How to arrange plants in living room to make it greener, welcoming, and aesthetic? We have selected 20 fun ideas to test just before the new season.
Indoor plants bring greenery, extra comfort, and positive energy to your home. You shouldn’t forget that many indoor plants also help purify the air, and minimize the harmful effects of household appliances and synthetic materials.
Depending on your living room space, natural light, exposure, and not least room temperature, you can choose green indoor plants and blooming indoor plants.
For more living room decor ideas go to our dedicated Pinterest board.
How to Arrange Plants in Living Room
How to arrange plants in living room depends mainly on the room space. Of course, you have the best opportunity to use the verticle space and walls in your living room as placing plant shelves, plant stands, and even build a plant wall.
Fill the corners of the living room with plant pots, and choose your plants according to the temperature of the room, and not least according to the light exposure.
- Pots on plant shelves- Depending on the height of the plants, determine the distance between the shelves if there is more than one.
- Pots on side tables- Side tables are a great way to fill the space between your living room furniture. You can make them even more aesthetic when you place plants on them.
- Pots on a ladder- Using a wooden ladder in the living room, kitchen, and even bathroom interior is a cool way to use the vertical space in your home. It could be turned into a lovely plant stand where you can place hanging or crawling plants.
- Plant holders, and stands- The best way to make an aesthetic plant arrangement is when you have more plants in your living room.
- Plant arrangements on the coffee table- Decorate your coffee or dining table with plants pots that you can arrange with some other decoration elements like candles.
- Plant arrangements on mental- If you have a fireplace in your home and you love plants, you could put a few pots and planters around.
1. Statment Plants
How to arrange plants in living room when you have high ceilings? The task is easy if you pick statement tall plants that will grow happy.
2. Relaxing Plant Area
Create a relaxing area in your living room surrounded by plants where you can recharge yourself.
3. Small and Tall Plants
Do not be afraid to mix different types of plants. Just make sure they all need the same amount of humidity and lights, so they can grow properly.
4. Living Room Jungle
5. Cacti Living Room
Bring more southern feeling with a few cacti pots in rattan baskets or natural clay pots.
6. Plants in Baskets
Makes sure you pick aesthetic plant pots. This is important for the overall look of your living room.
7. Plants from the Ceiling
Probably you think it is too much, but if you have enough height in your living room is a great way to fill the space.
8. Plant Wall
You can take advantage of the vertical space and place a few or even more pots on your bookshelves, or a vertical library.
9. Boho Spirit
10. Plant Corner
Sometimes filling living room corners is a difficult task. In situations like this, think about placing plants.
11. Plants Around the Windows
Yes, plants need natural lights, and this is the best way how to arrange plants in living room.
12. Plants Combination
Plants could be arranged beautifully among pieces of art, books, and candles.
13. Variety of Plants
Different sizes of plants and combinations of natural clay pots look stylish and aesthetic.
14. Plant Shelves
Plant shelves are the ideal solution when you are growing more plants.
15. Mix and Match
Mix and match plants around your living room windows. You can place additional decorative elements around like vintage lanterns with candles.
16. Big Plant
One big plant sometimes is everything you need to fill the space between your living room sofas.
17. Corner Plant Arrangement
18. Big Plant Pots
Big plants need huge pots, choose plain, and elegant pots from natural materials.
19. Matching Plant Pots
Do not underestimate the choice of plant pots.
20. Living Plant Wall
If you are a real plant parent, you will know how to arrange plants in living room, and makeover the wall into a heavenly plant wall.