Time to update your kitchen? If you’re looking for modern small kitchen ideas, you came to the right place!
Our team collected some of the best examples of tiny modern kitchens that not only look amazing but also have a few tricks on how to save space even in the smallest kitchen.
As we know, space is a prized commodity, especially if you live in a small apartment in a city. Having your kitchen designed in a way that’s functional, but also aesthetically pleasing while maximizing the space, is absolutely crucial.
While looking for modern small kitchen ideas, you have to keep in mind that each kitchen has a different orientation, and what might look fairly big in the picture, might be actually really small in real life. The opposite is also true.
Below, we have listed a selection of over 30 modern small kitchen ideas from Pinterest, and also some of our tips on how to make the most out of even the smallest cooking spaces.
Modern Small Kitchen Ideas: Tips for Making the Most out of Your Space
The secrets to making a small space look bigger are no real secrets, these design tips have been used over and over, and that’s because they work.
To make the most out of the space in the kitchen, keep in mind these useful tips:
- white is your best friend – white color makes everything look optically cleaner and bigger, so it’s a great choice for your kitchen color, although some may say not entirely a practical one, as you can see any mess right away
- save space by incorporating your dining area into the kitchen – this can be as simple as having a little breakfast nook, or an expandable small table that folds out anytime you need it. If you can save space from formal dining space, you will have more room to play when it comes to designing your kitchen
- keep cabinets to the minimum, especially over the top of our countertops – they make small space look even smaller and more cluttered. Shelves are a great alternative.
- get smart with storage – there are lots of smart storage solutions, especially for tiny kitchens, so use what’s already out there to maximize your space
- limit decor pieces to the minimum – they clutter your work surface and make the whole kitchen look very busy
Where to Start?
If a kitchen remodel or an update feels quite overwhelming, you need to break it down into manageable pieces and start small. The best starting point is collecting ideas for inspiration, on what you want your kitchen to look like.
Creating a mood board or a Pinterest board with your favorite kitchen looks and designs is a great way to do it easily and fast. Our round-up of modern small kitchen ideas below will certainly help to speed up your inspiration process.
After that, map out each step in a google sheet or in a notepad, and get cracking! You can list all the furniture you want to update, and the colors you have chosen, and draw a timeline for your project.
After that, it’s just a trip to the shop and getting your hands dirty with the upgrades you can do yourself, and use contractors for the rest.
Your Inspiration: Modern Small Kitchen Ideas
Get inspired by these small kitchen ideas and save your favorites on Pinterest!