Boys are humorously called “noise with dirt and grass stains on it”.
Hosting a boy baby shower for a friend or sister is a great honor, but can tap your energy and resources.
Stumped on baby shower ideas for boys? Here are some hip and happening themes and tips on saving money or splashing out.
1. The “Little Man” theme
Use bow ties and neck ties for the invites, baby bash décor and food.
Invites could be in the form of a onesie with a bow tie and suspenders. Various design you can download from etsy.com, where you will also find different baby shower ideas for boys.
Banners are big news. Use a mini clothesline with onesies pinned onto it or a welcome banner made of little neck ties. You can have little bow ties for guests to wear – have a look at catchmyparty.com.
2. Food for Baby Shower
Cupcakes are still popular, and you can use bow tie cupcake toppers to carry the theme through. Various sites have printable toppers you can download.
Have sugar cookies in the form of bow ties or candy packs fastened with bow ties. A variation on this theme is to use moustaches instead of ties.
Have guests sip from brightly coloured straws with black bow ties attached to these. We found some by angieheartsjared on Etsy.
3. Sports themes
Baseball, football, basketball or All-Star-themed baby showers are a hit. Sports onesies are declaring “a little champ is on its way” are perfect for invites. For a football-themed baby shower have a look at the onesies on littlebeesgraphics.com.
Navy blue and red are traditional colors for a baseball theme. Give painted baseball mason jar banks as baby shower gifts. We found it on etsy.com.
You can also have baseball sugar cookies like the ones on catchmyparty.com.
4. Animals in the wood
Animals are still a favourite boy baby shower theme, but today’s animals include owls, hedgehogs, foxes, and deer. Use bunting of woodland animals like the ones on www.littlebirdieprints.etsy.com.
You can also choose a deer theme and use puns like “deer oh deer, a sweet baby boy is almost here”. Pinterest has great examples of these and loads more baby shower ideas for boys.
A new trend is the baby shower guest book with a twist. Each guest puts their thumb print on one of the branches of a picture of a tree and signs it. You can frame the picture for the nursery.
Once you have chosen a theme, decide how you will implement it depending on your budget. You don’t have to have theme-orientated invitations and platters and décor.
Budget Baby Shower Ideas for Boys
- You and a few friends can make the decorations and party eats yourselves. Some websites like thelittleumbrella.com have free, printable downloads of baby shower invites.
- Hosting it at someone’s house will also save costs.
- Using online services like Paperless Post, Evite or ping for invites will save money. Guests reply via email.
- Balloons are always a decorating winner as they are. When you use loads of balloons in one colour, it looks festive and classy.
- Buy flowers locally and make your centerpieces.
- For baby shower gifts, bake cookies and package them in inexpensive boxes with a beautiful ribbon tied around them.
If you have a slightly bigger budget, you can buy ready-made cutouts for the invitations and décor online. You can choose an inexpensive restaurant to host the baby shower or order from a local deli or caterer if you decide to have it at someone’s home.
Hire an event organizer to plan and host the baby shower. Or hire a venue which will do the catering, flower arrangements and decorations for you and might even have great baby shower ideas for boys.
If you want to splash out, host, a pampered shower at a spa. When held at home, use candles and music and a masseuse ready to pamper all the guests.
Trends: Baby Showers for Boys
- Storybook showers where characters in classic children’s books – like those by Dr. Seuss – are used as themes, are popular. Guests bring their favorite childhood classic to start the new baby’s library. We think it’s one of the greatest baby shower ideas for boys!
- Coed showers with beer and food for the men is a growing trend according to glo.com.
- “Man showers” or “daddy diaper parties” is also a growing trend and involves relaxed beer and barbecue afternoons with each guy bringing a package of diapers for the dad-to-be.
- Baby shower hosts nowadays also prefer brunch buffets with small bites of food mostly on a stick!
- Alcohol-free mocktails and fresh juices in mason jars are also popular!
- Gift etiquette is also changing as more families register for cash. This means no duplicate gifts and the cash fund can be used to buy something bigger, like a stroller.
- The days of boring games like “Guess how big around” are something of the past. New games like matching a celebrity parent to their child are now favorite.
Have you got your baby shower planned yet? Are you doing something original or did you get inspired on the web? Leave a comment below and tips for fellow moms!
Featured image: http://blog.hwtm.com