Who doesn’t dream about a neat, clean, and stylish Scandinavian bathroom?
If you’re planning on redecorating and changing the look of your bathroom, Scandinavian style will certainly have its appeal, especially if you consider it’s based on a less is more philosophy. Choosing clean lines, simple color combinations, and toned-down decoration elements are something you can usually achieve without the help of an interior designer.
If you’re looking to recreate some of the design bathrooms you’ve seen online, we have collected over 50 of the best examples of Scandinavian bathrooms, to give you plenty of inspiration for your project.
So how do you go about achieving the Nordic look?
There are certain elements of this signature Scandinavian bathroom design style you can follow, to achieve the look on whatever budget you set in mind.
How to Craft a Scandinavian Bathroom: The Essentials
As we mentioned before, the Scandinavian approach to living is all about ‘less is more’, which translates to minimalist interior design, combined with quality materials and timeless decor.
Here are a few helpful tips to get you started on your bathroom project:
- First rule first: no clutter! Keep the items in the bathroom to minimum and find natural storage solutions for everything you need in the bathroom.
- Simplicity should be on your mind when you’re designing the placement of the elements in the bathroom – make everything practical and simple, don’t add any additional items that are not needed there. Stick to the bare minimum and you can always build up on that later on.
- Wooden vanity sinks combined with simple usually round mirrors are a good groundwork that will allow you to build on easily. If you don’t like wood, you can opt for clean white or even grey vanity sinks which always look timeless.
- Scandinavian design is not about shades of white or beige, you shouldn’t be afraid to use color in the bathroom. Black tiles for example add much-needed drama and elegance even to the smallest bathrooms, in the most surprising ways.
- Before buying, remember to check the best bathroom faucets designs to make sure they will match with the vision you had in mind.
- Natural wood or other natural materials are always the preferred in this style of bathroom, but if you can’t afford the investment, you can always add some wooden decor pieces and small elements that will make the space feel more in balance with nature
- For accents stick with neutrals that do not distract the eye when you walk into the bathroom
- Scandinavian-style bathroom is usually filled with natural light – if you don’t have enough, invest in quality lighting
41+ Gorgeous Modern Scandinavian Bathroom Ideas
Pick your favorites from our round-up below and start planning your renovation project today!
For more inspiration, visit our Pinterest board!