– kids perceive the world firstly through their eyes, before the other senses. It’s the same with food. The child judges the food by its appearance first, then by its smell, and finally by its taste. This is how important aesthetics and decorations are when ot comes for food for picky eaters.
- Be careful with spices– yes, spices are the inner heart of the food, but when it comes to kids you must be careful what kind of spices you are using and how much you add on your meal. If possible redcue or do not add any on the portion for your kids. For certain spices most of the kids need time till they start liking them.
- Meal planing– If you want to teach your child on a culture of nutrition, create the culture yourself! This is a basic duty of the mother. Determine the number of meals according to your child’s daily schedule and do not go beyond these limits. If breakfast is at 8, let the lunch be at 12 o’clock. Eating at 4 o’clock is optimal and highly recommended by nutritionists, nutritionists and psychologists. Rhythmic eating gives the child a sense of security and order.
27+ Healthy and Simple Lunch Ideas for Picky Eaters
1. Veggie Quesadilla
One of the best ways to make your picky eater have more veggies for lunch is in this easy recipe.
2. Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna
Low-carb, gluten-free, and super delicious zucchini lasagna for lunch is a great option for everyone, even for picky eaters.
3. Veggie Pizza
Who doesn’t like pizza?
4. Italian Casserole with Cannellini Beans
This meal is full of Italian flavors and it can be offered as a side dish or main course.
5. Loaded Nachos with Refried Beans
If you are looking for a healthy, delicious, and fast lunch, you need to add this recipe to your next week’s meal planning.
6. Black Bean Quesadillas
Quesadillas are ideal for a family lunch. Simply because everyone loves them. They are crispy, tasty, and cheesy.
7. Southwestern Pinto Bean Burgers
Once you tried this veggie burger you will never ask for a beef.
8. Pasta Rolls with Pomodoro Sauce
So yummy, and tasty, covered with Pomodoro sauce.
9. Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The best and super quick lunch sandwich you can have.
10. BBQ Jackfruit Burrito Bowl
A tender jackfruit, hearty beans, rice, fresh vegetables, and comforting spices, this recipe is a perfectly healthy option for meatless lunch or dinner.
11. Easy Pita Pizzas 8 Different Ways
Your lunch can be ready in less than 15 minutes with this recipe. Plus you can make it according to your family member’s tastes.
12. Healthy Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
A very light meal for the whole family.
13. Sweet Potato Tacos
Gluten-free, healthy, but delicious these tacos are a great choice for a lunch for your picky eaters at home.
14. Baked Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets
Kids are crazy about chicken nuggets, and they would love these with potatoes as much as the traditional ones.
15. Spinach Muffins
You will agree that all kids are “terrified” by spinach. But these spinach muffins will be their next favorite food for lunch or late snack.
16. Cheesy Veggie Quinoa Cakes
Crispy outside, with tender veggie heart, these cheesy quinoa cakes are the perfect lunch idea for picky eaters.
17. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadstciks
With these cheesy cauliflower breadsticks, your kids won’t realize there is cauliflower inside for sure. Moreover, they will ask for another portion.
18. Ham & Cheese Crescents
The better option of ham and cheese sandwich!
19. Easy Homemade Lasagna
The best of the lasagna is that you can be prepared a bit more and add it to the fridge
20. Pizza Skillet Pasta
Pizza and pasta in one meal- the ideal meal for your kids.
21. Parmesan Sesame Chicken Strips
Chicken strips can be even crispier with parmesan and sesame seeds.
22. Mashed Potato Nuggets
Potato nuggets are easy to cook, delicious, and kids love them.
23. Pancake Sausage and Egg Sliders
Pancakes are for breakfast, but with this recipe, you can serve them for lunch too.
24. Easy Broccoli Cheese Cups
Broccoli or other veggies can be offered under this crispy cover of cheesy cups.
25. Chicken Avocado Salad Roll Ups
Super light, and healthy roll-up with creamy avacodo.
26. Turkey & Ham Skewers
A simple and successful way to serve lunch to your kids.
27. Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps
Sweet and sour pineapple teriyaki chicken wrapped in soft pita bread.
28. Chicken And Avocado Burrito Wrap
Creamy avocado, crispy chicken strips, all wrapped in tasty burritos.
29. Healthy Chicken Caesar Wrap
If you don’t have an idea what to add to your kid’s lunch box, try this recipe below.
30. Air Fryer Homemade Taquitos
Kid-friendly homemade taquitos are great for school lunch boxes.
31. Orange Chicken Meatballs
These chicken meatballs are sweetened up with an orange sauce that makes them irresistible for picky eaters too.
32. Chicken Zucchini Poppers
If you want to make sure your kid will eat the veggies for lunch, simply hide them in these chicken zucchini poppers.
More Kid’s Healthy Recipes
Kids Birthday Party Food Ideas That Are Healthy And Fun
35 + Healthy Kids Breakfast Ideas on The Go
25 Healthy Party Food Ideas for Kids
12 Easy Healthy Birthday Cakes That Will Wow Your Kids
30+ Healthy Chicken Recipes To Make For Dinner
25 + Healthy Snacks For Later At Night Without Guilt
Healthy And Fast Family Meals You Can Make For Under $20