If you’ve been thinking about repainting your kitchen cabinets, you are sure to see the color teal pop up in many articles and mood boards.
Teal is one of our absolute favorite colors in the blue/green family, it has the calming effect of blue paired with the sense of renewal that comes with green. And what better way to incorporate it into your home than some freshly painted kitchen cabinets?
Teal is the perfect color if you’re looking to breathe some new life into your kitchen. Not only is it gorgeous on its own, but you can get creative and pair it with so many other beautiful colors as well!
Before you start, it’s good to know which colors pair well with teal.
There are lots of great options to choose from, maybe you already have some of them featured, or perhaps they are ones you’d like to start incorporating once you finish painting.
Best Colors To Match with Teal Kitchen Cabinets
- Lime green
- Royal blue
While there are so many colors that traditionally go well with teal, and so many different ways to incorporate them, at the end of the day, it’s your home. So choose whatever makes you happiest!
While coloured cabinets are certainly not a new trend, we love seeing teal being used more and more. Teal is associated with many different emotions; balance, calmness, rejuvenation, communication, and comfort, just to name a few!. Choosing teal as your new kitchen cabinet color will help make your kitchen feel like your own private oasis! Teal is also quite a timeless color, and will certainly hold up for many years without being considered another fad that goes out of style.
Ready to get inspired? We’ve rounded up some of our absolute favorite teal kitchen cabinets below.
There are so many ways you can incorporate teal kitchen cabinets in your home. From saturated and vibrant, to subtle and calming, teal really is a workhorse of a color! So if you’re thinking it’s time to spruce up your kitchen cabinets with some teal, take a moment to read through our tips, and find the perfect way to bring it into your home.
23+ Prettiest Teal Kitchen Cabinets Ideas for Inspiration
1. Coastal Teal Kitchen Cabinets
2. Retro-Chic Teal Cabinets
3. Sky Blue Combination
4. Dark Teal Cabinets
5. Teal Kitchen Cabinets and Bricks Backsplash
6. Teal Kitchen Cabinets and Honeycomb Floor
7. Deep Jade and White Cabinets
8. Vintage Effect
9. Teal Cabinets and Stone Grey
10. City Teal Kitchen
11. Teal Cabinets and Wooden Backsplash
12. Peacock Tail
13. Teal Kitchen Cabinets And Open Shelves
14. French Countryside
15. Teal Kitchen Cabinets and Fish Tail
16. Teal Kitchen and Golden Elements
17. Modern Teal Kitchen Cabinets
18. Color Splash
19. Teal Kitchen and Colorful Wallpaper
20. Copper Lights
21. Brick Wall and Teal Cabinets
22. Teal Boho Kitchen
23. Vivid Kitchen
24. Small Teal Kitchen
25. Teal Hexagon Backsplash
Best Tips for Painting Teal Kitchen Cabinets
- Before you get to painting, it’s important to make sure your cabinets are properly prepped to ensure the paint goes on flawlessly.Take into consideration the material of your cabinets, what color they are currently, and make sure you use the right type of primer.
- If you’re not quite sure you want to go all out with fully teal cabinets, start off with a smaller space. If for example you have one or more cabinets with glass panels, that would be the perfect place to start. The glass will help to break up the color a bit and give you a chance to experiment with the color, and the option to continue on.
- Try different effects! There are so many options with paint; you can go for sleek and modern and choose a high gloss finish, something a little more subtle and minimalist with a matte finish, or cozy and rustic with a distressed finish.
- If you have an artistic eye (or maybe a friend or family member does) instead of going for a solid color cabinet, try painting a teal design on your cabinets. Grab some tape or a stencil, or have fun with it and paint something freehand!
- Speaking of friends and family, if you want to get the project done a little faster, think about having a little sip and paint party! Grab some of your closest friends, whip up a couple of tasty snacks or cocktails, and your cabinets will be painted in no time.
- If you have a smaller kitchen, go with a lighter shade of teal. Darker shades can add weight to smaller spaces, so a lighter shade will help lift the space and keep it bright.
- Make your freshly painted cabinets pop even more with new handles or knobs! This is a small but impactful detail, and will definitely make a difference. Teal pairs beautifully with metallic colors, and incorporating new knobs on your freshly painted cabinets will make it feel like a brand new kitchen.
- How about a fresh new backsplash? This is another great way to make your cabinets pop. Teal has some great color pairings; you could keep it classic with navy or cream, or go bold with coral or pink!
- If you can’t decide which color pairing you like best, think about swapping out some of your other decor depending on the season. Head to your local dollar store or favorite thrift store and see what kind treasures you can find!
- Nothing says luxurious like monochromatic or tone on tone. If you’re loving your new teal kitchen cabinets, add teal dish towels, or a teal ceramic decorative bowl.
- If you want to get a little more creative with the color, try an ombre effect! Start with a darker shade at the bottom and gradually work your way up to a lighter shade. Depending on your preference you could also start with the darker shade on top.
- Another great way to make teal kitchen cabinets really stand out is freshening up other areas in your kitchen. Give your baseboards and maybe even your ceiling a fresh coat of paint.
- Remember to think about the flow of the rest of your home. Do you want each room to have its own individual theme? Or do you prefer there to be a little more connection throughout the whole space?
- If you do want all the rooms to flow together, then save any excess paint! Maybe there’s a table in your living room, or your bed frame, or maybe even your front door that would look great with a pop of teal!
More Kitchen Inspiration
Brilliant Modern Small Kitchen Ideas to Inspire Your Next Remodel
33+ Sophisticated Black Kitchen Cabinets to Inspire Your Next Remodel
5 Ways to Design Your Kitchen as a First Home Buyer
White Kitchen: 10 Timeless and Refined Design Ideas
9 Clever Decorating Ideas for Kitchen Sinks With No Window
21+ Clever Small Kitchen Ideas to Make the Space Feel Bigger