Are you dreaming about blue and green hair?
While this color aesthetic is not for everyone, the hair color has been super popular this year and there are so many ways to execute it and wear it! Whether you love the look of the blue and green highlights, the ombre style or pastel colors of green and blue, all of these hairstyles are bound to make everyone’s head turn.
For such vibrant hair color, it’s crucial to get the tones right and to work with a professional. Mixing the right color shade is no easy business and if you attempt to do it at home, you may not get exactly the results you were hoping for.
The blue and green hair also looks different depending on your hair structure, hair quality, and your natural hair color. If you have colored your hair many times before, there is likely to be some residue which will also impact the final color tone.
Finally, any hair color looks amazing as long as your hair is healthy. Taking care of your hair to ensure is hydrated, regularly cut and kept in good shape is the best advice any stylist will give you.
Blue and Green Hair: Color Inspiration Options
Which style should you go for? There are plenty of options to choose from!
- Blue and Green hair highlights – if you have dark or light hair, these highlights would work wonders without having to commit to a really drastic change. There are some great examples in the picture round-up below.
- Blue and Green ombre hair – ombre looks fantastic in this hair color combination, and if executed by a professional, it won’t fade with time.
- Blue and Green half-split hair – not sure which color you like better? Get them both a split tone for your full hair.
- Blue and Green on short hair – this hair color works really well also on short hair, you just have to choose the color placement correctly
- Blue and Green in pastel shades – pastel shades are so pretty and dreamy in blue and green! There are some pretty examples in the roundup below
- Blue and Green hair in neon shades – fancy going a bit wild? Neon shades of green and blue and bound to turn some heads!
How to Make Your Blue and Green Hair Look Healthier
Just like any other dyed hair you need to take special care of your dark green hair. This includes extra hydration, less sun exposure, and not least sulfates-free hair products.
Use special heat protection products anytime you want to style your dark green hair with a hairdryer or silk press.
- Wait 72 hours to shampoo
- Take lukewarm showers whenever possible
- Put a filter on it
- Use sulfates-free shampoo and conditioner
- Wash your hair less often
- Take a break from hot tools and silk press
- Stay out of the sun
Blue and Green Hair Transformation
33+ Stunning Blue and Green Hair Styles You Will Love
Here is our round-up of the best blue and green hair styles for your inspiration. If you would like to check out more, see our dedicated Pinterest board.
1. HalfWay Split Blue and Green Hair
2. Ombre Blue and Green on Short Hair
3. Neon Blue and Green Hair
4. Half Way Split on Shorter Hair
5. Bright Green
6. Green & Blue Layered Hairstyle
7. Blue Roots
8. Blue to Green Ombre
9. Galaxy Inspired
10. Blue and Green Highlights on Short Hair
11. Messy Color Streaks
12. Neon Blue and Green
13. Pastel Green and Blue Hair
14. Darker Shades of Blue and Green
15. Bold Highlights
16. Blue and Green Fairy Hair
17. Blue and Green Balayage
18. Dark Ombre Shades
19. Pastel tones of Green and Blue
20. Split Style
21. Blue with Bright Green Hair Ombre
22. Dark Green & Blue Ombre
23. Blue & Green Mixed
24. Wavy Bright Green Hair Style
25. Bright Blue with Mint Tones
26. Blue and Green on Wavy Hair
27. Green Highlights
28. Green with Mint Gradient
29. Thick Highlights of Green and Blue
30. Shiny Blue and Green Hair
31. Light Shades on Blonde Hair
32. Green and Blue with Purple Shades
33. Mid Lenght Hair Ombre
34. Pastel Green & Blue
More Hairstyle Inspiration:
Love it? Pin it!
Disclaimer: all effort has been made to link images to original authors. If you’re the owner of the images published, please get in touch with us so we can add the appropriate credits.