Pink and purple nails are always in style, but their popularity can ebb and flow with current fashion trends.
In recent years, pink and purple nails have been a popular choice for both everyday wear and special occasions.
Whether or not pink and purple nails are currently considered trendy may depend on current fashion trends, but they are classic and versatile colors that can be worn year-round.
Browse the article below to find all the ideas and tips you need to try this classic style.
Video Tutorial: Pink and Purple Nails
There are countless pink and purple nail designs that you can choose from, depending on your personal taste and style. Here is a simple DIY tutorial to get you started:
add video here
53+ Ideas for Pink and Purple Nails
The internet will serve up millions of designs for pink and purple nails, but it’s important to choose a design that reflects your personal style and taste.
Browse our roundup of favorite designs below and find a style that really speaks to you!
Trends for Pink and Purple Nails 
Pastel shades of pink and purple were particularly popular in the spring and summer seasons, while deeper shades of pink and purple, such as mauve and plum, have been trendy in the fall and winter seasons.
Additionally, nail art designs featuring shades of pink and purple, such as ombre, floral, and geometric designs, have been a popular trend in the nail industry.
Some of the current trends for pink and purple nails:
- Minimalist designs: Simple and elegant designs, such as a single color or a simple accent nail, are popular for a minimalist look.
- Negative space: Designs that incorporate negative space, such as stripes or geometric shapes, are a current trend for a modern and edgy look.
- Matte finish: Matte nails are a current trend for a chic and sophisticated look. Try using a matte topcoat over pink or purple nails for a trendy twist.
- Glitter and metallic accents: Adding glitter or metallic accents to pink and purple nails is a current trend for a bold and eye-catching look. Consider using a glitter topcoat or metallic striping tape to add some shine to your nails.
- Abstract designs: Abstract nail designs, such as swirling lines or brush strokes, are a current trend for a unique and artistic look.
How to Choose Pink and Purple Nail Design for You
Choosing a pink and purple nail design that is perfect for you can be a fun and creative process. Here are some tips to help you choose a design that suits your personal style:
- Consider the occasion: Think about where you will be wearing your pink and purple nails. A subtle design might be more appropriate for a professional setting, while a bold design might be more suitable for a night out or special occasion.
- Consider your personal style: Think about your personal style and choose a design that reflects your personality. If you prefer a minimalist style, a simple pink or purple nail with a matte finish might be perfect for you. If you love bold and bright colors, a glittery or floral design might be more suitable.
- Think about maintenance: Consider how much time and effort you are willing to put into maintaining your pink and purple nails. Intricate designs and patterns may require more maintenance, while simple designs may be easier to maintain.
How to Make Your Manicure Last Longer
Here are some tips for making your manicure last longer, regardless of the color you choose:
- Prepare your nails: Before applying polish, make sure your nails are clean and dry. Use a nail polish remover to remove any old polish and use a cuticle pusher to push back your cuticles.
- Avoid hot water: Avoid exposing your nails to hot water, such as when washing dishes or taking a shower, as this can cause the polish to lift and chip.
- Wear gloves: Wear gloves when doing household chores, such as cleaning or gardening, to protect your manicure.
- Moisturize: Apply hand lotion regularly to keep your hands and cuticles hydrated. Dry cuticles can cause the polish to chip and peel.
- Avoid touching your nails: Try to avoid touching your nails or using them as tools, as this can cause the polish to chip and peel.