How to arrange two sofas in the living room so you can make it your perfect area for quiet family evenings, and ideal for family and friends gatherings and parties?
We have selected 13 layouts to test and give you a better idea or even inspiration, especially if you are planning a renovation this season.
How to arrange two sofas in the living room is not that difficult when you are following the natural focal point of space. Some living rooms can be an architectural element- a fireplace or windows for example.
In other living rooms, the focal point is the TV, and in others – a wall of artwork. Find your focal point and start the arrangement from there.
Do not forget to check out our dedicated Pinterest board where you can find more inspirations and ideas.
How to Arrange Two Sofas in the Living Room
The correct arrangement of the furniture in the room is what makes the space friendly and warm. Therefore, in order to feel good, and to create conditions for a comfortable and intimate conversation, all you need are comfortable, high-quality, and properly arranged furniture.
Below you can find some of the classic layouts on how to arrange two sofas in the living room. Of course, you need to consider how big is your living room and shouldn’t forget to leave enough space for normal movements in this area of your home.
While an interior design diploma will help broaden your knowledge about living area arrangements, these tips are enough to make a fancy setup.
- Symmetrical arrangement- traditional, and classic furniture arrangement.
- Open-Plan- the best arrangement if you are having kitchen, dining room, and living room in one place. How to arrange two sofas in the living room then? The ideal option is to use one of the sofas as a barrier, and place the second one in an “L” shape or facing each other.
- Walk-Through- a classic living room layout that gives you the chance to arrange two sofas in an “L” shape, or face each other so you can have direct eye contact with people around you.
- Different zones- even if your living room is not as big as you wish, there are still options to set different lounge areas. For example, if you are having big windows with a terrace you can place a relaxing chair in the angle where you can read books, or enjoy your afternoon tea.
- Diagonal arrangement- ideal for wider and bigger living rooms. Sofas and other furniture pieces take place diagonally or at an angle. In this way they are taking up lots more space, and here is why is preferable for open space with a higher ceiling.
1. Leather Sofas
You can place two leather sofas in different shades so you can bring more balance and harmony.
2. Black and White
The classic combination of black and white furniture pieces is ideal for any type and size of living room.
3. Texture Combinations
Many people consider their sofas and lounge chairs to be in similar textures. Actually, there is a way how to arrange two sofas in the living room and still have an elegant and classy living room.
4. All White
There is something special in all-white living rooms. It gives more air, and freedom to the space.
However, I still do not have any explaination of how you can keep the sofas stainless when there are kids around?
5. Sofas and Relax Chairs Combination
One of the options on how to arrange two sofas in the living room, when you have a dining space in the same room.
6. Dark Shades with Accents
How to arrange two sofas in the living room when you have chosen dark shades? Choose an accent color for the small details like throw pillows, or an extra seating place- an ottoman, or lounge chair, for example.
7. Pattern Sofas
Don’t be afraid to choose patterns for your living room furniture. They are a great way to add more vibration, and spirit to your home.
8. Velvet Subduction
Velvet sofas and cushions bring more elegance and luxury to the living room.
9. Sofas and Vanity Combination
Do not forget to use your living area space wisely. Placing a storage vanity on the back of sofas in an open-space living room is a great idea.
10. Boho Vibes
We are in love with boho style!
11. Small Living Room with Sofas Combination
How to arrange two sofas in the living room when you have a limited space? There is always a way when you follow the natural focal point of the space.
12. Relax Living Room Areas
When you have a bigger and wider living room is easy to set different relaxing areas and arrange two sofas and a few extra seating places.
13. Colorful and Bright
Different colors, and shapes in brilliant combination.