Brown hair with pink highlights is a bold look that can be striking in the right setting. It’s easy to maintain, and it can be adapted to suit your needs.
If you’re thinking about trying this cool color combination for yourself, then you’re in luck – we’ve rounded up 40+ of our favorite brown hair with pink highlights ideas to give you inspiration. Who knows? Maybe one of these looks will get you excited for your next big hair makeover!
And don’t worry – we also have you covered with everything you need to know on how to achieve and maintain the look yourself. So let’s get right to it!
Video Tutorial: Brown Hair With Pink Highlights
Have you ever wanted to try pink highlights but weren’t sure how to go about it? This is the perfect tutorial to learn how to transform your hair with beautiful pink highlights. Just take a look K Anahi‘s video it’s so easy!
40+ Ideas for Brown Hair With Pink Highlights
If you love pink, but have brown hair, it’s time to think outside of the box.
Here are some of our favorite ideas for how to mix up your look and add a little something extra to your routine.
How to Achieve the Look
If you’re looking for a new way to add some color and dimension to your hair, pink highlights are the way to go. They look great on all hair colors, but they can be especially effective on brown hair because they help create a contrast. For info on how to create them on your own, keep reading.
To get this look, you’ll need:
- a fine-tooth comb or brush
- a highlighting kit (available at most beauty supply stores)
- a spray bottle
- an old towel that you don’t mind getting dirty
And here’s how to put them to use and achieve the look:
- Be sure to start at least 2 days after you have washed your hair. The natural oils in your hair will help keep it protected.
- Section off your hair into four parts – two on the top of your head and two on the bottom. Use clips or elastics to keep them in place as you work on each section separately.
- Apply a bleach-based semi-permanent dye to each section, using a tint brush or foam applicator bottle (if you’re using a kit). Work quickly so that the bleach doesn’t dry out before it’s applied to all of the hair strands.
- Let each section sit for ten minutes before washing it out with cool water (this will help prevent damage from over-processing). After washing out all four sections, use your favorite conditioner to finish off your hair treatment routine!
How to Make Your Color Last Longer
When you’re rocking a bold new hair color, it’s easy to get excited about the possibilities – but it’s also important to remember that your look may not last forever.
The good news is that there are lots you can do to keep your color looking fresh and vibrant for as long as possible. Here are some of our best tips for making your colored hairstyle last longer:
- Make sure you’re using the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. If you aren’t sure what’s best for you, ask your stylist or check out reviews online.
- Use products made specifically for colored hair as much as possible, especially when styling and washing your hair.
- Try not to use any styling tools on your hair while it’s wet, because they can cause extra damage that could lead to fading over time.
- Try not to wash your hair more than once every two days (depending on how often you work out). This will help keep the oils in the scalp from breaking down the color molecules too quickly and causing fading faster than normal!
- Avoid using heat on your hair as much as possible. Heat can cause damage to the cuticle layer and make your color fade faster than usual. If you absolutely need to use heat (say, for curling), use a heat protectant before doing so.
- Don’t forget about moisturizing! Moisturizing helps prevent breakage by keeping hair hydrated. It also keeps dye from fading too quickly since water can wash away chemicals from coloring products easily if there isn’t enough moisture around them first.
If you’re looking for more ways to spice up your look, be sure to check out our Lifestyle section!