Royal blue hair is the perfect way to make a statement.
If you’re looking for a way to change up your look and make people take notice – it’s the perfect choice for the occasion. It can be worn on long or short hair, looking good in every length and style.
In this article, we will share our favorite royal blue hair ideas, as well as how to achieve them and keep them looking fresh. So, let’s waste no more time and get into it!
What is Royal Blue Hair Color?
Royal Blue is a beautiful color that works for most hair types. It’s rich and vibrant, but not too bright or overwhelming. It’s a vivid yet soft shade of blue that ranges from a dark navy to a light sky-blue. It can be worn as an accent or as an all-over base color.
Royal Blue is a great way to get some fun in your life without going too crazy. And the best part is it doesn’t require too much work to achieve!
Video Tutorial: Royal Blue Hair Color at Home
Check out this cool tutorial that will show you how to create the royal blue hair look at home, without visiting a hair salon.
50+ Royal Blue Hair Color Ideas
Royal blue hair is a bold choice, but it can make for a striking look. If you’re ready for the change, here are 50 head-turning royal blue hair ideas for any hair length!
Royal Blue Hair Dye: How To Achieve The Look
To get the most out of your royal blue dye transformation, take note of these pro tips:
- First things first, make sure that your hair is in good condition before starting. Healthy hair will always be better than any funky color!
- It’s best to do a conditioning treatment prior, to ensure your hair is happy and taken care of. It’s best to dye your hair when it’s not freshly washed.
- If your hair is naturally light, consider using a transition shade. This will help it fade out slower and smoother. This will build up the product and give your hair that rich, royal blue you’re after!
- If your hair is naturally dark, you might need to bleach it depending on the specific shade of royal blue you’re after, especially if you want a vibrant look. However, the good news is that if you fancy a darker option and your natural hair is in a medium brown shade – it should dye it easily.
- Use an ash tone dye that leans violet instead of blue or green. You’ll want to use a violet-based dye so that your hair is that perfect royal blue once it’s finished processing and it’s dry again.
- Apply the dye evenly throughout your hair with an applicator brush, then comb through and leave it on for at least 45 minutes before rinsing out with cool water. This helps set the color.
- Apply a conditioning treatment once your hair is dry in order to help maintain its shine. Avoid harsh styles and hot tools to preserve the health of your hair.
Tips For Taking Care of Colored Hair
So you achieved the royal blue shade of your dreams. Congrats!
You’re probably thinking, “Now what? How do I take care of it?”
We’re here to help. We’ve got a few tips for you that will help keep your color vibrant and keep it from fading too fast.
1. Use the right shampoo
Avoid products loaded with sulfates and parabens and stock up on one’s specialized for colored hair. Sulfates are often used to strip color from hair, which is something you don’t want happening to your gorgeous blue locks. You can also add a bit of dye to your shampoo. This will help avoid fading and keep your royal blue looking its best after each wash!
2. Use conditioner
Conditioner helps keep your hair soft and shiny without weighing it down. Using a special color preserving one will also help maintain the vibrancy of your blue color. Just avoid putting conditioner on your roots – you don’t want to weigh down your hair too much with product buildup!
3. Don’t overwash
Blue hair is more prone to fading than other colors, so you should wash it less frequently than you’d normally do. Use protective hairstyles and rinse out with cold water.
4. Use nourishing products
Look for products that contain ingredients like argan oil or keratin, which help keep your color vibrant and moisturized while also protecting your hair from damage. Use deep-conditioning hair masks regularly.
5. Protect your hair
We know it’s hard – but avoid heat styling your hair. This will preserve your color, as well as the overall health of your hair.
Also, – the sun can cause fading, especially if you have dark hair with blue highlights and want to keep them bright! For that reason, always complete your outfits with a cool hat.
We hope all our royal blue hair tips and ideas were a perfect match! To make your mark on the world with other awesome hairstyles, check out our Lifestyle section for inspiration!
More Eye Catching Hair Color Ideas
50+ Purple and Green Hairstyles That Will Turn Heads
Lime Green Hair: 23+ Best Looks That Will Turn Heads
Coral Hair Color: 40 Stylish Ideas for the Hair Trend of This Year
23+ Gorgeous Ideas for Neon Orange Hair That Turns Heads
23+ Fabulous Black and Green Hair Color Ideas Trending This Year
20+ Pastel Blue Hair Color Ideas That Will Turn Heads
33+ Drop-Dead Beautiful Sunset Hair Styles that Will Turn Heads
20+ Gorgeous Forest Green Hair Looks to Inspire Your Makeover
Turn Heads with Red and Pink Hair: 20+ Hair Color Ideas you Will Love