Red velvet hair color is a delicious trendy shade of red that’s been making the rounds lately. A mix of red and dark brown gives it a rich, deep look that looks stunning on all hair lengths. We’ve seen many stars rock it on the big screen.
From Bree in desperate housewives making it look sultry and mysterious to Disney Ariel’s bright red hues. The best part about red velvet hair color is that you can tweak it to look the way you want.
If you’re looking for a bold and striking hair color, red velvet is definitely worth considering! Browse the article below to find gorgeous ideas for red velvet shades, haircut ideas or styling tips.
35+ Ideas for Red Velvet Hair Color
Still, finding the perfect look that ticks all boxes? We’ve got exactly what you need. After scouring the internet for hours, we’ve rounded up our top ideas for red velvet hair color. Browse and get inspired!
How to Choose the Shade of Red Velvet Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
To get this color, you can go the traditional dyeing route or try something like balayage or ombre. The best part about it is that you can customize it to fit your skin tone and hair type – it’s a versatile shade that can look good on pretty much anyone.
Choosing the right shade of red velvet for your skin tone comes down to
- Determining your skin tone and choosing a hair color that compliments you. For warm skin tones, coppery or auburn shades of red velvet can work well. Cool skin tones, on the other hand, tend to look best with deeper, burgundy or maroon shades.
- Consider your hair color: Your natural hair color can also influence the shade of red velvet that will work best for you. If you have lighter hair, you may want to opt for a more subdued, darker shade of red velvet. Darker hair can handle more vibrant, brighter shades of red velvet without appearing too overwhelming.
- Don’t forget about your eye color: Your eye color can also play a role in which shade of red velvet will look best on you. For example, green or hazel eyes can be complemented by warm, coppery shades of red velvet, while blue or grey eyes can look great with deeper, cooler shades.
- Ultimately, choosing the right shade of red velvet hair color comes down to experimenting and finding what works best for you.
Trending Shades for Red Velvet Hair Color
Don’t want to look through millions of color shade options? Here are so many trending shades to choose from! Here are the top picks that are making waves right now:
- Deep Burgundy: This rich and intense shade of red velvet with burgundy undertones is perfect for those who want a dramatic and bold look.
- Copper Red: These shades work wonders on those with warm skin tones and can add dimension to darker hair.
- Mahogany Red: This shade of red velvet is a darker, more subtle option with brownish undertones that give it a natural-looking feel.
- Fiery Cherry Red: For a pop of color that’s playful and fun, go for a bright and bold cherry red velvet shade with a pinkish undertone.
- Dark Auburn: This reddish-brown shade of red velvet is versatile and works on a variety of skin tones and hair types.
Best Haircut and Hair Lengths for Red Velvet Hair Color
We believe the right haircut can make a lush red velvet hair color even more luscious. some tips to help you find the perfect cut and length to complement your red velvet locks:
- Bob or long bob: A bob is a classic choice that pairs well with red velvet hair color. You can choose a chin-length bob or a longer one, depending on your face shape and hair texture. You can opt for a lob, or long bob, is a popular choice for those who want to show off their red velvet hair color while maintaining some length.
- Long Layers: Long layers can add movement and texture to your red velvet hair, making it look voluminous and full of life. This cut is a great choice if you want to keep your length but still want to show off your new color.
- Pixie Cut: A pixie cut can be a bold and daring choice to pair with red velvet hair color. This short, low-maintenance cut can be styled in different ways to keep your look fresh and modern.
Don’t forget to consult with your stylist before making any drastic changes!
How to Style Red Velvet Hair Color – Accessories & Product Tips
With the right hair accessories and products, you can style your red velvet hair color in a way that showcases your unique personality and style.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and products until you find the perfect look that makes you feel fabulous!
- Hair Accessories: Add some pizzazz to your red velvet hair color by playing around with some hair accessories. You can use headbands, hair clips, or even hats to jazz up your new look. Go for metallic or glittery hair accessories to add a touch of glamor, or floral hair accessories to give you a boho-chic vibe.
- Texturizing Products: Sea salt sprays, hair waxes, or dry shampoos can add volume and texture to your red velvet hair color. These products can help create a relaxed, effortless look that goes well with this playful and bold hair color.
- Hair Oils: Hair oils can help control frizz and add shine to your red velvet hair color. Use a small amount of hair oil to smooth out your hair and add a bit of extra shine. Opt for a lightweight hair oil that won’t weigh down your hair.
How to Make Your Red Velvet Hair Color Last Longer
One thing to keep in mind when considering red velvet hair color is that it can be a high-maintenance look.
The red pigment in the color tends to fade faster than other shades, and regular touch-ups may be necessary to maintain the vibrancy of the color. Some handy tips to make your hair color last longer are:
- Using heat protector spray: If you’re using heat tools to style your red velvet hair color, make sure to use a heat protectant to avoid damage to your hair. This is particularly important for those with finer hair types that can be more prone to damage.
- And lastly, using color safe shampoos and conditioners – keep the vibrancy of your red velvet hair color intact by using color-safe shampoos and conditioners. These products are specially designed to protect your hair color from fading and help maintain your hair’s overall health.