With these fun and cheap toddler activities, you will build a stronger relationship with them in the best way.
Playing with your kids gives them all your attention and teaches them many things in a fun way. If you offer them to do something together, they will be happy to respond, as long as they are interested. Kids learn when they do crafts with their hands when they invent and create things. A healthy child is full of energy and enjoys running, jumping, and chasing.
Make sure you offer your toddler interesting, creative, and engaging DIY activities. Do not what you can do?
Do not worry we have a great list of toddler activities you can try without spending your cash on toys or kids’ activity tools.
Scroll down to find out more, and if you need more inspiration for kid’s crafts, DIY, and other projects, visit our dedicated Pinterest board.
Fun and Cheap DIY Toddler Activities
There are so many toddler activities you can do at home, just open up your imagination, recall some of your own childhood games you have played, and have fun.
Cooking with toddlers is so much fun. You can bake cookies, and make little tea sandwiches in different shapes. Bake a cake, and fruit salad.
For the little girls, you can make a nail salon, make different hairstyles, and of course, do makeup.
Creative Toddler Activities
This includes everything that involves crafting, expressing emotions, and imagination. They are great because they can make your kid focus and calm. You can play some relaxing, and calm music while crafting.
There are other creative toddler activities like:
- Painting with fingers, 3D paints, painting with yarn, with ear sticks, etc.
- Crafts with brocade glue or galaxy powder is a great activity for girls.
- Outline shapes with patterns, and shadow drawings.
- Cutting with scissors into shapes, dotted cutting.
- Modeling with Play-Doh, homemade play dough, and kinetic sand.
- Crafting jewelers with pasta, buttons, gems- ideal for a little princess.
- Natural and recycled craft tools like leaves, stones, wooden sticks, plastic bottles, paper rolls, etc.
Active Toddler Games and Ideas
Toddlers are like little bunnies who are jumping, running, and rolling around. It is a good idea to find suitable activities for relieving tension and creating a good mood. These might include:
- Throw a balloon, DIY bowling.
- Exercise yoga with your kids, or dance. Zumba is super fun for kids.
- Jumping on an inflatable ball.
- Games such as “Hide and Seak”, and “Treasure Hunt”, are cool physical activities you can practice at home.
- Pillow fights and bed jumping are all-time favorite toddler activities.
- Throwing or sorting small balls in a bucket, are perfect to teach them to count, or sort items by colors.
Educational Toddler Activities
You can easily combine the game with your toddler so they can learn basic things. It is important to choose educational activities according to kids’ age and individual development.
Do not forget kids are different and learn things at different stages and times. Do not overwhelm them with lots of information.
The best way is to attract their attention and desire to work involving things they like in the shape of a game.
- Learning colors, shapes, seasons, days of the week, and clock.
- Game with string, sorter, constructor – plastic, wooden, Lego.
- Arrange puzzles, puzzle books, wooden puzzles, and picture puzzles.
- Solving logical problems – find the differences, what is missing, what is wrong in the picture, and more.
- Setting riddles and even more valuable inventing riddles.
- Game of associations.
- Learning poems, songs, and memory games.
- Activities with letters, numbers – writing, spelling, reading.
33+ Fun and Cheap DIY Toddler Activities to Do at Home
1. Muffin Tin Color Sort
Sort and learn the colors with a muffin tin, and color balls.
2. Cardboard Animals Templates
Crafty toddler activity that develops fine motor skills, and will help your little one to name the animals.
3. Silhouette Matching Game
Perfect game to make associations, and make difference between shapes.
4. Rainbow Building Tower
There are plenty of items in your household that you can recycle and use for toddler activities.
5. Rolling Pin Cracker Crunch
Spend some time in the kitchen and cook along with your kids.
6. Paper Tunnels
Little boys love to play with cars, and these paper tunnels are great for them.
7. Fun Sand and Rock Box
Use natural sand, and rocks for sensory activities with your kid.
8. Rainbow Bean
Bean, rice, and chickpeas are ideal for coloring and sorting.
9. Shape Sorting Game
You don’t have to buy plastic shape toys when you can make your own at home.
10. Rainbow Hair Ties Tower
A kitchen paper roll holder could be a great base for the rainbow tower.
11. Squeeze Cup Activities
Squeeze cups are great for so many toddler activities.
12. Clothespin Ice Cream Maker
Clothespins are ideal for crafts and DIY projects.
13. Painting with Trucks
If it is difficult for you to make your little boy draw or paint, use this super cool idea- truck painting.
14. Shadow Drawings
Shadow drawing is one of the coolest activities you can practice at home.
15. Cardboard Flower Vase
Ideal for Mother’s day greeting card, and perfect activity using natural products.
16. Nail Salon
When you have your little girlfriends around this is something that they will go crazy about.
17. Paint with Yarn
Cool way to make art, even for adults.
18. Build a Fence Math Activity
Let’s count, and include some math lessons.
19. Number Wave Activity
Fine motor skills, math, and practice mindfulness.
20. Matching Alphabet Activity
A, B, C… with this toddler activity your kid will learn the alphabet easily.
21. Apple Tree Math Activity
Because apples and math are going always together.
22. Painting with Leaves
Try to keep nature closer to the games, and activities you practice with your kid.
23. Sewing Easter Card
Easter is just behind the corner, you can teach your little ones how to sew and develop their fine motor skills.
24. Stitching Boards
Patience, calmness, and easy DIY activity for your kids.
25. Cereal Threading Activity
26. Scoop and Transfer
If you are not able to play outside on the sand, you can make a rice scoop and transfer to your living room.
27. Paint the Snow
28. Pom Pom Whisk
29. Animal Rescue Toddler Activities
This activity will challenge your kid’s fine motor skills while he is wrapping off the elastics from the animal toys.
30. Pom Pom Drop
Recycle old plastic bottles and make them ideal for sorting small pom poms.
31. Cheerio Caterpillar
32. Push Pin Maze
33. Learn Symmetries
34. I Spy Bottle
Cool way to learn new words, pay attention, and learn how to make discussions.
35. Dinosaur Fossils
Kids love dinosaurs and will enjoy this DIY playdough fossil activity.
36. Sticker Lines
37. Big and Small Toddler Activities
Perfect idea to learn how to make difference between big and small.