French tip nails were created in 1975.
And unlike some other trends from the 70s, French tip nails have continued to skyrocket in popularity.
The best part is that you can opt for the classic look or put your own spin on things and create your own cute French tip nails that are nothing like the original.
Are you thinking about going with French tips at your next salon appointment?
We can help!
Below, you’ll find our fantastic collection of cute French tip nails, plus some critical information like how to extend the lifespan of your adorable new nails.
37 Ideas for Cute French Tip Nails
Today, cute French tip nails are taking center stage.
Take a peek at our roundup of some of the cutest French tip nail ideas.
Trust me, you’re going to find one you absolutely adore!
1. Classic White French Tips with Colorful Lines
2. Cute French Strawberries Nails
3. Emoji French Tips
4. Short Coffin French Tip Nails with Flowers
5. Dusty Blue French Tips
6. Pointed Cute French Tip Nails
7. Cute Hearted Frenchies
8. Purple Glitter French Nails
9. Classic Pink French Tips
10. Green and Orange Swirls
11. Bright and Fun Short Frenchies
12. Double Colored French Tips
13. Cute Bright Stiletto French Tips
14. Floral Coffin Frenchies
15. Elegant Pastel French Tip Nails
16. Modern Stiletto with Stars
17. Astrological French Tips
18. Cute Almond French Tips
19. Bright and Gold Stiletto French Tips
20. Cute and Fun French Tips
21. Cute Subtle French Tips
22. Butterflies French Tips
23. Chrome Pink French Tips
24. Muted Almond French Tips
25. Double-Lines and Glitter French Tips
26. Spring French Tips Nails
27. Light and Cute Colorful French Tips
28. Gold French Tips
29. Structured Chrome French Tips
30. Chrome Stars Nails
31. Dramatic Red Frech Tips
32. Summer Flowers Frenchies
33. Pink and Orange Marble French Tips
34. Simple but Gorgeous French Tips
35. Pink Acrylic French Tips with Flowers
36. Cotton Candy French Tips
37. Pastel Stiletto Frenchies
French Tip Nails: A Timeless Trend
When it comes to classic nail designs, nothing is more timeless than the French manicure.
It is known for having an alluring and elegant appeal, which is excellent for any situation – from hot date nights to important business meetings.
But not every girl wants to show off regalness and sophistication.
Luckily, you can still wear a French manicure.
You just need to add a little spark of cuteness to this classic style.
Playful Color Choices
One of the easiest (and best) ways to add some cuteness to your French tip nails is to adopt playful color choices.
Say sayonara to the “traditional” white-on-nude color combo and go with one of these whimsical selections instead:
- Pastel Perfection – Pastel colors have become ridiculously popular in the last few years, and they just so happen to be a top pick for French manicures. Not too glaringly bold but not too delicate, pastel shades like mint green and lilac offer a cute take on French tips.
- Sweet Candy Colors – Who doesn’t love the sensational shades of candy? From bright greens and reds to head-turning yellows and blues, you honestly can’t go wrong with sweet candy colors.
- Vibrant and Whimsical Hues – Vibrant and Whimsical? Absolutely! Whether you want to add some sass with lively purples or energetic blues, you can’t go wrong with eye-catching hues.
- Playful Animal and Character Motifs – Another amazing way to add a hefty dose of cuteness is to add animals and character motifs to your nails! Think – kitties, bunny rabbits, and puppy dogs. All cute and relatively easy to apply to a set of French tips.
- Whimsy and Fantasy – Fantasy nail colors are, well, hues that send you into a fantasyland – for all the right reasons, of course. Pinks, purples, and other delicious shades are precisely what “fantasy” colors are all about.
DIY vs. Professional Application
OK, so you’ve decided on your perfectly cute French tip nails. Great!
But now what?
Should you do them yourself or have them professionally applied?
Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of creating cute French tip nails at home:
- PRO Save money – Probably the biggest perk of doing your cute French tip nails at home is that you’ll save money. Think – a salon might charge $50 or more, but an at-home job costs less than $10.
- PRO No appointment necessary – If you want to do your nails at midnight with your favorite show and a glass of wine, go ahead!
- PRO Full control – When doing your nails at home, you’re in charge of the outcome. You can change the design on a whim if desired!
- CON Lack of pampering – Let’s face it, a nail artist will be professionally trained in the pampering department. You simply can’t reach the same level of indulgence on your own.
- CON Won’t look as good – Honestly, unless you’re incredibly good at doing your own nails, you likely won’t achieve the same great look that a professional nail artist can achieve.
- CON Takes more time – Again, it all comes down to training. Nail artists can typically do cute French tip nails in under an hour. A newbie doing an at-home nail job may need more time, which may be a big deal for those with little time to spare.
We’ve all dealt with those infamous chips and cracks a few short days after getting a manicure. It’s the worst!
But you don’t have to settle for these mishaps.
Here are some of the best tips for extending the lifespan of your cute French tip nails:
- Properly prep your nails – If you’re doing an at-home French manicure, it is imperative to prep your nails before applying polish. Cut, file, and remove any oil.
- Use thin coats – Again, if you’re doing your own French manicure, this tip is for you. Although it may seem like thicker coats last longer, you’re actually setting yourself up for a ginormous failure. Stick to thinner layers!
- Fix imperfections with polish – Notice a chip or crack? Simply swipe the same color of nail polish over the area (make sure it’s thin!). Then, seal it in with a high-quality top coat.
- Use gloves when possible – Protect your nails by wearing gloves, especially if you’re doing the dishes or other cleaning tasks.
- Apply oil to the nail – Dry nails are a recipe for disaster. Stave off knicks and imperfections by applying nail oil daily.
Showcasing Your Personal Quirk
Essentially, when it comes to creating cute French tip nails, the goal is to add your own personal quirkiness to the mix.
There are plenty of different ways to do this.
Experimenting with colors, patterns, and motifs until you find the “perfect match” is an excellent idea.
Don’t forget to share your unique nail art on social media!
Amazing nails like yours shouldn’t be kept out of the public’s eye.
Who knows – you may even start a brand new trend!
French manicures are sophisticated and feminine, but cute French tip nails are utterly enchanting.
Embrace this charming nail trend and come up with some cute and adorable French tip nails of your own.
Just don’t forget to share them so we can see and get inspired, too!