Are you looking for some creative succulent arrangement ideas?
If you’re planning a new way to display your favorite succulents, you came to the right place!
Get ready to get your green fingers dirty and find some amazing ideas for displaying your succulents in a new way.
Whether you’re looking to do a bit of DIY and make your own succulent planter from items you have at home, or you’re looking for inspiration on where to buy some cool succulent pots, you will find plenty of ideas for both here!
If you love indoor succulents as much as we do, you know that the possibilities for their display and planting are limitless. If you got bored with your standard pots, it is super easy to mix things up and create some unique displays worthy of a designer garden.
Below are some practical tips before you get started on selecting your preferred idea – scroll down lower in the article if you prefer to browse through them right away.
Succulent Arrangement Ideas: How to Do It?
When it comes to succulent arrangements, there are a few basic rules you should follow:
- Consider Colors – if you’re going for a monochromatic arrangement in the shade of greens, choose a variety of different shades and pigments to give your arrangement a bit of variety and contrast. You can also use complementary colors which make the arrangement look very cohesive and pleasing from any angle.
- Use a Centerpiece – as per the common rule of succulent arrangement, one of your succulents should be a showcase piece that’s dramatically different from the rest of the succulents
- Filler succulents – these are the ones that cover most of the space in your arrangements
- Spilling succulents – especially fun in taller containers, these crawling succulents that spill out of the pot make the whole arrangement look more alive and natural
- Consider light conditions – try to choose succulents that have roughly similar light needs for the same arrangement. That way you can ensure they will all thrive.
What to Use for Creative Succulent Arrangement Ideas
Some of the most common items used for indoor succulent arrangements or gardens include these:
- vases of all shapes and sizes, ideally with a wider opening and shorter ones so you can easily fill them with soil
- baskets from different materials which allow you to plant more succulents and create a wonderful indoor garden
- small aquariums or terrariums which allow you to display your succulents in a beautiful way and create a mini landscape
- hanging planters – perfect for climbing succulents to display them in their full beauty
- cups and glasses that make the perfect vehicle to showcase your favorite pieces
- old plates or small dining items also make a wonderful succulent planter
Most Popular Succulents to Use for Arrangements
Some of the most popular and easy-to-keep succulents for arrangements include:
- Burro’s Tail (sedum morganianum) …
- Crown of Thorns (euphorbia milii) …
- Flaming Katy (kalanchoe blossfeldiana) …
- Aloe Vera (aloe vera) …
- Panda Plant (kalanchoe tomentosa) …
- Pincushion Cactus (mammillaria crinita) …
- Roseum (sedum spurium)
Get Inspired: 40+ Pictures of the Best Succulent Arrangement Ideas
Here is the roundup of some of the best ideas we found online and on Pinterest. Browse through these and save these on your Pinterest board or directly on your computer.
To see more details about each arrangement, click on the source link under the image which will take you to the original site.