Practicing positive affirmations for kids is one of the best things you can do for their mental health.
But where do you start? Which ones to use and how to practice?
We compiled this comprehensive article to answer all your questions + there is a little bonus included: FREE Printables that will help them to stick to the affirmations routine and practice.
Are you ready to get started?
If you want to hop straight to the action and choose your affirmations, feel free to skip this section and head down below.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE AFFIRMATION PRINTABLES
If you’re only interested to download the free printables, here is an easy sign-up for where you can do that. By entering your email you are agreeing to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with updates & freebies.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations for Kids
If you looking for positive affirmations for kids, you probably already know the power that daily affirmation practice brings.
The daily repetition of phrases and quotes that resonate with your kids on a deep level has the power to influence their subconscious minds and program them to always seek out the best in themselves.
Studies indicate that affirmations also help to build resilience and even though it’s still not fully understood how this complex psychological process works, the benefits are clear and well documented.
FREE PRINTABLE AFFIRMATIONS FOR KIDS: Scroll to the end of the post to download yours!
How to Use Positive Affirmations for Kids
Are you ready to help your kids get the most out of this practice?
These tips were collected from a number of books and expert advice on the subject, and are proven to work for just about anyone.
Ready to listen up?
- Find a quiet place for your child to repeat the affirmations – with their mind not focused, they are likely just repeating something out loud without the words truly resonating with them
- If your child can connect an emotion with the affirmation, they will be much more powerful and bring about change much faster
- The best approach to affirmations is to help your child write their own – in that way, they resonate with your child on a deeper level and reflect what’s important to her or him. You can start with the ones provided here, and narrow down the list to the ones that resonate best with your child.
- Just as with any habit, it gets better with repetition, and that’s especially true for positive affirmations for kids
- Don’t get discouraged if their mind wanders off when they repeat the affirmations – just like with meditation, practice makes perfect
- Find a format that works for your child – it could be recording them on your phone and letting them listen to the track, reading affirmations out loud, or using affirmation cards placed around your home.
101 Powerful Positive Affirmations for Kids
Below is the full list of the best positive affirmations for kids. Feel free to pick and choose which ones fit you best and which ones you want to use.
If you get our free printables linked below, you can write your own positive affirmations on the cards provided, or on the affirmation poster to place in your child’s room.
FREE PRINTABLE AFFIRMATIONS FOR KIDS: Scroll to the end of the post to download yours!
- I am loved.
- I am respected.
- I am appreciated.
- I love myself.
- I love my family.
- My life is beautiful.
- I am healthy and happy.
- I am a great friend.
- I am smart and do great at school.
- I am full of great ideas and thoughts.
- I have the power to create anything I desire.
- I am playful, fun, and creative.
- I am unique and special.
- I am a great listener.
- I love my body.
- I love myself just as I love others.
- I am safe and cared for.
- I can ask for support.
- I know right from wrong.
- I can learn anything I put my mind to.
- I am proud of the person I am becoming.
- I turn failures into opportunities for success.
- I am patient.
- I trust in my ability to solve problems.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am safe, protected, and loved.
- I love making new friends.
- My life is filled with happiness.
- I have many talents.
- I’m working at my own pace.
- I’m going to take a chance.
- I am helpful.
- I am deserving of love, trust, and kindness.
- I care about others.
- I respect other people.
- I am thankful for being who I am.
- I see the good in myself.
- Today I am going to shine.
- I am going to get through this.
- I’m choosing to have an amazing day.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I have amazing abilities.
- Today I will walk through my fears.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- I enjoy discovering something new.
- I act responsibly.
- Whatever I do, I give it my best.
- Every day brings new opportunities.
- I am a good influence on others.
- I radiate love and compassion.
- If I fall, I will get back up again.
- I am whole.
- Everything is fine.
- My voice matters.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I am building my future.
- I choose to think positively.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am wonderful just as I am.
- My ideas are valued.
- I am free to make my own choices.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I can make a difference.
- Today I choose to be confident.
- I can choose to bring joy to the people around me.
- I’m learning to communicate respectfully with others.
- I am compassionate.
- I am optimistic.
- I accomplish great results.
- I am joyful.
- I enjoy letting events unfold in good time.
- I can do kind things without being asked.
- Including someone is a bold act of kindness.
- I can try to learn and understand how others think and feel.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I am happy.
- Today, I will shine.
- My future is bright.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- I am making the right choices.
- I surround myself with positive people.
- I have a beautiful imagination.
- I believe in my dreams.
- Sometimes I make mistakes but I choose to learn from them.
- I deeply love and accept myself.
- I have faith in myself.
- I am a product of my decisions.
- I am forgiving.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I am strong inside and out.
- I am strong and determined.
- I am always in the right place at the right time.
- I am friendly.
- I embrace change.
- Today is going to be my day.
- I am confident.
- I love my parents.
- I am grateful for my life.
- I love who I am today and who I will become tomorrow.
9 FREE Affirmation Printables for Your Kids
To make your kids’ affirmation habits stick, we have designed a collection of 9 printables that make the practice of affirmations fun and engaging.
To get your PDF with the free printables, simply enter your email and we will send them to you to the email address provided.
DOWNLOAD YOUR POSITIVE AFFIRMATION PRINTABLES HERE
By entering your email you are agreeing to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with updates & freebies.
Positive Affirmations Poster – these cute posters come in two versions – filled in, or blank to add your own personal affirmations. They have super cute design with 3 animals to choose from, and make a perfect poster for your kids’ room. You can print them out and laminate them, to make them last longer. There is also a dedicated space to add your child’s name, so the poster feels personal to him or her.
Positive Affirmations Cards – if you prefer using flash cards with affirmation messages, you will love these cute ones we have designed. They also come in two versions – filled in and blank ones, where you can add your own messages.
Self Talk Journal Printable – to round things up and to make your practice even more effective, we have designed this practice sheet that will help you identify negative self talk in your kids, and craft their own personal positive affirmations to combat these negative beliefs. If you want your child to do his or her own affirmations, this printable is a great place to start.
Full list of printables included in this bundle:
- Printable positive affirmations for kids – owl poster
- Printable positive affirmations for kids – fox poster
- Printable positive affirmations for kids – whale poster
- Blank printable positive affirmations for kids – owl poster
- Blank printable positive affirmations for kids – fox poster
- Blank printable positive affirmations for kids – whale poster
- Printable positive affirmations cards for kids
- Blank printable positive affirmations cards for kids
- Self talk journal printable
These printables are available for personal use only – it is strictly forbidden for these to be distributed physically or as digital files. If you are a publisher and would like to share these printables with your audience, you can do so by linking to this article, not to the digital files themselves (also known as hot-linking)! It is strictly forbidden to offer these printables as a free download for your audience, to give them out as a prize in giveaways, or to sell them.