Who doesn’t dream about a neat, clean, and stylish Scandinavian bathroom?
If you’re planning on redecorating and changing the look of your bathroom, Scandinavian style will certainly have its appeal, especially if you consider it’s based on a less is more philosophy. Choosing clean lines, simple color combinations, and toned-down decoration elements are something you can usually achieve without the help of an interior designer.
If you’re looking to recreate some of the design bathrooms you’ve seen online, we have collected over 50 of the best examples of Scandinavian bathrooms, to give you plenty of inspiration for your project.
So how do you go about achieving the Nordic look?
There are certain elements of this signature Scandinavian bathroom design style you can follow, to achieve the look on whatever budget you set in mind.
How to Craft a Scandinavian Bathroom: The Essentials
As we mentioned before, the Scandinavian approach to living is all about ‘less is more’, which translates to minimalist interior design, combined with quality materials and timeless decor.
Here are a few helpful tips to get you started on your bathroom project:
- First rule first: no clutter! Keep the items in the bathroom to minimum and find natural storage solutions for everything you need in the bathroom.
- Simplicity should be on your mind when you’re designing the placement of the elements in the bathroom – make everything practical and simple, don’t add any additional items that are not needed there. Stick to the bare minimum and you can always build up on that later on.
- Wooden vanity sinks combined with simple usually round mirrors are a good groundwork that will allow you to build on easily. If you don’t like wood, you can opt for clean white or even grey vanity sinks which always look timeless.
- Scandinavian design is not about shades of white or beige, you shouldn’t be afraid to use color in the bathroom. Black tiles for example add much-needed drama and elegance even to the smallest bathrooms, in the most surprising ways.
- Before buying, remember to check the best bathroom faucets designs to make sure they will match with the vision you had in mind.
- Natural wood or other natural materials are always the preferred in this style of bathroom, but if you can’t afford the investment, you can always add some wooden decor pieces and small elements that will make the space feel more in balance with nature
- For accents stick with neutrals that do not distract the eye when you walk into the bathroom
- Scandinavian-style bathroom is usually filled with natural light – if you don’t have enough, invest in quality lighting
41+ Gorgeous Modern Scandinavian Bathroom Ideas
Pick your favorites from our round-up below and start planning your renovation project today!
For more inspiration, visit our Pinterest board!
1. Boho Scandi Bathroom
2. Earth Tones
3. Wooden Vanity Sinks
4. Add Plants
5. Clean Lines
6. Clever Shelves
7. Warm & Light
8. Bath Oasis
9. Statement Bathtub
10. Bold with Black
11. Hanging Plants
12. Division Lines
13. Scandinavian Shower Curtain
14. Grey Tones
15. Clean Cut
16. Small Scandinavian Bathroom
17. Statement Shower Curtain
18. Cottage Feels
19. Minimalist Vanity Sink
20. Statement Mirror
21. Grey all Around
22. White Tiles All Around
23. Wooden Frames
24. Bathroom Decorations
25. Add Some Nature
26. White with Wood
27. Touch of Green
28. Small Space Bathroom Idea
29. Let there be Light
30. Add Carpets for Cozy Feeling
31. Wooden Floors
32. All White
33. Colored Tiles
34. Small and Full of Personality
35. Nature Tones
36. Clever Storage Solutions
37. Clever Light Solutions
38. Minimalist Scandinavian Bathroom
39. Black & White
40. Minimalist Decoration
41. Eclectic Tile Selection
42. Black with Wood
43. All Neutral Tones for Serene Feeling
44. Statement Natural Vanity
45. Timber Vanity
46. New Take on White Tiles
47. A Unique Towel Holder
48. Modern Marble
49. Beige Beauty
50. Smart Baskets
50. All White Walls
51. Quirky Bathroom Fixtures
52. Subway Tile
53. Tub in Focus
54. Rustic Scandi Look
55. Resort Feel
More Bathroom Inspiration:
Alternative To A Shower Curtain – How To Dress Up Your Bathroom
All White Bathrooms Ideas- How To Get The Look For Less
Boho bathrooms – Simple Bohemian Touches For Any Bathroom
Design Trend: 30+ Breathtaking Spanish Bathrooms
Funky Bathroom Accessories You Never Knew You Needed So Badly
17+ Tips for Making Your Bathroom More Kid Friendly
20 Simple Tricks to Make Your Bathroom Look Like a Luxury Spa