Would you like to know where, and how can you get your hands on some discontinued Louis Vuitton bags?
Then we got you covered on all the details!
Louis Vuitton bags are, of course, timeless making them perfect investment pieces.
While new bags can cost you a fortune, if you’re a savvy shopper, you can find the same bags for a fraction of the price. Browse the article below to find out more!
Why Louis Vuitton Discontinued Certain Bags
A Louis Vuitton bag will never be cheap per se, but you can get discontinued LV bags, or lower-priced bags from reputable resellers.
With the market for pre-loved handbags booming, the most timeless and recognizable designer bags will hold their worth for years to come, making them great investments for the future.
As the fastest-growing business in fashion, the resell market has been strengthened by both the ever-increasing price of new designer and luxury goods, as well as a greener mindset amongst consumers.
Most Iconic Discontinued Louis Vuitton Bags
As one of the most known prints, Louis Vuitton bags are all timeless, but here is a list of the most iconic, and best selling LV bags.
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Tote Bag – The Neverfull was first introduced in 2007 and became an instant classic. One of the houses’ most successful silhouettes, it is one of the best designer tote bags you can invest in making it a solid choice.
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Papillon 26 – This classic second-hand Papillon has a deep patina throughout the Vachetta leather. This cylindrical shoulder bag with the LV monogram is utterly classic.
- Louis Vuitton Looping Bag – This bag has a clean, sleek silhouette that is crafted from LV monogram-coated canvas and it features a Vachetta leather looping shoulder strap. This bag is so versatile and will suit a range of outfits.
- Louis Vuitton Tivoli Handbag – This bag also has the LV monogram canvas that features a Vachetta leather trim and handles as well. It has a spacious interior and is a timeless chic piece.
How to Authenticate a Discontinued Louis Vuitton Bag
When you’re getting into buying a discontinued Louis Vuitton bag, you have to check for a few things to make sure they are truly authentic.
Here are a few points you have to look for:
- Check the stitching – The stitching on classic LV bags is of a mustard yellow, not a bright yellow color, and of course the number of stitching on one side of the bag should match the number of ones on the other side.
- Check the stamping – The LV stamp is an indicator of whether a bag is fake or not. LV bags do not come with any authenticity cards, but in order to tell if the bag is genuine, the manufacturer places a unique stamp with a place and date code on the inside of the bag.
- Check the hardware – The hardware on LV bags is of the highest quality. It is pretty heavy and is made of metal brass painted in gold. Other hardware, like zippers or handles, are smooth. While fake LV bags are sometimes made of plastic, the connecting pieces and ring hooks are rounded.
- Pay attention to the packaging – Original LV bags don’t have a price tag or brand tag hanging on their handles, and the handles of original LV bags never come with a plastic wrapper. Also, the dust bag has a soft tan color and features the name Louis Vuitton or LV logo at the center.
The Resale Market for Discontinued Bags
There are some renowned specialist resale sites that have the best discontinued Louis Vuitton bags and they offer the most authentic consultation experts.
The best places you could find discontinued bags are some vintage dealer websites like What Comes Around Goes Around where they ship internationally from its stores in New York and Los Angeles, but go through deep research and consultation with experts on authenticating each item that’s sourced.
The site has become the go-to vintage dealer of a host of celebrities when passing through New York or LA from jewelry to vintage band tees.
Its biggest section though, is designer handbags, where there’s a host of LV favorites on offer.
Of course, again these bags won’t be cheap, but they are discontinued, so it’s still better than the original.
The expected price range is $800 – $2000.
Caring for Your Discontinued Louis Vuitton Bags
When you’re buying resale discontinued luxury brands, you should know that they’re already worn in.
So you have to make sure to take extra good care of it for it to increase its longevity.
Here are a few maintenance tips to help you out:
- Wipe with a clean cloth – Any handbag we own might pick up dirt from our day to day life, so for designer bags like LV bags, you have to wipe them down with a clean cloth without any detergents or anything.
- Don’t store the bag in a box – It is advised by the original Louis Vuitton retailers not to keep or store the bags in the box they come in or any box in general as that results in it smelling bad or like mildew.
- Stuff the bag – You should stuff the bag with newspapers or tissue papers in order to absorb any extra moisture or the scent of mildew that might come out.
- Rotate your handbags – For the handbag to last you a longer time, you shouldn’t over use it. The handbag you get might go with all your outfits, but it’s better to wear your other handbags to give your LV bag time to breath.
If you’re more into the vintage timeless Louis Vuitton handbags, then buying discontinued ones from authentic websites is your way to go.
Most of the styles they have in the resale websites are vintage classics. So it would be perfect for you to head into the discontinued LV bags route.
Of course you won’t be getting a brand new bag, but it’s still of similar quality as long as you take good care of it.
The best thing for you would be getting a renowned elusive Louis Vuitton handbag for a fraction of the price.
Current Alternatives to Discontinued Favorites
As I mentioned before, some of the handbags you could get your hands on at the moment through websites like What Comes Around Goes Around, are designs like the Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Tote Bag, the Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Papillon 26, and the Louis Vuitton Looping Bag.
I think that getting yourself a designer luxury handbag, especially a Louis Vuitton bag, is a perfect investment.
And going hunting for a discontinued LV bag isn’t a bad thing, you could get any style you want while saving a lot.