Dreaming about creating the perfect ombre Christmas tree this year? If you’re not sure what colors to go for or where to start, this article will provide plenty of inspiration and how-to guides to help you create a masterpiece for the holiday season.
Ready to get started?
Decorations for Ombre Christmas Trees
Depending on the color combination you decide on, there are a few things you might want to purchase.
- white Christmas tree – this is the perfect base if you’re looking to create a striking visual effect, or create one of the black and white trending ombre trees. They are super easy to spray paint, so in theory, you can go for any color you like.
- Christmas baubles in your selected color theme – these are relatively inexpensive if you buy them in big sets, and most stores offer a few gradients of the same color, so they are easy to combine and match the correct shade
- custom Christmas tree decorations – if you want to venture beyond festive baubles, there are other custom decorations that are popular today, but executing the ombre look becomes a little more tricky and also more expensive.
- matching base cover – if you want to create a rainbow tree, a mix of different colored ribbons looks great as a finishing touch to your tree. For other cases, just get the cover in the color of your bottom tree layer.
Popular Color Trends for Ombre Christmas Trees
- Pink – pink is really easy to combine with white Christmas tree, and sourcing light to dark pink ornaments is super easy too!
- Blue or Navy – blue ombre Christmas trees are surprisingly popular and thanks to wide availability of blue Christmas ornaments also easy to do.
- Black – if you’re going for more Scandi look, start with white Christmas tree that can be spray painted and add your gradient festive baubles.
- Rainbow – rainbow ombre Christmas trees are by far the most popular way to execute this festive trend and we have shared plenty of ideas below.
- Red – red looks wonderful when combined with a pink tree for a pretty ombre effect.
- Black & White – this may not be your traditional choice of colors for xmas, but on an ombre tree it looks wonderful and elegant.
- Black & Gold – looking to do a twist on a classic? Choosing black and gold accessories is a great base for creating the ombre design.
- Red & Gold – red and gold is a traditional festive color combination that looks great if you can pull off the ombre look.
- Turquoise – this might be an unusual color for xmas, but it looks really cool with white Christmas tree
- Neon – want something unique and one of a kind? Neon ombre Christmas tree will certainly stop your guests in their tracks.
How to: Ombre Christmas Tree
Are you planning to create your own ombre Christmas tree?
If you’re looking for detailed steps on how to achieve the look with your already existing collection of baubles, the video tutorial below is a great start!
Tutorial from Rachael Ray Show.
Your Inspiration for the Best Ombre Christmas Trees
Below are some of the best examples of Ombre Christmas trees we found online, grouped by a color.
You can find more inspiration and ideas from our Pinterest board.
1. Gold & Copper Ombre Trees
2. Rainbow Ombre Christmas Trees
3. Black and White Ombre Christmas Trees
4. Blue Ombre Christmas Trees
5. Pink Ombre Christmas Tree
6. DIY Spray Paint Ombre Christmas Tree
Full tutorial here.
Love it? PIN it for Later!
More Christmas Inspiration
20+ Spectacular Grinch Christmas Tree Ideas
Elegant Christmas Fireplace Decorations: 25 Beautiful Ideas to Try
50 Pretty Christmas Chalkboard Ideas for Decorating This Year
33+ Festive Balcony Christmas Decorations You Will Love
Merry & Bright: 33+ Festive Mid-Century Christmas Decorations Ideas
33+ Gorgeous Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas to Add Festive Cheer
23+ Beautiful Christmas Decor Ideas for Living Room
Christmas Cheer at Home: 23+ Gorgeous Christmas Decor Ideas for Fireplace
23+ Stylish Festive Christmas Decor Ideas for Staircase
Merry & Bright: 37+ Beautiful Rustic Christmas Decorations Ideas